[Patch] Remove OOoImprovement

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
August Sodora August Sodora
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Patch] Remove OOoImprovement

Hello,

I realized there were still a few things left over from the testtool
removal so I created the attached patch. There seem to be some
logging-related things left in comphelper and officecfg that are used
all over the place but I'm not 100% sure about them yet. Would
somebody mind reviewing/pushing this? I was forced to upgrade and am
still waiting for my gpg key to be changed.

August Sodora
[hidden email]
(201) 280-8138

_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice

0001-Remove-OOoImprovement.patch (12K) Download Attachment
Christoph Noack Christoph Noack
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Patch] Remove OOoImprovement

Hi all,

I'm not fully sure whether you refer to the OpenOffice.org improvement
program. If yes, then this issue had been discussed some months ago. I
also had some discussions with others (e.g. with Michael at the
LibOConf) how to get that back working.

Here is one of the mails:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2011-January/006178.html

Cheers,
Christoph

PS: I'm currently 99,9% offline due to personal stuff, so (if anybody
cares) sorry for not replying (also) on the other lists :-\

Am Freitag, den 16.12.2011, 00:20 -0500 schrieb August Sodora:

> Hello,
>
> I realized there were still a few things left over from the testtool
> removal so I created the attached patch. There seem to be some
> logging-related things left in comphelper and officecfg that are used
> all over the place but I'm not 100% sure about them yet. Would
> somebody mind reviewing/pushing this? I was forced to upgrade and am
> still waiting for my gpg key to be changed.
>
> August Sodora
> [hidden email]
> (201) 280-8138
> _______________________________________________
> LibreOffice mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice


_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Michael Meeks-2 Michael Meeks-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Patch] Remove OOoImprovement

In reply to this post by August Sodora

On Fri, 2011-12-16 at 00:20 -0500, August Sodora wrote:
> somebody mind reviewing/pushing this? I was forced to upgrade and am
> still waiting for my gpg key to be changed.

        Oh ! you filed a sysadmin bug vs. freedesktop for that ? if so you want
to poke me privately with the bug # to expidite it ;-)

        Thanks,

                Michael.

--
[hidden email]  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot

_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Michael Meeks-2 Michael Meeks-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Patch] Remove OOoImprovement

In reply to this post by Christoph Noack

On Fri, 2011-12-16 at 12:22 +0100, Christoph Noack wrote:
> I'm not fully sure whether you refer to the OpenOffice.org improvement
> program. If yes, then this issue had been discussed some months ago. I
> also had some discussions with others (e.g. with Michael at the
> LibOConf) how to get that back working.

        Yep - it's a nice feature to keep, for sure - if we have the
infrastructure to back it up. Then again - we can resurrect and port the
client code (I suspect) as/when/if we have someone to admin the server
side if it is too much of a pain to maintain now.

        Thanks for catching this.

        ATB,

                Michael.

--
[hidden email]  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot

_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Stefan Knorr (Astron) Stefan Knorr (Astron)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Patch] Remove OOoImprovement

Hi everyone,

>        Yep - it's a nice feature to keep, for sure - if we have the
> infrastructure to back it up. Then again - we can resurrect and port the
> client code (I suspect) as/when/if we have someone to admin the server
> side if it is too much of a pain to maintain now.

Here's an idea: building the server side for this should be a
medium-size task that is also separate from most of LibO and requires
lots of new code, so wouldn't this be ideal as a GSoC task?

Astron.


By the way: is the gbuild conversion project removing some of the
basis for this feature or did I misunderstand that?
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Michael Meeks-2 Michael Meeks-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Patch] Remove OOoImprovement


On Sun, 2011-12-18 at 20:40 +0100, Stefan Knorr (Astron) wrote:
> Here's an idea: building the server side for this should be a
> medium-size task that is also separate from most of LibO and requires
> lots of new code, so wouldn't this be ideal as a GSoC task?

        Sounds like a good idea to me; I'd be happy to mentor it with someone
else.

> By the way: is the gbuild conversion project removing some of the
> basis for this feature or did I misunderstand that?

        That's rather orthogonal - it's 'just' substantially improving how we
build the code :-)

        ATB,

                Michael.

--
[hidden email]  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot

_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
sberg sberg
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Patch] Remove OOoImprovement

In reply to this post by Stefan Knorr (Astron)
On 12/18/2011 08:40 PM, Stefan Knorr (Astron) wrote:
> By the way: is the gbuild conversion project removing some of the
> basis for this feature or did I misunderstand that?

It is getting rid of testtool that removes a feature introduced by
testtool and reused by oooimprovement.  The removal of that feature
renders oooimprovement non-functional, so it was decided to remove
oooimprovement along with testtool.

Stephan
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice