Planning the Month of LibreOffice, November 2019

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

Planning the Month of LibreOffice, November 2019

Hello everyone,

Six months go by so quickly! In May, we had the most popular Month of
LibreOffice yet, with 355 sticker winners:

https://blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2019/06/05/month-of-libreoffice-may-2019-the-winners/

For the first time, we also gave away 12 glass LibreOffice mugs to
randomly-selected winners. This was really popular, with loads of people
on social media asking how to get them :-) So I'm going to repeat it
this time.

Also, in recent Months of LibreOffice I've focused on attracting
newcomers to the project. For instance, in the "How to take part"
section of May's announcement, I put simpler/quicker tasks first (such
as helping out on Ask LibreOffice):

https://blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2019/05/01/starting-today-the-month-of-libreoffice-may-2019-get-cool-merchandise/#howtoget

I'll do some more brainstorming for ideas before the November 2019
campaign starts, but if anyone else has any ideas/feedback, I'd be happy
to hear it :-) Cheers!

--
Mike Saunders, Marketing & PR
The Document Foundation

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

Re: Planning the Month of LibreOffice, November 2019

Also, for the campaign it's good to have a banner that we can use on
social media, that has a unique identity. Here's a quick mock-up:

https://i.imgur.com/tqG1ylG.jpg

The "meet new people" is there to (ideally!) attract newcomers to the
project. Yes, most things in the project happen online, but we can say
that joining a FOSS project is a great way to make contacts and
sometimes meet people face-to-face at events.

Of course, I'm not a graphic designer, so if anyone else has other
banner ideas, that'd be great :-)

Mike

drodriguez drodriguez

Re: Planning the Month of LibreOffice, November 2019

An slightly reworked version

https://imgur.com/a/fdBxn1h

On 18/10/2019 16:16, Daniel A. Rodriguez wrote:

> An slightly reworked version
>
> https://imgur.com/a/fdBxn1h

Thanks Daniel -- that's better than mine! Let's plan to use this one,
unless there are any other proposals before November 1...

Mike