Oracle contributes OOo Code to Apache Software Foundation's Incubator

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
33 messages Options
Next » 12
NoOp NoOp
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Oracle contributes OOo Code to Apache Software Foundation's Incubator

<quote>
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Jun 1, 2011) - "With today's proposal
to contribute the OpenOffice.org code to The Apache Software
Foundation's Incubator, Oracle continues to demonstrate its commitment
to the developer and open source communities. Donating OpenOffice.org to
Apache gives this popular consumer software a mature, open, and well
established infrastructure to continue well into the future. The Apache
Software Foundation's model makes it possible for commercial and
individual volunteer contributors to collaborate on open source product
development." -- Luke Kowalski, vice president, Oracle Corporate
Architecture Group.
</quote>

More:
<http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/statements-on-openofficeorg-contribution-to-apache-nasdaq-orcl-1521400.htm>

It will be interesting to see how this works out & how TDF will work
with ASF.


--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

mhenriday mhenriday
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Oracle contributes OOo Code to Apache Software Foundation's Incubator

2011/6/1 NoOp <[hidden email]>

> <quote>
> REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Jun 1, 2011) - "With today's proposal
> to contribute the OpenOffice.org code to The Apache Software
> Foundation's Incubator, Oracle continues to demonstrate its commitment
> to the developer and open source communities. Donating OpenOffice.org to
> Apache gives this popular consumer software a mature, open, and well
> established infrastructure to continue well into the future. The Apache
> Software Foundation's model makes it possible for commercial and
> individual volunteer contributors to collaborate on open source product
> development." -- Luke Kowalski, vice president, Oracle Corporate
> Architecture Group.
> </quote>
>
> More:
> <
> http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/statements-on-openofficeorg-contribution-to-apache-nasdaq-orcl-1521400.htm
> >
>
> It will be interesting to see how this works out & how TDF will work
> with ASF.
>

Fascinating, NoOp - wheels within wheels ! Thanks for posting this !...

Henri

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
NoOp NoOp
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Oracle contributes OOo Code to Apache Software Foundation's Incubator

On 06/01/2011 09:23 AM, M Henri Day wrote:

> 2011/6/1 NoOp ...
>> More:
>> <
>> http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/statements-on-openofficeorg-contribution-to-apache-nasdaq-orcl-1521400.htm
>> >
>>
>> It will be interesting to see how this works out & how TDF will work
>> with ASF.
>>
>
> Fascinating, NoOp - wheels within wheels ! Thanks for posting this !...
>
> Henri
>

TDF's Statement:
<http://blog.documentfoundation.org/2011/06/01/statement-about-oracles-move-to-donate-openoffice-org-assets-to-the-apache-foundation/>


--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

mhenriday mhenriday
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Oracle contributes OOo Code to Apache Software Foundation's Incubator

2011/6/1 NoOp <[hidden email]>

> On 06/01/2011 09:23 AM, M Henri Day wrote:
> > 2011/6/1 NoOp ...
> >> More:
> >> <
> >>
> http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/statements-on-openofficeorg-contribution-to-apache-nasdaq-orcl-1521400.htm
> >> >
> >>
> >> It will be interesting to see how this works out & how TDF will work
> >> with ASF.
> >>
> >
> > Fascinating, NoOp - wheels within wheels ! Thanks for posting this !...
> >
> > Henri
> >
>
> TDF's Statement:
> <
> http://blog.documentfoundation.org/2011/06/01/statement-about-oracles-move-to-donate-openoffice-org-assets-to-the-apache-foundation/
> >
>

Bravo, TDF - this is precisely the attitude we need !...

Henri

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Alex Thurgood Alex Thurgood
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Oracle contributes OOo Code to Apache Software Foundation's Incubator

In reply to this post by NoOp
Le 01/06/11 18:14, NoOp a écrit :

> It will be interesting to see how this works out & how TDF will work
> with ASF.
>
>


You gotta love corporations :-)) Just 5 months ago, ASF ditched the JCP
and told Oracle to "go forth and multiply", and now here it is taking on
the OOo project - better than any political intrigue ever !!


Alex


--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Robert Holtzman Robert Holtzman
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Oracle contributes OOo Code to Apache Software Foundation's Incubator

In reply to this post by NoOp
On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 09:51:09AM -0700, NoOp wrote:

> On 06/01/2011 09:23 AM, M Henri Day wrote:
> > 2011/6/1 NoOp ...
> >> More:
> >> <
> >> http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/statements-on-openofficeorg-contribution-to-apache-nasdaq-orcl-1521400.htm
> >> >
> >>
> >> It will be interesting to see how this works out & how TDF will work
> >> with ASF.
> >>
> >
> > Fascinating, NoOp - wheels within wheels ! Thanks for posting this !...
> >
> > Henri
> >
>
> TDF's Statement:
> <http://blog.documentfoundation.org/2011/06/01/statement-about-oracles-move-to-donate-openoffice-org-assets-to-the-apache-foundation/>

TDF's statement included :

"Today we welcome Oracle’s donation of code that has previously been
proprietary to the Apache Software Foundation, it is great to see key
user features released in a form that can be included into LibreOffice."

