OpenBSD bootstrap diffs

Robert Nagy Robert Nagy

OpenBSD bootstrap diffs

Hey

Attached some diffs to make LibreOffice boostrap on OpenBSD.

bootstrap.diff (7K) Download Attachment
distro-config.diff (999 bytes) Download Attachment
unxobsd.mk (6K) Download Attachment
Robert Nagy Robert Nagy

Re: OpenBSD bootstrap diffs

Ooops the boostrap.diff and unxobsd.mk files were
wrong. Here are the correct ones.

bootstrap.diff (7K) Download Attachment
unxobsd.mk (7K) Download Attachment
Miklos Vajna Miklos Vajna

Re: OpenBSD bootstrap diffs

On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 12:09:22AM +0100, Robert Nagy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ooops the boostrap.diff and unxobsd.mk files were
> wrong. Here are the correct ones.

Could you please use 'git add' for unxobsd.mk, then 'git commit -a',
write the commit message, finally 'git format-patch -1' to produce the
patch? That makes it easy to apply.

See here:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development#Preparing_patches

Thanks.

Robert Nagy Robert Nagy

Re: OpenBSD bootstrap diffs

Yeah I could but now it's easier for the commiter just to copy it.
Next time, I will add it first.

On (2010-11-04 00:37), Miklos Vajna wrote:
> Could you please use 'git add' for unxobsd.mk, then 'git commit -a',
> write the commit message, finally 'git format-patch -1' to produce the
> patch? That makes it easy to apply.
>
> See here:
>
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development#Preparing_patches
>
> Thanks.

Rene Engelhard Rene Engelhard

Re: OpenBSD bootstrap diffs

On Wed, Nov 03, 2010 at 10:02:12PM +0100, Robert Nagy wrote:
> Attached some diffs to make LibreOffice boostrap on OpenBSD.

Thanks, added/pushed.

Grüße/Regards,

René

On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 12:44:18AM +0100, Robert Nagy wrote:
> Yeah I could but now it's easier for the commiter just to copy it.

Actually, no, git format-patch would be easier here, too.

a) it already has the right author (I neeeded to add --author manually)
b) it already had all the files there, without manual diff'ing/git add'ing
c) I wouldn't have needed to invent commit messages (I took your subjects and/or
   mail content)

:)

Grüße/Regards,

René

On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 12:50:26AM +0100, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 12:44:18AM +0100, Robert Nagy wrote:
> > Yeah I could but now it's easier for the commiter just to copy it.
>
> Actually, no, git format-patch would be easier here, too.
>
> a) it already has the right author (I neeeded to add --author manually)
> b) it already had all the files there, without manual diff'ing/git add'ing

s/diff/patch/, obviously...

Grüße/Regards,

René
Robert Nagy Robert Nagy

Re: OpenBSD bootstrap diffs

Thanks, yeah git is kinda stupid :)

On (2010-11-04 00:46), Rene Engelhard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Nov 03, 2010 at 10:02:12PM +0100, Robert Nagy wrote:
> > Attached some diffs to make LibreOffice boostrap on OpenBSD.
>
> Thanks, added/pushed.
>
> Grüße/Regards,
>
> René
Caolán McNamara Caolán McNamara

Re: OpenBSD bootstrap diffs

On Wed, 2010-11-03 at 22:02 +0100, Robert Nagy wrote:
> Hey
>
> Attached some diffs to make LibreOffice boostrap on OpenBSD.

As a matter of interest, would it be possible to e.g. just

.INCLUDE : unxlng.mk

at the top of the unxobsd.mk

and then just override the individual variables that need to be
different. That way it stays in sync with the Linux ones and get the
benefits of whatever changes happen in the Linux using gcc-chain.

C.

Robert Nagy Robert Nagy

Re: OpenBSD bootstrap diffs

On (2010-11-04 08:58), Caolán McNamara wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-11-03 at 22:02 +0100, Robert Nagy wrote:
> > Hey
> >
> > Attached some diffs to make LibreOffice boostrap on OpenBSD.
>
> As a matter of interest, would it be possible to e.g. just
>
> .INCLUDE : unxlng.mk
>
> at the top of the unxobsd.mk
>
> and then just override the individual variables that need to be
> different. That way it stays in sync with the Linux ones and get the
> benefits of whatever changes happen in the Linux using gcc-chain.
>
> C.

No! That can introduce bugs just automagically by
people commiting to unxlng.mk.
I will keep the _needed_ changes in sync.