Opening foreign document from LOBase

Pat Brown Pat Brown

Opening foreign document from LOBase

Hi,
   I am developing an LO database and I want to open a PDF document from a
button on a Base Form. I want a button on the form that will open a
specific, different PDF document for each record. I want it to open the
document in the default PDF reader? I have not been able to find anything
to help me. I would appreciate a pointer to where I might be able to find
instructions on how to do this.

Thanks,

Paddy

Robert Großkopf Robert Großkopf

Re: Opening foreign document from LOBase

Hi Paddy,

> Hi,
>    I am developing an LO database and I want to open a PDF document from a
> button on a Base Form. I want a button on the form that will open a
> specific, different PDF document for each record. I want it to open the
> document in the default PDF reader? I have not been able to find anything
> to help me. I would appreciate a pointer to where I might be able to find
> instructions on how to do this.

This will work with a macro - here a part of it:
oShell = createUnoService("com.sun.star.system.SystemShellExecute")
oShell.execute(URL,,0)

It will open the program, which is linked to the type of file.

You could find it in the German Base Handbuch, but the translation into
English isn't finished since a long time ...

You could find a translated version from 1 1/2 years ago  here:
http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de/lo_hb_en/
Look for the chapter "Macros".

Regards

Robert