Please add the Pootle strings for Greek to Silverstripe (New website design)

Simos Xenitellis Simos Xenitellis

Please add the Pootle strings for Greek to Silverstripe (New website design)

Hi Cloph,

I am following the instructions at
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/NewWebsiteNLT#Have_your_site_alive

Specifically,
"Once you're done with translation and proofreading either on the
stage Silverstripe and Pootle:
  * kindly ask on the list for Cloph to add the Pootle strings in Silverstripe"

Could you please add the Pootle strings for Greek to the Silverstripe CMS?

Cheers,
Simos

Simos Xenitellis Simos Xenitellis

Re: Please add the Pootle strings for Greek to Silverstripe (New website design)

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 3:31 PM, Christian Lohmaier
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 4:04 PM, Simos Xenitellis
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I am following the instructions at
>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/NewWebsiteNLT#Have_your_site_alive
>>
>> Specifically,
>> "Once you're done with translation and proofreading either on the
>> stage Silverstripe and Pootle:
>>   * kindly ask on the list for Cloph to add the Pootle strings in Silverstripe"
>>
>> Could you please add the Pootle strings for Greek to the Silverstripe CMS?
>
> Did so, although there were no significant changes to the strings.
>
> Note that the majority of work is not in pootle - that basically only
> takes care of the download pages and some other staff that otherwise
> would result in unnecessary updates for nl-sites.

Thanks Christan!

I expected the full translation on Pootle for the newdesign website would show
some messages in Greek. However, I logged on https://www.libreoffice.org/admin/
then selected "Greek NL Project" from the drop-down menu and could not find
any string at all in Greek in the pages.

> To create a localized website, you actually have to translate/create
> pages in the silverstripe CMS backend. Right now it is still only
> showing the English template as it was initially created when setting
> up the newdesign site.
>
> Feel free to delete all pages you don't want to translate/maintain/are
> irrelevant for Greek visitors. No need to copy the structure/layout of
> the English site.

It is quite an effort to translate by myself. I'll ask for help.

Cheers,
Simos