OwnCloud offering

Uwe Altmann Uwe Altmann

OwnCloud offering

Hi
Just got a mail from OwnCloud offering owncloud.online as "ownCloud as a Service" - advertising "integrated OnlyOffice for easy and secure real-time collaboration on documents, spreadsheets and presentations"

Is someone there to talk to them using LOO instad?
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Uwe Altmann

Paolo Vecchi Paolo Vecchi

RE: OwnCloud offering

RE: [board-discuss] OwnCloud offering

I'm in contact with them and I was about to ask the same question but while looking for a LibreOffice Online vanilla package and a connector ready to be used I haven't found any.

Do you know if there is already something available somewhere?

At present it seems like the only package and connector available in OwnCloud is the one made by Collabora.

Ciao

Paolo

Michael Meeks-5 Michael Meeks-5

Re: OwnCloud offering

Hi Uwe,

On 19/03/2020 10:23, Uwe Altmann wrote:
> Just got a mail from OwnCloud offering owncloud.online as "ownCloud as a> Service" - advertising "integrated OnlyOffice for easy and secure
> real-time collaboration on documents, spreadsheets and presentations"
>
> Is someone there to talk to them using LOO instad?
        Of course Collabora talk to ownCloud regularly, in person & elsewhere;
though our bizdev resources are heavily constrained. I suspect this
partly a technical / marketing choice rather than a lack of communication.

        If you want end-to-end encryption, Online cannot do that (though using
LibreOffice locally can do that). If you want Secure View then
OnlyOffice cannot do that but Online can, so - I guess this is partly a
marketing decision.

        ATB,

                Michael.

--
[hidden email] <><, GM Collabora Productivity
Hangout: [hidden email], Skype: mmeeks