[POLL] own forums

Next » 12
Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

[POLL] own forums

Hello,

sadly, I didn't manage yet to read all messages, but I will and will
reply to. But I think (correct me if I'm wrong) we have reached a stage
where we should maybe have a quick poll on whether to go with our own
forums or not. If yes, we then can later on decide which software to
use, branding details etc. Right now, I'd just like to have clarified
whether we go with own forums in general.

So, a quick +1/-1 in this thread would be nice to get an overview over
people's opinion. ;-)

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
Board of Directors at The Document Foundation

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz

Re: [POLL] own forums

+1
Charles
Le 10 nov. 2011 11:59, "Florian Effenberger" <[hidden email]>
a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> sadly, I didn't manage yet to read all messages, but I will and will reply
> to. But I think (correct me if I'm wrong) we have reached a stage where we
> should maybe have a quick poll on whether to go with our own forums or not.
> If yes, we then can later on decide which software to use, branding details
> etc. Right now, I'd just like to have clarified whether we go with own
> forums in general.
>
> So, a quick +1/-1 in this thread would be nice to get an overview over
> people's opinion. ;-)
>
> Florian
>
> --
> Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]**>
> Board of Directors at The Document Foundation
> Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108
> Skype: floeff | Twitter/Identi.ca: @floeff

Kürti László Kürti László

Re: [POLL] own forums

+1 for own forums

Laszlo

Eliane Domingos de Sousa Eliane Domingos de Sousa

Re: [POLL] own forums

Good morning!

Florian, all,

+1

Eliane

2011/11/10 Charles-H. Schulz <[hidden email]>

> +1
> Charles
> Le 10 nov. 2011 11:59, "Florian Effenberger" <
> [hidden email]>
> a écrit :
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > sadly, I didn't manage yet to read all messages, but I will and will
> reply
> > to. But I think (correct me if I'm wrong) we have reached a stage where
> we
> > should maybe have a quick poll on whether to go with our own forums or
> not.
> > If yes, we then can later on decide which software to use, branding
> details
> > etc. Right now, I'd just like to have clarified whether we go with own
> > forums in general.
> >
> > So, a quick +1/-1 in this thread would be nice to get an overview over
> > people's opinion. ;-)
> >
> > Florian
> >
> > --
> > Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]**>
> > Board of Directors at The Document Foundation
> > Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108
> > Skype: floeff | Twitter/Identi.ca: @floeff
> >
> > --
> documentfoundation.org/www/**discuss/<
> http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/>
> > deleted

Takeshi Abe Takeshi Abe

Re: [POLL] own forums

Hi Florian, all,

On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 11:56:58 +0100, Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> sadly, I didn't manage yet to read all messages, but I will and will reply
> to. But I think (correct me if I'm wrong) we have reached a stage where we
> should maybe have a quick poll on whether to go with our own forums or not. If
> yes, we then can later on decide which software to use, branding details
> etc. Right now, I'd just like to have clarified whether we go with own forums in
> general.
>
> So, a quick +1/-1 in this thread would be nice to get an overview over people's
> opinion. ;-)
+1
Users can see a forum as a kind of knowledge base, and they would feel
unconfortable if unofficial ones could serve in some period but end up being
lost at some point.

Cheers,
-- Takeshi Abe

> Florian
>
> --
> Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
> Board of Directors at The Document Foundation
> Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108
> Skype: floeff | Twitter/Identi.ca: @floeff

Olivier Hallot Olivier Hallot

Re: [POLL] own forums

Em 10-11-2011 08:56, Florian Effenberger escreveu:

> Hello,
>
> sadly, I didn't manage yet to read all messages, but I will and will
> reply to. But I think (correct me if I'm wrong) we have reached a
> stage where we should maybe have a quick poll on whether to go with
> our own forums or not. If yes, we then can later on decide which
> software to use, branding details etc. Right now, I'd just like to
> have clarified whether we go with own forums in general.
>
> So, a quick +1/-1 in this thread would be nice to get an overview over
> people's opinion. ;-)
>
> Florian

+1
with localized sub-forums, please...

--
Olivier Hallot
+55-21-8822-8812

Mas Walls Mas Walls

Re: [POLL] own forums

+1 for own forums . It is a great idea and I would volunteer to be a mod

Mas

Tony Pursell Tony Pursell

Re: [POLL] own forums

+1

On 10 November 2011 10:56, Florian Effenberger <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> sadly, I didn't manage yet to read all messages, but I will and will reply
> to. But I think (correct me if I'm wrong) we have reached a stage where we
> should maybe have a quick poll on whether to go with our own forums or not.
> If yes, we then can later on decide which software to use, branding details
> etc. Right now, I'd just like to have clarified whether we go with own
> forums in general.
>
> So, a quick +1/-1 in this thread would be nice to get an overview over
> people's opinion. ;-)
>
> Florian
>
> --
> Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]**>
> Board of Directors at The Document Foundation
> Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108
> Skype: floeff | Twitter/Identi.ca: @floeff

Jonathan Aquilina Jonathan Aquilina

Re: [POLL] own forums

On 11/10/11 12:09 PM, Kürti László wrote:

