PaletteMaker v.1.0 is out

Jean-Francois Nifenecker Jean-Francois Nifenecker

PaletteMaker v.1.0 is out

(Initially sent using the wrong sender address... ooops.)

Hello,

(I'm posting this message here, not sure this is the most appropriate
place; let me know)

just a few words to inform you that PaletteMaker v1.0, which is a
LibreOffice palettes creation and update tool has just been released, in
FR and EN versions.

PaletteMaker (PM in short) is a LibreOffice Calc document with macros
that helps users managing LibreOffice (LibO) color palettes.

Since LibO version 5.3, the LibO project have dropped the ability to
easily create personal color palettes right from the UI.
PaletteMaker aims at filling the gap.

With PM you can:
-- create personal color palettes (.soc files), optionally saving a
palette to the LibO user's profile.
-- edit existing palettes.
-- take a snapshot of your palettes and document them, which is useful
to document your designs.

For ease of use, PM can call a color picker, calculates the RGB, CMY and
CMYK values for a given color.
The colors may be reordered for a better organization. You also may add
comments to the palette itself or to any of the colors it contains
(the maximum preset color number is 1150 per palette but with little
effort you may change that to any other number).

PM has been designed to ease its translation to other languages.

PaletteMaker can be donwloaded from my friend Ysabeau's web site, here:
-- EN version
https://numericoach.net/PaletteMaker-a-macro-that-makes
-- FR version
http://www.numericoach.net/PaletteMaker-une-macro-qui-genere-des-palettes

Of course, any remark, criticism or suggestion is welcome.

Best,
--
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux

V Stuart Foote V Stuart Foote

Re: PaletteMaker v.1.0 is out

Jean-Francois Nifenecker wrote

> PaletteMaker can be donwloaded from my friend Ysabeau's web site, here:
> -- EN version
> https://numericoach.net/PaletteMaker-a-macro-that-makes
> -- FR version
> http://www.numericoach.net/PaletteMaker-une-macro-qui-genere-des-palettes
>

> Of course, any remark, criticism or suggestion is welcome.

Jean-Francois,

Very nice!  When ready would hope you will post the project Templates site:

https://extensions.libreoffice.org/templates

Two comments on its current state if I may:

1.) Rather than (or in addition to) the CMY value column, would suggest
provide an HSB (Hue-Saturation-Brightness) to match the rgb2hsv values
(https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/basegfx/source/color/bcolortools.cxx?r=7ceee0f1#103)
used in the 'Pick a color' dialog now.

2.) possibly add a chart to show the working palette as it would be laid out
in our 12 column by X rows when used in the colorpicker palette GUI.

Stuart

Jean-Francois Nifenecker Jean-Francois Nifenecker

Re: PaletteMaker v.1.0 is out

Hello Stuart,

Le 17/07/2019 à 16:41, V Stuart Foote a écrit :

> Very nice!  When ready would hope you will post the project Templates site:
>
> https://extensions.libreoffice.org/templates

ok, note taken. Ysabeau had suggested posting there but I didn't
consider this to be a real "template". I'll do, finally.

> Two comments on its current state if I may:
>
> 1.) Rather than (or in addition to) the CMY value column, would suggest
> provide an HSB (Hue-Saturation-Brightness) to match the rgb2hsv values
> (https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/basegfx/source/color/bcolortools.cxx?r=7ceee0f1#103)
> used in the 'Pick a color' dialog now.

in fact, this is under development already ;)

> 2.) possibly add a chart to show the working palette as it would be laid out
> in our 12 column by X rows when used in the colorpicker palette GUI.

good idea. I'll check what I can do.

Thanks for your kind words and ideas.
--
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux