Please enable static strings from Pootle

Next » 123
Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Please enable static strings from Pootle

Hi,

I've translated all pages which are translatable. Please enable the
static strings from Pootle for Upper Sorbian (hsb) and Lower Sorbian
(dsb) that I can check if everything is OK.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Hi,

I'd like to repeat my request: Please activate static strings from
Pootle for dsb.libreoffice.org and hsb.libreoffice.org.

Thanks and regards,

Michael

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Michael Wolf wrote:
> I'd like to repeat my request: Please activate static strings from
> Pootle for dsb.libreoffice.org and hsb.libreoffice.org.

Cloph, can you have a look? ;-)

Thanks a lot,
Florian

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Florian Effenberger schrieb:

> Cloph, can you have a look? ;-)

Hi Florian,

thank you for your support. :-)

Michael

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Hi Michael,
On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 9:50 PM Michael Wolf <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to repeat my request: Please activate static strings from
> Pootle for dsb.libreoffice.org and hsb.libreoffice.org.

Ah, this is a little trickier than first thought - zend framework that
is used by silverstripe doesn't know about hsb/dsb, thus the langauge
files aren't picked up...

but working on it...

ciao
Christian

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Christian Lohmaier schrieb:

Hi Christian,

> Ah, this is a little trickier than first thought - zend framework that
> is used by silverstripe doesn't know about hsb/dsb, thus the langauge
> files aren't picked up...
>
> but working on it...

Thank you for your reply, I hope Zend Framework will be willing ... :-)

Michael Wolf wrote:
>> Ah, this is a little trickier than first thought - zend framework that
>> is used by silverstripe doesn't know about hsb/dsb, thus the langauge
>> files aren't picked up...
>>
>> but working on it...
>>

> Thank you for your reply, I hope Zend Framework will be willing ... :-)

sorry for the delay on this one - Cloph is on vacation this week, but
will have a look when he's back!

Florian

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Florian Effenberger schrieb:

> sorry for the delay on this one - Cloph is on vacation this week, but
> will have a look when he's back!

Hi Florian,

Thank you for your information. I'm very impatient now because I had to
wait already more than two weeks up to now. And next week it will be
more than three weeks then.

Michael Wolf wrote:

> Thank you for your information. I'm very impatient now because I had to
> wait already more than two weeks up to now. And next week it will be
> more than three weeks then.

apologies for that. However, IIRC we've hit an unexpected issue that
needs fixing, which delayed things. I'm sure Cloph will have a look when
he's back!

Florian

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Hi Michael, *,

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 12:27 PM Michael Wolf <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you for your information. I'm very impatient now because I had to
> wait already more than two weeks up to now. And next week it will be
> more than three weeks then.

Sorry for the delay, but end of vacation this time did unfortunately
clash with some infra issues..
But I finally managed to add hsb and dsb to the Zend framework, so the
translations are now picked up.

ciao
Christian

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Christian Lohmaier schrieb:

> Sorry for the delay, but end of vacation this time did unfortunately
> clash with some infra issues..
> But I finally managed to add hsb and dsb to the Zend framework, so the
> translations are now picked up.

Hi Christian,

I chcecked the translations on hsb.libreoffice.org and
dsb.libreoffice.org and there are still (partially) untranslated pages:

https://hsb.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-stable/
https://hsb.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/

The English strings here have been already translated on Pootle.

Besides:

https://hsb.libreoffice.org/donate/

It seems that these pages are not completely translated because the
original English pages are new.

The same is true for the Lower Sorbian pages.

Regards,

Michael

Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Hi,

V V sre., 3. apr. 2019 ob 21:01 je oseba Michael Wolf <[hidden email]>
napisala:

> Christian Lohmaier schrieb:
> >
> > Sorry for the delay, but end of vacation this time did unfortunately
> > clash with some infra issues..
> > But I finally managed to add hsb and dsb to the Zend framework, so the
> > translations are now picked up.
> >

> Hi Christian,
>
> I chcecked the translations on hsb.libreoffice.org and
> dsb.libreoffice.org and there are still (partially) untranslated pages:
>

> https://hsb.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-stable/
> https://hsb.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/
>
> The English strings here have been already translated on Pootle.
>

> Besides:
>

> https://hsb.libreoffice.org/donate/
>

> It seems that these pages are not completely translated because the
> original English pages are new.
>
> The same is true for the Lower Sorbian pages.

This is true for Slovenian for months, years now,..

I have translated the new strings in Pootle, but the download and donate
pages cannot be changed to new download/donate pages for our languages.

Lp, m.

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Martin Srebotnjak schrieb:

> This is true for Slovenian for months, years now,..
>
> I have translated the new strings in Pootle, but the download and donate
> pages cannot be changed to new download/donate pages for our languages.

Hi Martin,

and why?

Regards,

Michael

Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

V V sre., 3. apr. 2019 ob 23:46 je oseba Michael Wolf <[hidden email]>
napisala:

> Martin Srebotnjak schrieb:
> >>
> > This is true for Slovenian for months, years now,..
> >
> > I have translated the new strings in Pootle, but the download and donate
> > pages cannot be changed to new download/donate pages for our languages.
> >

> Hi Martin,
>
> and why?

I do not know what the actual reason is.

The fact is that the site/Silverstripe has not been accordingly changed in
all this time although the translations are available from many languages
(now also from lužiško-srbski :) ).

Lp, m.

Martin Srebotnjak wrote:
> I do not know what the actual reason is.
>
> The fact is that the site/Silverstripe has not been accordingly changed in
> all this time although the translations are available from many languages
> (now also from lužiško-srbski:)  ).

sorry to hear about these issues - I thought they were solved a while
ago. If not, apologies, then we really should get that sorted out ASAP.

I talk to Cloph on the phone to learn about the status quo and get back
to you.

Florian

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Florian Effenberger schrieb:

> sorry to hear about these issues - I thought they were solved a while
> ago. If not, apologies, then we really should get that sorted out ASAP.
>
> I talk to Cloph on the phone to learn about the status quo and get back
> to you.

Hi Florian,

I'm a little bit angry because I've been waiting 4 weeks until my
request was fulfilled to migrate the Pootle strings to
hsb.libreoffice.org and dsb.libreoffice.org. The upshot was that most
strings were not migrated - obviously the strings from newdesign.po.

Partially translated content is not acceptable for a translator if he
has already translated everything.

Already some weeks ago I intended to announce the two website addresses
to Sorbian users. Until now I couldn't do it.

Is Cloph really the only one who can do that?

Regards,

Michael

On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 5:57 PM Michael Wolf <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Partially translated content is not acceptable for a translator if he
> has already translated everything.

I think I found the issue - the po2yaml script seems to ignore all
strings that are split to multiple lines, so while the strings are in
the templates, and are indeed translated in pootle, the final file
that is added to silverstripe doesn't contain it.

I'll fix that tomorrow.

ciao
Christian

Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Hi, Christian,
that is not the only issue.

In other language, at least in Slovenian, I still cannot create the new
download page nor the new donate page - only the old download & donate page
templates are available. So even when the strings for the new design pages
are present - the new design pages in other languages cannot be
created/added.

If I am doing something wrong or cannot see the needed choices - please
create the new download page and the new donate pages for Slovenian
(unpublished for the time being) so I can later check&publish them.

Lp, m.

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Christian Lohmaier schrieb:

> I think I found the issue - the po2yaml script seems to ignore all
> strings that are split to multiple lines, so while the strings are in
> the templates, and are indeed translated in pootle, the final file
> that is added to silverstripe doesn't contain it.
>
> I'll fix that tomorrow.

Hi Christian,

that is not the only issue. Yes, this affects the donate page, e.g. this
string:

English:
LibreOffice is Free Software and is made available free of charge.
community.<br/>If you like the software, please consider a donation.

Upper Sorbian:
LibreOffice je swobodna software a staja so zdarma k
dispoziciji.<br/>Waš dar, kotryž je dobrowólny, naše swětodaloke
zhromadźenstwo podpěruje.<br/>Jeli so wam softwara spodoba, rozwažće dar.

Behind the first <br/> tag only the word "Waš" is displayed, the rest of
the strings is not displayed.

But there is an issue with the Download pages LibreOffice Fresh and
LibreOffice Stable. Following strings are truncated on both pages:

English:
Selected: LibreOffice {version} for {os} - <a
href='{curr_page}#change'>change?</a>

Upper Sorbian:
Wubrane: LibreOffice {version} za {os} - <a
href='{curr_page}#change'>změnić?</a>

Here the Upper Sorbian string is truncated behind the hyphen.

English:
LibreOffice {version} is available for the following operating
systems/architectures:

Upper Sorbian:
LibreOffice {version} je za slědowace dźěłowe systemy/architektury k
dispoziciji:

English:
LibreOffice is available in the following <strong>released</strong>
versions:

Upper Sorbian:
LibreOffice je w slědowacych <strong>wozjewjenych</strong> wersijach k
dispoziciji:

English:
LibreOffice is available in the following <strong>prerelease</strong>
versions:

Upper Sorbian:
LibreOffice je w slědowacych <strong>předwersijach</strong> k dispoziciji:

With these three strings the Upper Sorbian strings are truncated behind
the word "k".

English:
Older versions of LibreOffice (may be unsupported!) are available <a
href='https://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/'>in
the archive</a>

Upper Sorbian:
Starše wersije LibreOffice (snano so njepodpěruja) su <a
href='https://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/'>w
archiwje</a> k dispoziciji

Here the Upper Sorbian string is truncated after the word "su".

Alle these Download strings do not contain the <br/> tag for a line
break but are truncated yet.

Thanks and kind regards,

Michael Wolf wrote:
> Alle these Download strings do not contain the <br/> tag for a line
> break but are truncated yet.

Cloph, any progress with that, did you identify the issue?

Thanks a lot,
Florian

Next » 123