Please enable static strings from Pootle

Next » 123 « Prev
Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Florian Effenberger schrieb:

> Cloph, any progress with that, did you identify the issue?

Yes, thank you Florian for your reminder.

Six weeks have been past now since I asked to migrate the Pootle strings
to the websites. The websites still do not work correctly.

Michael

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Hi,

Michael Wolf wrote:

> Yes, thank you Florian for your reminder.
>
> Six weeks have been past now since I asked to migrate the Pootle strings
> to the websites. The websites still do not work correctly.

this is really unfortunate, apologies for that. What seems missing is to
add some more strings to Pootle, Cloph will look into that tomorrow.

In general, this discussion reveals we clearly need to have more
shoulders to split this work on. Lots of things block on Cloph and a bus
factor of 1 is never ideal and leads to long waiting times - which is
also frustrating to the community, and the least thing I want is to
demotivate people.

I want to find a way to make the process easier, by either giving others
access to Pootle and share the knowledge, or finding a different way for
website localizations. It's indeed been a constant problem in the past,
and we need to clearly improve here.

Cloph, do you think we can publish a howto what steps are required, so
we can distribute the load here to more shoulders in the future? Do you
have other ideas?

Florian

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Cloph, is there any update? Did you manage to roll out the updates to
Pootle on Saturday?

Thanks,
Florian

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Hi *,

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 9:52 AM Florian Effenberger
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Cloph, is there any update? Did you manage to roll out the updates to
> Pootle on Saturday?

The remaining cut-off strings had been fixed (another error in the
po2yaml script that converts from pootle's po to the yaml files with
multiline strings) - but I forgot to flush the cache, so some of the
old truncated strings still were served.

Also today I added the few changed/added strings that were not
translatable so far on the donate-page to pootle.

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Christian Lohmaier schrieb:

> The remaining cut-off strings had been fixed (another error in the
> po2yaml script that converts from pootle's po to the yaml files with
> multiline strings) - but I forgot to flush the cache, so some of the
> old truncated strings still were served.
>
> Also today I added the few changed/added strings that were not
> translatable so far on the donate-page to pootle.

Hi Christian,

thank you for your reply.

The problem with the truncated strings on the Download page is fixed now.

For a final opinion about the Donate page, I've to see first how this
page will look with the new "livery". There are some strings which are
both on Silverstripe and on Pootle. It seems that the string "Donate via
Stripe" under the Captcha box and the Captcha box itself won't be used
anymore.

The new strings on Pootle are already translated both into hsb and dsb.

Thanks and kind regards,

Michael

@Florian: Thank you for your help.

Michael

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

still a question: There is a long text to the right of the new Donate
page (see www.libreoffice.org/donate or, in German,
de.libreoffice.org/donate).

I couldn't find this text to translate it.

Thanks,

Michael

Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Hi, Christian,

I think there are still two strings not translatable on Pootle from the
Donate page:
"Donate via Stripe" (a button near the localizable button "Donate via
PayPal" under the reCaptcha).
"Amount:" (the string before text field for entering the amount of
bitcoins/b.cash)

I also have the following question (I raised it over a year ago, but alas):
why cannot the new donate page and the new combined (stable and fresh)
download page be used/turned on in the localized sites (I can only have the
old separate stable and fresh download pages on the Slovenian site, and I
can only have the old donate page on sl page).

I don't mind the old donate page, but the combined download page is much
more user-friendly.

Here is the example:
English combined download page:
https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/
Slovenian separate stable and fresh pages (does a newcomer to the LO
project even know which one to select from the menu?):
https://sl.libreoffice.org/prenosi/najnovejsi-libreoffice/ (fresh)
https://sl.libreoffice.org/prenosi/stabilni-libreoffice/

Hopefully you can make these two newer versions of these pages also
localizable in Pootle and available on localized sites.

Thanks,
Martin

V V tor., 16. apr. 2019 ob 13:10 je oseba Christian Lohmaier <

Michael Wolf wrote:

> still a question: There is a long text to the right of the new Donate
> page (see www.libreoffice.org/donate or, in German,
> de.libreoffice.org/donate).
>
> I couldn't find this text to translate it.

you mean "We're a volunteer-driven..." and "You support is vital..."?
Indeed, this should be translatable. Cloph, can you take care of it?

Martin Srebotnjak wrote:

> I think there are still two strings not translatable on Pootle from the
> Donate page:
> "Donate via Stripe" (a button near the localizable button "Donate via
> PayPal" under the reCaptcha).
> "Amount:" (the string before text field for entering the amount of
> bitcoins/b.cash)

Agreed. I'm not sure if they can be in Pootle (but I guess so), but I
remember that Mike or Cloph were asking for the localized strings to
embed in the files. Cloph, can you let us know what the correct process is?

> I also have the following question (I raised it over a year ago, but alas):
> why cannot the new donate page and the new combined (stable and fresh)
> download page be used/turned on in the localized sites (I can only have the
> old separate stable and fresh download pages on the Slovenian site, and I
> can only have the old donate page on sl page).
>
> I don't mind the old donate page, but the combined download page is much
> more user-friendly.

I really would like to have rolling out the new donate pages a priority.
I know there is some roundtrips involved as we're regularly working on
improving the sites, with new strings coming up, but I propose to take
the status quo, make it localizable, and roll it out. There were some
side questions wrt. currency and proposed amounts per site, that needs
to be added apart from the strings, but we really should move forward
with this.

Cloph, is there a blocker? I know we discussed it in the past, but I
don't know the current status - if we can roll out the pages soon,
that'd be great indeed! :)

Thanks a lot,
Florian

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Florian Effenberger schrieb:

> you mean "We're a volunteer-driven..." and "You support is vital..."?
> Indeed, this should be translatable. Cloph, can you take care of it?

Hi Florian,

yes, this I mean. But, sorry, I have to wear sackcloth and ashes :-(. I
found the text on Silverstripe. The text was not ivisble and I forgot to
scroll down the screen. The text exists but unfortunately it is still
untranslated. I'll translate it immediately.

Please excuse me. Thanks,

Michael Wolf wrote:
> yes, this I mean. But, sorry, I have to wear sackcloth and ashes :-(. I
> found the text on Silverstripe. The text was not ivisble and I forgot to
> scroll down the screen. The text exists but unfortunately it is still
> untranslated. I'll translate it immediately.

no problem, I'm happy this is resolved already. :-) Let's try to get the
other bits and pieces addressed with Cloph's help, and then I hope we're
on top of things again!

Florian

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Florian Effenberger schrieb:

> you mean "We're a volunteer-driven..." and "You support is vital..."?
> Indeed, this should be translatable. Cloph, can you take care of it?

I just saw the text is missing for Upper Sorbian on Silverstripe. It is
available for Lower Sorbian only.

I'll copy the text to Upper Sorbian Silverstripe.

Michael

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Florian Effenberger schrieb:

> no problem, I'm happy this is resolved already. :-) Let's try to get the
> other bits and pieces addressed with Cloph's help, and then I hope we're
> on top of things again!

Well, the text is translated now, both into hsb and dsb.

Michael

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Martin Srebotnjak schrieb:

> I think there are still two strings not translatable on Pootle from the
> Donate page:
> "Donate via Stripe" (a button near the localizable button "Donate via
> PayPal" under the reCaptcha).

I didn't find this string, either. But, it seems it is not used in new
Donate page anymore.

> "Amount:" (the string before text field for entering the amount of

There is  such a string on Pootle which apparently is not used, whyever:

https://translations.documentfoundation.org/sl/website/translate/#search=Amount&sfields=source,target

https://translations.documentfoundation.org/hsb/website/translate/#search=Amount&sfields=source,target

Comparing with the new Donate page in German,

https://de.libreoffice.org/donate/

it seems there are still more untranslated/unavailable strings:

In the first box:

"During processing of your donation, your payment data will be
transferred to a financial service provider. For further information,
see our privacy policy."

Clicking the button "Mittels PayPal spenden" a new page is opened
containing this text:

"To process your donation of 25 EUR, you are now forwarded to PayPal's
website to complete the payment.
If you are not forwarded automatically, please click the button named
Continue below."

Clicking the button "Mittels Kreditkarte spenden" an image gallery
appears with English text.

Regards,

Michael

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Hi,

Cloph, can you give some feedback on this? I'd really like to have this
sorted out soon, it's been pending for quite a while, and would be
beneficial for several native language projects if we resolve it. :-)

Thanks a lot,
Florian

Tel: +49 30 5557992-50 | Mail: [hidden email]

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Hi *,

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 2:43 PM Michael Wolf <[hidden email]> wrote:

To answer a couple of questions:
a) How to get new-style download page:
  Answer:  Specify "999" as Codeline to show, that should display the
newstyle one.

b) Sidebar content

Sidebar labels are not part of the strings translatable in pootle, due
to the varoius links / different targets that NL-projects might use
instead of the default English ones.