Since when is OOo proprietary?

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279
"If you think you're getting free lunch,
 check the price of the beer"

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
NoOp NoOp
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Oracle contributes OOo Code to Apache Software Foundation's Incubator

On 06/01/2011 05:53 PM, Robert Holtzman wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 09:51:09AM -0700, NoOp wrote:
...

>> TDF's Statement:
>> <http://blog.documentfoundation.org/2011/06/01/statement-about-oracles-move-to-donate-openoffice-org-assets-to-the-apache-foundation/>
>
> TDF's statement included :
>
> "Today we welcome Oracle’s donation of code that has previously been
> proprietary to the Apache Software Foundation, it is great to see key
> user features released in a form that can be included into LibreOffice."
>
> Since when is OOo proprietary?
>

Rather interesting discussions going on over on the ASF Incubator list:
<http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.incubator.general/28435>


--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Simos Xenitellis Simos Xenitellis
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Oracle contributes OOo Code to Apache Software Foundation's Incubator

In reply to this post by Robert Holtzman
On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 3:53 AM, Robert Holtzman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 09:51:09AM -0700, NoOp wrote:
>> On 06/01/2011 09:23 AM, M Henri Day wrote:
>> > 2011/6/1 NoOp ...
>> >> More:
>> >> <
>> >> http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/statements-on-openofficeorg-contribution-to-apache-nasdaq-orcl-1521400.htm
>> >> >
>> >>
>> >> It will be interesting to see how this works out & how TDF will work
>> >> with ASF.
>> >>
>> >
>> > Fascinating, NoOp - wheels within wheels ! Thanks for posting this !...
>> >
>> > Henri
>> >
>>
>> TDF's Statement:
>> <http://blog.documentfoundation.org/2011/06/01/statement-about-oracles-move-to-donate-openoffice-org-assets-to-the-apache-foundation/>
>
> TDF's statement included :
>
> "Today we welcome Oracle’s donation of code that has previously been
> proprietary to the Apache Software Foundation, it is great to see key
> user features released in a form that can be included into LibreOffice."
>
> Since when is OOo proprietary?
>

There are probably some proprietary components that were added to the
StarOffice product,
and did not make it to OpenOffice.org.

I would have preferred the above statement to have two commas placed
in there, as in

"Today we welcome Oracle’s donation of code, that has previously been
proprietary, to the Apache Software Foundation. It is great to see key
user features released in a form that can be included into
LibreOffice."

Simos

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Gianluca Turconi-4 Gianluca Turconi-4
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Oracle contributes OOo Code to Apache Software Foundation's Incubator

In reply to this post by NoOp
2011/6/1 NoOp <[hidden email]>

> More:
> <
> http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/statements-on-openofficeorg-contribution-to-apache-nasdaq-orcl-1521400.htm
> >
>
> It will be interesting to see how this works out & how TDF will work
> with ASF.
>

And IBM  will *directly *contribute to the Apache "new" project!

See: http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/34638.wss

Regards,

Gianluca

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Pedro Pedro
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Oracle contributes OOo Code to Apache Software Foundation's Incubator

In reply to this post by NoOp
Another interesting article (especially the comments on the post and the answers by Rob Weir)

http://www.robweir.com/blog/2011/06/apache-openoffice.html
Michael Münch Michael Münch
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Oracle contributes OOo Code to Apache Software Foundation's Incubator

Am Donnerstag, den 02.06.2011, 03:14 -0700 schrieb plino:
> Another interesting article (especially the comments on the post and the
> answers by Rob Weir)
>
> http://www.robweir.com/blog/2011/06/apache-openoffice.html

The most interesting part is probably this (comment 19):

"The fact that there are no public reports of our private meeting and
private email conversations with TDF Steering Committee members means
absolutely nothing. You might ask your favorite TDF SC member who they
were talking to on April 28th at 9am EDT. Perhaps that will help refresh
their memory. And if you think that the general membership of TDF was
not made aware of this opportunity, then who is to blame: me, or your
own unelected, self-appointed Steering Committee ? If you think that you
should have been informed of this opportunity, and wish that your SC had
been more open to cooperating in this move, then I think you should
complain to them."

I do not think there should be more or any cooperation there.

But if there have been these talks and decisions not only without
informing the community or interested public but even without
participating the already approved document foundation members[1] I
would be pretty upset. Although it is obvious that making that public
would have lead to complicated discussions on the mailing lists and
probably some not so happy Oracle/IBM people, following these corporate
- behind closed door and intransparent - decision making is not
something a community should strive for, even if the alternatives are
harder.

Regards,
Michael


[1] I am not, so I am not sure if they were informed.


--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Jean-Baptiste_Faure Jean-Baptiste_Faure
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Oracle contributes OOo Code to Apache Software Foundation's Incubator

Le 02/06/2011 13:13, Michael Münch a écrit :

> Am Donnerstag, den 02.06.2011, 03:14 -0700 schrieb plino:
>> Another interesting article (especially the comments on the post and the
>> answers by Rob Weir)
>>
>> http://www.robweir.com/blog/2011/06/apache-openoffice.html
>
> The most interesting part is probably this (comment 19):
>
> "The fact that there are no public reports of our private meeting and
> private email conversations with TDF Steering Committee members means
> absolutely nothing.
> [...]

It seems to me that TDF did not had to make a decision. The need of a
decision was on the Oracle side since their announce on the 2011-04-14.

It is very naive (or maybe bad faith) to believe that negotiations can
be made in public as suggested by Rob Weir, when some partners of the
discussion do not want a public discussion. If Oracle and IBM had
intended that the discussions are public, I am sure they would have
informed the community about this.

Best regards
JBF
--
Seuls des formats ouverts peuvent assurer la pérennité de vos documents.

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Seuls des formats ouverts peuvent assurer la pérennité de vos documents.
NoOp NoOp
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Oracle contributes OOo Code to Apache Software Foundation's Incubator

In reply to this post by Pedro
On 06/02/2011 03:14 AM, plino wrote:
> Another interesting article (especially the comments on the post and the
> answers by Rob Weir)
>
> http://www.robweir.com/blog/2011/06/apache-openoffice.html
...
Marbux speaks out:
<http://www.itworld.com/marbux>
(Paul E. (Marbux) Merrell, J.D. )
commenting on:
<http://www.itworld.com/software/170521/big-winner-apache-openofficeorg>



--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Oracle contributes OOo Code to Apache Software Foundation's Incubator

In reply to this post by Gianluca Turconi-4
Gianluca Turconi wrote (02-06-11 09:48)

> And IBM  will *directly *contribute to the Apache "new" project!
>
> See: http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/34638.wss

All it says: " . As part of today's news, IBM will contribute staff
resources to collaborate with the Apache community during the project's
incubation period to further the Open Document Format standard.   "

Great joy ?

Cor

--
  - http://nl.libreoffice.org
  - giving openoffice.org its foundation :: The Document Foundation -


--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Gianluca Turconi-4 Gianluca Turconi-4
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Oracle contributes OOo Code to Apache Software Foundation's Incubator

2011/6/3 Cor Nouws <[hidden email]>

> Gianluca Turconi wrote (02-06-11 09:48)
>
>
>  And IBM  will *directly *contribute to the Apache "new" project!
>>
>> See: http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/34638.wss
>>
>
> All it says: " . As part of today's news, IBM will contribute staff
> resources to collaborate with the Apache community during the project's
> incubation period to further the Open Document Format standard.   "
>
> Great joy ?
>

Well, it's more than what IBM had previously stated, that was *nothing*. :-)

I'm not a fan of *two* communities and *two *foundations that work on a more
or less modified OOo code base.

However, having all Oracle OOo assets under the ownership (or other
transient agreement) of another open source foundation, it's better than let
a brand like "OpenOffice.org" die in Oracle copyright/brands portfolio.

Regards,

Gianluca
--
Lettura gratuita o acquisto di libri e racconti di fantascienza,
fantasy, horror, noir, narrativa fantastica e tradizionale:
http://www.letturefantastiche.com/

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Pedro Pedro
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Oracle contributes OOo Code to Apache Software Foundation's Incubator

As a user I wouldn't be happy IF the devs split up between two projects.

The way I see it is IBM and maybe some Oracle devs will work on OOo and everybody else will work on LO...

The good part (besides the Apache license which allows LO to use what little code will be openly contributed to OOo) is that IBM will continue to develop ODF, which badly needs it.

