PDF Editing with Libre

charles meyer charles meyer

PDF Editing with Libre

Hi Cley,

I hope you were able to enjoy your weekend.

I saved your helpful post and wondered if its Libre Draw which opens a pdf
and if so if there’s an easy way to delete graphical characters appearing
as words in that PDF?

Ex. The title of something appears in a pdf followed by the date and Web
site.

How could I leave the title but delete the date and Web site and then save
or export that whole document as a pdf?

I don’t have a budget for a pdf editor.

Thanks so much.

Charles.

From: Cley Faye <[hidden email]>

Date: Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] PDF Extnension for Libre Office/Writer or

Open Office

Cc: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

A recent installation of LibreOffice is able to open almost any PDF through

the Draw module. From there, it is possible to redo the placement and

extract part of the file.

Note that it won't open in Writer (or other modules), and that opening a

PDF for editing is not a pixel-perfect process; there can be some issues

with the import (but if all you want is get a picture it's alright).

Cley Faye

http://cleyfaye.net

federico quadri federico quadri

Re: PDF Editing with Libre

The part of the pdf recognized by Draw as a text, can be edited directly.
The parts not recognized are treated as images, and can be deleted i.e drawing a white rectangle on them.
Afterwards, the text function of Draw let you add all what you want to write.
At the end, select the "export a pdf" function of Draw to have a final new pdf.

Federico Quadri

steveedmonds steveedmonds

Re: PDF Editing with Libre

If you are new to using Draw to edit PDFs, when you open the PDF many
things are initially grouped together.
You need to right click and ungroup until you can select the particular
item you wish to edit or delete.

For more complicated PDFs Inkscape is also an option but requires
splitting multi-page PDFs to edit and rejoining the pages.
steve