So you get the English list of items when you didn't specify your own
in the "custom sidebar box"

> still a question: There is a long text to the right of the new Donate
> page (see www.libreoffice.org/donate or, in German,
> de.libreoffice.org/donate).

That's intentional, as it is the legal text that is not meant to be
translated. Feel free to not include the placeholder and instead point
to the German website instead.

c) newstyle donate:

Currently no user-configurable setting to switch between old and
newstyle, that's a whitelist in the backend. Will start rolling out to
newstyle for compatible currencies in the next days.

ciao
Christian

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

HI Michael, Martin, *,

Sorry, I didn't see the forest with all the trees in the way...

Now I finally got what strings are still lacking, expect them to show
up in pootle later today.

(stripe, amount, intermediate page)

ciao
Christian

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 3:02 PM Michael Wolf <[hidden email]> wrote:
> […]
> Clicking the button "Mittels Kreditkarte spenden" an image gallery
> appears with English text.

That is not part of silversripe, but rendered by Stripe directly, so
not translatable, and part of the data-protection stuff... (i.e. TDF
never sees the donor's credit card details, they are only submitted to
Stripe)

ciao
Christian

Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

V V tor., 7. maj 2019 ob 15:35 je oseba Christian Lohmaier <
[hidden email]> napisala:

> a) How to get new-style download page:
>   Answer:  Specify "999" as Codeline to show, that should display the
> newstyle one.

this is *not* working on Slovenian site. I have now the same code as the
German subsite (version must be 9.9) - that one displays the new design
download page, but the Slovenian still produces the old site design
offering the Fresh version:
https://sl.libreoffice.org/prenosi/prenesi-libreoffice
(I am not showing this page in the menus yet, because it is not in new
design, it is only available through this direct link).

Could you please check whether this is not something done
server-settings-side?

Lp, m.

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Christian Lohmaier schrieb:

> To answer a couple of questions:
> a) How to get new-style download page:
>    Answer:  Specify "999" as Codeline to show, that should display the
> newstyle one.

Hi Christian,

I think I needn't do that. I assume that I already have the newstyle
download pages:

https://hsb.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-stable/
https://hsb.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/

or don't I?

> b) Sidebar content
>
> Sidebar labels are not part of the strings translatable in pootle, due
> to the varoius links / different targets that NL-projects might use
> instead of the default English ones.

Hm, I don't know anything about it. Did Martin ask that? Do you jog my
memory?

>> still a question: There is a long text to the right of the new Donate
>> page (see www.libreoffice.org/donate or, in German,
>> de.libreoffice.org/donate).
>
> That's intentional, as it is the legal text that is not meant to be
> translated. Feel free to not include the placeholder and instead point
> to the German website instead.

This issue is settled for me. I found the text on Silverstripe. It is
already translated.

> c) newstyle donate:
>
> Currently no user-configurable setting to switch between old and
> newstyle, that's a whitelist in the backend. Will start rolling out to
> newstyle for compatible currencies in the next days.

For me this is the last task that should be still done for hsb and dsb.

Thanks and kind regards,

Michael

Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Hi,

V V sre., 8. maj 2019 ob 11:28 je oseba Michael Wolf <[hidden email]>
napisala:

> Christian Lohmaier schrieb:
>
> > To answer a couple of questions:
> > a) How to get new-style download page:
> >    Answer:  Specify "999" as Codeline to show, that should display the
> > newstyle one.
>

> Hi Christian,
>
> I think I needn't do that. I assume that I already have the newstyle
> download pages:
>
> https://hsb.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-stable/
> https://hsb.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/
>
> or don't I?

No, Michael, you don't, that is old style.

New style has a single download page for both versions, which is much user
friendlier, see here:
English site: https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/
German site: https://de.libreoffice.org/download/download/

We have translated the strings in Pootle, but just cannot get this page on
our l10n sites, it seems.

Lp, m.

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Martin Srebotnjak schrieb:

> No, Michael, you don't, that is old style.
>
> New style has a single download page for both versions, which is much user
> friendlier, see here:
> English site: https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/
> German site: https://de.libreoffice.org/download/download/
>
> We have translated the strings in Pootle, but just cannot get this page on
> our l10n sites, it seems.

Hi Martin,

oh, I thought the two separate pages LO Stable and LO Fresh are the new
ones. I knew that other languages had problems to migrate it to the new
style. Besides, I translated the website at the beginning of this year
only. So I thought I have already the newstyle download page to translate.

Thank you and kind regards,

Michael

Next » 123 « Prev