Official Blog LibreOffice Brazil

Eliane Domingos de Sousa-4 Eliane Domingos de Sousa-4

Official Blog LibreOffice Brazil

Dear all,

I would like to submit my request for your appreciation.

I would like to have for the Brazilian LibreOffice Community and
users/fans of LIBO an official blog in the structure of TDF using the
sub-domain pt-br.libreoffice.org. I had some informations about this
possibility and it's possible, however there are costs involved per year
in a total of 73 USD.

Today we're using an unofficial blog, translating the posts of TDF blog
for Portuguese, but I'm not confortable to use this structure. Actually,
I think it's not right to work out of structure of TDF.

Do you see any problem about this?

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Eliane Domingos de Sousa
Brazilian LibreOffice Community

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: Official Blog LibreOffice Brazil

Hi,

Eliane Domingos de Sousa wrote on 2012-09-11 20:21:

> I would like to submit my request for your appreciation.
>
> I would like to have for the Brazilian LibreOffice Community and
> users/fans of LIBO an official blog in the structure of TDF using the
> sub-domain pt-br.libreoffice.org. I had some informations about this
> possibility and it's possible, however there are costs involved per year
> in a total of 73 USD.
>
> Today we're using an unofficial blog, translating the posts of TDF blog
> for Portuguese, but I'm not confortable to use this structure. Actually,
> I think it's not right to work out of structure of TDF.
>
> Do you see any problem about this?

thanks for proposing this, Eliane!

My mid-term plan is to host WordPress on our own, which then would scale
much better and we could easily set up various languages. For the
moment, however, the migration to our new platform has priority, wso I
won't be able to touch this. I expect to be not ready before 2 months of
time or so.

Therefore, since Brazil is very active, I would support your request. If
we can solve the problem with some small amount of money, that's better
than binding admin's time that's desperately needed elsewhere right now.
I just want to note that this is no precedence for others - if tomorrow,
20 others projects would ask, spending 20*70 USD surely is not economic
anymore. :-)

So: +1 to your request from my side.

Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108

Eliane Domingos de Sousa-4 Eliane Domingos de Sousa-4

Re: Official Blog LibreOffice Brazil

Hi Florian,

Thanks for your return and support.

Maybe I was not very clear in my e-mail request. We are prepared to
paying this bill. Tell us only the way.

Best

Eliane Domingos de Sousa

Eliane Domingos de Sousa wrote on 2012-09-12 15:15:
> Thanks for your return and support.

thank YOU for your work! ;)

> Maybe I was not very clear in my e-mail request. We are prepared to
> paying this bill. Tell us only the way.

My take is that TDF should pay it, after all, providing infrastructure
is one of our major tasks.

In any case, you should create your blog at wordpress.com and then give
me (user floeff) admin access, so I can take care of necessary payments
and add the subdomain.

Let's wait until Monday if there are any objections from the board.

+1 from my side to set up the blog and pay from TDF funds

Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108

Olivier Hallot Olivier Hallot

Re: Official Blog LibreOffice Brazil

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz

Re: Official Blog LibreOffice Brazil

+1

Charles.

de-jourdain de-jourdain

2012/9/12 Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
Hi,

Eliane Domingos de Sousa wrote on 2012-09-12 15:15:

Thanks for your return and support.

thank YOU for your work! ;)

Maybe I was not very clear in my e-mail request. We are prepared to paying this bill. Tell us only the way.

My take is that TDF should pay it, after all, providing infrastructure is one of our major tasks.

In any case, you should create your blog at wordpress.com and then give me (user floeff) admin access, so I can take care of necessary payments and add the subdomain.

Let's wait until Monday if there are any objections from the board.

+1 from my side to set up the blog and pay from TDF funds

Me too. On our side in Brazil, I say it would be great to have our official blog LibO pt_BR within the TDF's structure, under the TDF's domains. Protected under TDF funds, better yet, I can't deny. ;-)

+1 also from my side.

Florian

Tel: <a href="tel:%2B49%208341%2099660880" value="+49834199660880" target="_blank">+49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: <a href="tel:%2B49%20151%2014424108" value="+4915114424108" target="_blank">+49 151 14424108

David Emmerich Jourdain