> +1 for own forums
>
> Laszlo

+1..... can i raise my other hand and add another plus one to this lol :D

Regards

Jonathan Aquilina

Get a signature like this.
<http://r1.wisestamp.com/r/landing?promo=19&dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wisestamp.com%2Femail-install%3Futm_source%3Dextension%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dpromo_19>
CLICK HERE.
<http://r1.wisestamp.com/r/landing?promo=19&dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wisestamp.com%2Femail-install%3Futm_source%3Dextension%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dpromo_19>

drewjensen drewjensen

Re: [POLL] own forums

On Thu, 2011-11-10 at 11:56 +0100, Florian Effenberger wrote:
<snip>
> So, a quick +1/-1 in this thread would be nice to get an overview over
> people's opinion. ;-)

+1

Document Foundation Mail Archives
klaus-jürgen weghorn ol klaus-jürgen weghorn ol

Re: [POLL] own forums

Hi Jonathan,
Am 10.11.2011 13:20, schrieb Jonathan Aquilina:

>> So, a quick +1/-1 in this thread would be nice to get an overview over
>> people's opinion. ;-)
>>
>> Florian
>>
> +1..... can i raise my other hand and add another plus one to this lol :D

Who raises both hands can't do the work.

(of course: OFF TOPIC, sorry for this)

--
Grüße
k-j

italovignoli italovignoli

Re: [POLL] own forums

On 11/10/11 11:56 AM, Florian Effenberger wrote:

> sadly, I didn't manage yet to read all messages, but I will and will
> reply to. But I think (correct me if I'm wrong) we have reached a stage
> where we should maybe have a quick poll on whether to go with our own
> forums or not. If yes, we then can later on decide which software to
> use, branding details etc. Right now, I'd just like to have clarified
> whether we go with own forums in general.

+1

--
Italo Vignoli
[hidden email]
mobile +39.348.5653829
VoIP +39.02.320621813
skype italovignoli

Italo Vignoli
Director - The Document Foundation
adept adept

Re: [POLL] own forums

+1

(reasons:

1. Clarity -- rather than confusing users with info about OOo that may
not apply to LO)
2. Risk management -- LO foundation control over the forums' management,
backups, servers, persistence/availability

Benjamin Horst Benjamin Horst

Re: [POLL] own forums

+1

Ben

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 10, 2011, at 8:17 AM, adept techlists - kazar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> (reasons:
>
> 1. Clarity -- rather than confusing users with info about OOo that may not apply to LO)
> 2. Risk management -- LO foundation control over the forums' management, backups, servers, persistence/availability

Simos Xenitellis Simos Xenitellis

Re: [POLL] own forums

+1 for forums.

Simos

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Benjamin Horst <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> Ben
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Nov 10, 2011, at 8:17 AM, adept techlists - kazar <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > +1
> >
> > (reasons:
> >
> > 1. Clarity -- rather than confusing users with info about OOo that may
> not apply to LO)
> > 2. Risk management -- LO foundation control over the forums' management,
> backups, servers, persistence/availability
> >
> > --

Q. Why is top posting bad?

Vitorio Furusho Vitorio Furusho

Re: [POLL] own forums

+ 1

*Furusho, Vitorio*
Ativista de Software Livre, LibreOffice e ODF
ODF Alliance Award<http://www.odfalliance.org/blog/index.php/site/odf_alliance_awards/>
Free Software Furusho <http://softwarelivre.org/furusho>
LibreOffice <http://broffice.org/>
Membro da The Document Foundation <http://www.documentationfoundation.org/>

2011/11/10 Benjamin Horst <[hidden email]>

> +1
>
> Ben
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Nov 10, 2011, at 8:17 AM, adept techlists - kazar <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > +1
> >
> > (reasons:
> >
> > 1. Clarity -- rather than confusing users with info about OOo that may
> not apply to LO)
> > 2. Risk management -- LO foundation control over the forums' management,
> backups, servers, persistence/availability

Stefan Weigel Stefan Weigel

Re: [POLL] own forums

+1 own forum

preferably with a search function, that (optionally) includes
searching over all other known forums and ML archives related to
LibreOffice and/or OpenOffice.org.

Stefan

camargo camargo

Re: [POLL] own forums

+1

Florian Effenberger skrev 2011-11-10 11:56:

> Hello,
>
> sadly, I didn't manage yet to read all messages, but I will and will
> reply to. But I think (correct me if I'm wrong) we have reached a
> stage where we should maybe have a quick poll on whether to go with
> our own forums or not. If yes, we then can later on decide which
> software to use, branding details etc. Right now, I'd just like to
> have clarified whether we go with own forums in general.
>
> So, a quick +1/-1 in this thread would be nice to get an overview over
> people's opinion. ;-)
>
> Florian

Irmhild Rogalla Irmhild Rogalla

Re: [POLL] own forums

Am 10.11.2011 11:56, schrieb Florian Effenberger:
> Hello,
>
> Right now, I'd just like to have clarified
> whether we go with own forums in general.
>
> So, a quick +1/-1 in this thread would be nice to get an overview over
> people's opinion. ;-)

+1

Leif Lodahl Leif Lodahl

Re: [POLL] own forums

+2

For own forum with localizable sub forums.

Cheers,
Leif Lodahl