One of the new tips makes no sense to me.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
kees538-2 kees538-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

One of the new tips makes no sense to me.

Translating I run into next Tip.

Move a column in Calc between two others in one step? Click the header
then a cell in the column, keep mouse button and move to the target with
Alt key.

This one makes no sense to me. But maybe I just don't understand it.

Kind regards,
Kees


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

htietze htietze
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: One of the new tips makes no sense to me.

You have col A:C filled with data and want to have C after A but keep
(and move) B. Typical scenario that most users like me solve by adding
an empty column, copy/paste, and delete col. But you can grab the col
and when you press the Alt key the data are pasted in between the
headers, indicated by a changed drop cursor. Try it out (if it's not
working you may have to press Alt later, perhaps).

On 2019-06-01 09:07, [hidden email] wrote:

> Translating I run into next Tip.
>
> Move a column in Calc between two others in one step? Click the header
> then a cell in the column, keep mouse button and move to the target with
> Alt key.
>
> This one makes no sense to me. But maybe I just don't understand it.
>
> Kind regards,
> Kees
>
>

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: One of the new tips makes no sense to me.

In reply to this post by kees538-2
Want to move a column in Calc in-between two others in a single step? Click
the header of a column, then a cell in this column, while pressing Alt key
keep mouse button pressed and move it to the desired position.

Not totally grammatically correct, but probably makes more sense.

But this has further errors. On macOS there is no Alt key, the key is named
Option, this tooltip (as many others, also the ones pointing to the Options
menu) should have OS-specific switches in there. Really buggy.

Who from the Documentation team did the review and gave a thumb up to these
tips?

Lp, m.


V V sob., 1. jun. 2019 ob 09:08 je oseba <[hidden email]> napisala:

> Translating I run into next Tip.
>
> Move a column in Calc between two others in one step? Click the header
> then a cell in the column, keep mouse button and move to the target with
> Alt key.
>
> This one makes no sense to me. But maybe I just don't understand it.
>
> Kind regards,
> Kees
>
>
> --
> To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
> Problems?
> https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
> Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
> Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
>
>

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
pierre-yves samyn pierre-yves samyn
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: One of the new tips makes no sense to me.

In reply to this post by kees538-2
Hi

>Move a column in Calc between two others in one step? Click the header
>then a cell in the column, keep mouse button and move to the target with
>Alt key.
>This one makes no sense to me. But maybe I just don't understand it.

The same thing in video (english subtitles)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EclKK0UM4l8&feature=youtu.be

Regards,
Pierre-Yves

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
htietze htietze
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: One of the new tips makes no sense to me.

In reply to this post by Martin Srebotnjak
Release early, release often is the open source credo. We talked about
the remaining issues and this macOS specific was one. Filed a bug right
now https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=125615 (maybe
it's a duplicate).
And feel free to change the tips, text was taken from the marketing pad
and has room for improvement at many places.

On 2019-06-01 11:41, Martin Srebotnjak wrote:

> Want to move a column in Calc in-between two others in a single step? Click
> the header of a column, then a cell in this column, while pressing Alt key
> keep mouse button pressed and move it to the desired position.
>
> Not totally grammatically correct, but probably makes more sense.
>
> But this has further errors. On macOS there is no Alt key, the key is named
> Option, this tooltip (as many others, also the ones pointing to the Options
> menu) should have OS-specific switches in there. Really buggy.
>
> Who from the Documentation team did the review and gave a thumb up to these
> tips?
>
> Lp, m.
>
>
> V V sob., 1. jun. 2019 ob 09:08 je oseba <[hidden email]> napisala:
>
>> Translating I run into next Tip.
>>
>> Move a column in Calc between two others in one step? Click the header
>> then a cell in the column, keep mouse button and move to the target with
>> Alt key.
>>
>> This one makes no sense to me. But maybe I just don't understand it.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Kees
>>
>>
>> --
>> To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
>> Problems?
>> https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
>> Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
>> List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
>> Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
>>
>>
>

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
htietze htietze
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: One of the new tips makes no sense to me.

In reply to this post by pierre-yves samyn
We can add URLs to the tips (CC Mike). It would be...

old: "... > Columns."), "", "tipoftheday_w.png"},"
new: "... > Columns."), "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EclKK0UM4l8",
"tipoftheday_w.png"},"

Very low hurdle for newcomers.

On 2019-06-01 13:05, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi
>
>> Move a column in Calc between two others in one step? Click the header
>> then a cell in the column, keep mouse button and move to the target with
>> Alt key.
>> This one makes no sense to me. But maybe I just don't understand it.
>
> The same thing in video (english subtitles)
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EclKK0UM4l8&feature=youtu.be
>
> Regards,
> Pierre-Yves
>

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
pierre-yves samyn pierre-yves samyn
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: One of the new tips makes no sense to me.

In reply to this post by htietze
Hi...

>De: "Heiko Tietze" <[hidden email]>
>And feel free to change the tips, text was taken from the marketing pad
>and has room for improvement at many places.

That's exactly what I thought....

And please don't forget that :
- these "tips of the day" were originally intended for the 140 characters of twitter
- they were not intended to be updated and...
- those published were proofread by the person putting them online (Mike I guess).
- English is not my mother tongue :)

Regards
Pierre-Yves

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy