Opening this Word document crashes LO rc2, opens ok in OOo

Mark-4 Mark-4

Opening this Word document crashes LO rc2, opens ok in OOo

When I tried to open the document I posted at
http://zentektales.com/EvenStaffRecruitment.doc, it crashed LO (I'm running
3.3.0 rc 2), but it opened ok in OOo 3.2.1.

(By crashed, I mean it caused all my open LO windows to disappear....)

RodMyers RodMyers

Re: Opening this Word document crashes LO rc2, opens ok in OOo

On 1/3/11 3:32 PM, Mark wrote:
> When I tried to open the document I posted at
> http://zentektales.com/EvenStaffRecruitment.doc, it crashed LO (I'm running
> 3.3.0 rc 2), but it opened ok in OOo 3.2.1.
>
> (By crashed, I mean it caused all my open LO windows to disappear....)

Using a mac, and LO 3.3.0 rc2, and it opens for me

--
Rodney D. Myers <[hidden email]>
AIM#:            YAHOO:

        Ben Franklin - 1759

Miklos Vajna Miklos Vajna

On Mon, Jan 03, 2011 at 04:46:42PM -0500, "Rodney D. Myers" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 1/3/11 3:32 PM, Mark wrote:
> > When I tried to open the document I posted at
> > http://zentektales.com/EvenStaffRecruitment.doc, it crashed LO (I'm running
> > 3.3.0 rc 2), but it opened ok in OOo 3.2.1.
> >
> > (By crashed, I mean it caused all my open LO windows to disappear....)
> >

> Using a mac, and LO 3.3.0 rc2, and it opens for me

What OS? It does not crash here on Linux, either.

eskroni eskroni

Re: Opening this Word document crashes LO rc2, opens ok in OOo

Hi,

2011/1/3 Miklos Vajna <[hidden email]>:

> On Mon, Jan 03, 2011 at 04:46:42PM -0500, "Rodney D. Myers" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 1/3/11 3:32 PM, Mark wrote:
>> > When I tried to open the document I posted at
>> > http://zentektales.com/EvenStaffRecruitment.doc, it crashed LO (I'm running
>> > 3.3.0 rc 2), but it opened ok in OOo 3.2.1.
>> >
>> > (By crashed, I mean it caused all my open LO windows to disappear....)
>> >

>> Using a mac, and LO 3.3.0 rc2, and it opens for me
>
> What OS? It does not crash here on Linux, either.

Yes, indeed, this would be interesting. It does not crash for me
either. I'm using LibO 3.3.0 RC2 on Mandriva Linux 2010.1 (on a
netbook).

I did not find any problems.

Sigrid

valdez.waltter valdez.waltter

Re: Opening this Word document crashes LO rc2, opens ok in OOo

I tried to open in a PC with windows XP and crashed. LOrc2
Enviado desde mi dispositivo de bolsillo inalámbrico BlackBerry® de Telecom.

> On Mon, Jan 03, 2011 at 04:46:42PM -0500, "Rodney D. Myers" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 1/3/11 3:32 PM, Mark wrote:
>> > When I tried to open the document I posted at
>> > http://zentektales.com/EvenStaffRecruitment.doc, it crashed LO (I'm running
>> > 3.3.0 rc 2), but it opened ok in OOo 3.2.1.
>> >
>> > (By crashed, I mean it caused all my open LO windows to disappear....)
>> >

>> Using a mac, and LO 3.3.0 rc2, and it opens for me
>
> What OS? It does not crash here on Linux, either.

Yes, indeed, this would be interesting. It does not crash for me
either. I'm using LibO 3.3.0 RC2 on Mandriva Linux 2010.1 (on a
netbook).

I did not find any problems.

Sigrid

Scott Jones Scott Jones

Re: Opening this Word document crashes LO rc2, opens ok in OOo

With LOrc2 on Windows XP SP3 this document crashes LO.  If I then
re-open LO it tries to recover the document and crashes again.

besr2010-prg besr2010-prg

El 03/01/2011 07:55 p.m., Scott Jones escribió:

> With LOrc2 on Windows XP SP3 this document crashes LO.  If I then
> re-open LO it tries to recover the document and crashes again.

> I tried to open in a PC with windows XP and crashed. LOrc2
> Enviado desde mi dispositivo de bolsillo inalámbrico BlackBerry® de
> Telecom.

In windows XP SP3 updated LO crash exiting without warning and in OO
3.2.1 open fine

Pedro Pedro

Re: Opening this Word document crashes LO rc2, opens ok in OOo

I can confirm that I get the same result as Scott Jones under XP SP3.

However the document opens perfectly under OOo 3.3.0 RC8
besr2010-prg besr2010-prg

Re: Opening this Word document crashes LO rc2, opens ok in OOo

________________________________
El 03/01/2011 07:55 p.m., Scott Jones escribió:

> With LOrc2 on Windows XP SP3 this document crashes LO.  If I then re-open LO it
>tries to recover the document and crashes again.

> I tried to open in a PC with windows XP and crashed. LOrc2
> Enviado desde mi dispositivo de bolsillo inalámbrico BlackBerry® de Telecom.

I can confirm in windows XP SP3 updated LO crash exiting without warning and in
OO 3.2.1 open fine

-- Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/users/

gomadtroll gomadtroll

On Monday 03 January 2011 02:13:31 pm plino wrote:
> I can confirm that I get the same result as Scott Jones under XP SP3.
>
> However the document opens perfectly under OOo 3.3.0 RC8
> archive at Nabble.com.

Lots of confirmations to the user list :-), hopefully a bug was filed.
--
Peace,

Greg

Andy Brown Andy Brown

On Mon Jan 03 2011 12:32:39 GMT-0800 (PST)  Mark wrote:
> When I tried to open the document I posted at
> http://zentektales.com/EvenStaffRecruitment.doc, it crashed LO (I'm running
> 3.3.0 rc 2), but it opened ok in OOo 3.2.1.
>
> (By crashed, I mean it caused all my open LO windows to disappear....)

I can confirm running LibO 3.3 RC2 under Windows 7 Home Premium.  Works
under OOo 3.2.1.

Does not crash with LibO 3.3 RC2 under Ubuntu but does not show
correctly, graphics missing.

Has anyone filed a bug report or send a message in the dev list?

Andy

Mark-4 Mark-4

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 5:17 PM, Andy Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon Jan 03 2011 12:32:39 GMT-0800 (PST)  Mark wrote:
>>
>> When I tried to open the document I posted at
>> http://zentektales.com/EvenStaffRecruitment.doc, it crashed LO (I'm running
>> 3.3.0 rc 2), but it opened ok in OOo 3.2.1.
>>
>> (By crashed, I mean it caused all my open LO windows to disappear....)
>
> I can confirm running LibO 3.3 RC2 under Windows 7 Home Premium.  Works under OOo 3.2.1.
>
> Does not crash with LibO 3.3 RC2 under Ubuntu but does not show correctly, graphics missing.

Interesting - I am running Ubuntu Maverick 64-bit.

Now that I try this again, LO opens the document but, as noted, most
of the document does not display properly at all.  Only the first time
I opened it did it crash.

Foo.

In any case, it looks like a mess in LO, but fine in OOo.

Tom Tom

Re: Opening this Word document crashes LO rc2, opens ok in OOo

Hi

Errr, i wanted to help pin-point where the problem was by letting you know where
it wasn't.  That sort of thing tends to be handy for bug-reports but sometimes
it feels like people are saying "you can't be having that problem" or "how dare
you criticise ... ".  However, the important thing is getting the
trouble-shooting pinpointed so that the problem can get fixed.

Thanks for your help
Good luck and happy new year