I find it a little absurd that the people behind a file format that has been under development for years haven't implemented font embedding... Of course, fonts are not important for serious business companies :)
Harold Fuchs Harold Fuchs
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Oracle contributes OOo Code to Apache Software Foundation'sIncubator


"plino" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> As a user I wouldn't be happy IF the devs split up between two projects.
>
> The way I see it is IBM and maybe some Oracle devs will work on OOo and
> everybody else will work on LO...
>
> The good part (besides the Apache license which allows LO to use what
> little
> code will be openly contributed to OOo) is that IBM will continue to
> develop
> ODF, which badly needs it.
>
> I find it a little absurd that the people behind a file format that has
> been
> under development for years haven't implemented font embedding... Of
> course,
> fonts are not important for serious business companies :)
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Oracle-contributes-OOo-Code-to-Apache-Software-Foundation-s-Incubator-tp3011527p3018856.html
> Sent from the Discuss mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>

The LO folk left the OOo group because OOo was, in their opinion, going to
be over-controlled (by Oracle). Now that this is no longer true, the LO folk
don't have a case and should return to the fold. So, why don't the LO folk
do a deal with Apache, combine the best bits of OOo with LO to get back to a
single "product" and form jointly with the Apache folk an "LO Foundation".
It seems completely crazy to have two sets of developers and two sets of
code. All that does is sow FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt) in the minds of
potential users.

Oh, and by the way, get rid of the asinine name "LibreOffice" which half the
world can't pronounce and which three quarters of the world doesn't
understand the meaning of.


--
Harold Fuchs
London, England



--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Xing Li Xing Li
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Oracle contributes OOo Code to Apache Software Foundation'sIncubator

Competition breads competence.

Let there be two groups, two paths, two products.

In fact, I hope that the groups co-exist but go on completely separate
management styles and feature direction.

The fact that it might potentially lead to two in-compatible
code-bases or at the very least, not a very clean future base for
cross-pollination doesn't affect my opinion.

OpenOffice is not the linux kernel.

Let there be fire, everywhere.


On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 5:30 PM, Harold Fuchs <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> "plino" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:[hidden email]...
>>
>> As a user I wouldn't be happy IF the devs split up between two projects.
>>
>> The way I see it is IBM and maybe some Oracle devs will work on OOo and
>> everybody else will work on LO...
>>
>> The good part (besides the Apache license which allows LO to use what
>> little
>> code will be openly contributed to OOo) is that IBM will continue to
>> develop
>> ODF, which badly needs it.
>>
>> I find it a little absurd that the people behind a file format that has
>> been
>> under development for years haven't implemented font embedding... Of
>> course,
>> fonts are not important for serious business companies :)
>>
>> --
>> View this message in context:
>> http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Oracle-contributes-OOo-Code-to-Apache-Software-Foundation-s-Incubator-tp3011527p3018856.html
>> Sent from the Discuss mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>
>
> The LO folk left the OOo group because OOo was, in their opinion, going to
> be over-controlled (by Oracle). Now that this is no longer true, the LO folk
> don't have a case and should return to the fold. So, why don't the LO folk
> do a deal with Apache, combine the best bits of OOo with LO to get back to a
> single "product" and form jointly with the Apache folk an "LO Foundation".
> It seems completely crazy to have two sets of developers and two sets of
> code. All that does is sow FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt) in the minds of
> potential users.
>
> Oh, and by the way, get rid of the asinine name "LibreOffice" which half the
> world can't pronounce and which three quarters of the world doesn't
> understand the meaning of.
>
>
> --
> Harold Fuchs
> London, England
>
>
> --
> Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
> Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
> All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> deleted
>
>

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Augustine Souza Augustine Souza
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Oracle contributes OOo Code to Apache Software Foundation'sIncubator

In reply to this post by Harold Fuchs
On 6/3/11, Harold Fuchs <[hidden email]> wrote:
...
> The LO folk left the OOo group because OOo was, in their opinion, going to
> be over-controlled (by Oracle). Now that this is no longer true, the LO folk
> don't have a case and should return to the fold. ...

Nonsense.

>
> Oh, and by the way, get rid of the asinine name "LibreOffice" which half the
> world can't pronounce and which three quarters of the world doesn't
> understand the meaning of.
>

More nonsense.

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Pieter E. Zanstra Pieter E. Zanstra
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Oracle contributes OOo Code to Apache SoftwareFoundation'sIncubator

In reply to this post by Xing Li
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Xing Li [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: Friday, June 03, 2011 11:48 AM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [tdf-discuss] Re: Oracle contributes OOo Code to
> Apache SoftwareFoundation'sIncubator
>
> Competition breads competence.
>
> Let there be two groups, two paths, two products.

And lets continue to discuss and exchange silly arguments for so trivial bugs like this https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=31005 never get fixed :(

Disclaimer: This comment by no means is intended to discredit the LibreOffice developers. On the contrary, I think they have done a tremendous job in the past half year taking responsability for the continuation of the OO work and publish new releases. My major concern is that the community has sufficient critical mass in terms of serious developers to let a good open office product survive. That imho needs good working relationships with ASF.



--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Next » 12