Please enable static strings from Pootle

123 « Prev
Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Christian Lohmaier schrieb:
> Hi *,
>
> On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 2:43 PM Michael Wolf <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> To answer a couple of questions:
> a) How to get new-style download page:
>    Answer:  Specify "999" as Codeline to show, that should display the
> newstyle one.

Hi Christian,

as it has become apparent now that hsb and dsb still use oldstyle
download page: What does it mean "Specify "999" as Codeline to show"?

Thanks,

Michael

Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Hi, Michael,

V V sre., 8. maj 2019 ob 13:48 je oseba Michael Wolf <[hidden email]>
napisala:

> > To answer a couple of questions:
> > a) How to get new-style download page:
> >    Answer:  Specify "999" as Codeline to show, that should display the
> > newstyle one.
>
> Hi Christian,
>
> as it has become apparent now that hsb and dsb still use oldstyle
> download page: What does it mean "Specify "999" as Codeline to show"?

the German and English LO download pages have this setting:
codeline to offer on this page (major.minor) --- 9.9

It doesn't work on the sl site, please test if it works on Sorbian sites.

Thanks,
m.

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Martin Srebotnjak schrieb:
> Hi, Michael,

> the German and English LO download pages have this setting:
> codeline to offer on this page (major.minor) --- 9.9
>
> It doesn't work on the sl site, please test if it works on Sorbian sites.

Hi Martin,

thank you for your reply.

But, I don't know what to do with that. I'm pretty new to those things.
What excatly I have to do, what have I to enter and where? In the
commanline, in the address bar?

Thanks,

Michael

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Hi,

I found the codeline field on Silverstripe and entered "9.9" for both
download pages (Stable and Fresh). But they don't look like the English
download page.

Thanks,

Michael

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Hi Michael, *,

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 11:28 AM Michael Wolf <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > To answer a couple of questions:
> > a) How to get new-style download page:
> >    Answer:  Specify "999" as Codeline to show, that should display the
> > newstyle one.
>
> I think I needn't do that. I assume that I already have the newstyle
> download pages:
>
> https://hsb.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-stable/
> https://hsb.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/
>
> or don't I?

Those variants are not what I was referring to as "newstyle" -
newstyle in this case refers to the combined download page that lists
both codelines on the same page, as is the case on
https://www.libreoffice.org/download

Nothing wrong with the separate style, however for those you need to
make sure you specify the correct codeline (in major.minor notation) -
both fresh and still (that is what is preferred over "stable", since
both fresh and still are considered "stable" in the usual meaning)
pages show the 6.2 line for hsb, since for nonexisting versions (that
doesn't match the "magic value" to request newstyle) it defaults to
the latest version, so you can keep the fresh page at 9.9, but the
still (in your case stable) one should be configured to show the 6.1
codeline at the moment.
Once 6.3.0 gets released, the stable should be changed to 6.2 codeline
(6.3.x then is fresh, 6.2. is stable, and 6.1 is EOL/obsolete then)

> > b) Sidebar content
> >
> > Sidebar labels are not part of the strings translatable in pootle, due
> > to the varoius links / different targets that NL-projects might use
> > instead of the default English ones.
>
> Hm, I don't know anything about it. Did Martin ask that? Do you jog my
> memory?

Oh, didn't reply to you specifically, but it was brought up in previous mails.

> >> still a question: There is a long text to the right of the new Donate
> >> page (see www.libreoffice.org/donate or, in German,
> >> de.libreoffice.org/donate).
> >
> > That's intentional, as it is the legal text that is not meant to be
> > translated. Feel free to not include the placeholder and instead point
> > to the German website instead.
>
> This issue is settled for me. I found the text on Silverstripe. It is
> already translated.

Might be a misunderstanding/Maybe I wasn't clear enough.
{germanlegaltext} placeholder in the translation string will be
replaced by the German text.

> > c) newstyle donate:
> >
> > Currently no user-configurable setting to switch between old and
> > newstyle, that's a whitelist in the backend. Will start rolling out to
> > newstyle for compatible currencies in the next days.
>
> For me this is the last task that should be still done for hsb and dsb.

OK, will switch tomorrow.

ciao
Christian

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 1:48 PM Michael Wolf <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Christian Lohmaier schrieb:
> > a) How to get new-style download page:
> >    Answer:  Specify "999" as Codeline to show, that should display the
> > newstyle one.
>

> as it has become apparent now that hsb and dsb still use oldstyle
> download page: What does it mean "Specify "999" as Codeline to show"?

In the backend, on the main Content tab, there's an entry box for
"codeline to offer on this page (major.minor)" - below the ones for
navigation label and subtitle.

When you use the special value 999 it will use the newstyle pages,
otherwise it will use the split pages (see other mail)

ciao
Christian

Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Hi, Christian,

V V tor., 14. maj 2019 ob 15:27 je oseba Christian Lohmaier <
[hidden email]> napisala:

> In the backend, on the main Content tab, there's an entry box for
> "codeline to offer on this page (major.minor)" - below the ones for
> navigation label and subtitle.
>
> When you use the special value 999 it will use the newstyle pages,
> otherwise it will use the split pages (see other mail)

as can be read from further correspondence on this list, Michael found that
field in Silverstripe himself and specified 9.9 for Sorbian, as well as I
did for Slovenian.
This number is also specified on the English and German combined download
page in that field.

But the difference is that on English and German pages that number produces
new-style download page, but on Slovenian and Sorbian websites those
numbers open the old-style download page. BTW, I did try 999 as well and it
doesn't work either.

Here is the link:
https://sl.libreoffice.org/prenosi/prenesi-libreoffice
You can check yourself the value I specified in Silvestripe.

Could you please check both Silverstipe and other server-side settings why
this is not working for sl, dsb and hsb (and maybe even other l10n
subsites)?

Thanks,
m.

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Christian Lohmaier schrieb:

> In the backend, on the main Content tab, there's an entry box for
> "codeline to offer on this page (major.minor)" - below the ones for
> navigation label and subtitle.
>
> When you use the special value 999 it will use the newstyle pages,
> otherwise it will use the split pages (see other mail)

Hi Christian,

as Martin has already written I had already found the field. But it
didn't work. I forgot to test Upper Sorbian in Silverstripe first, I
tested Lower Sorbian only because Lower Sorbian appears as first
language on Silverstripe for me.

But, wonders never cease! It works for both hsb and dsb now! I used 999
now, 9.9 did not work and 999 initially, either.

But still two questions remain: There is a one string in English on the
download page:

1. "Key management software for the new OpenPGP feature (external site)"

"Key management software" is a link. Where can I translate it? It seems
to be new because it is in English on German website as well.

2. The website shows still two download sites. It should be **one**
download page.

And finally, the Donate page must still be in new style.

@Martin: How's things? Is the Slovenian download page in new style now?

Thanks and kind regards,

Michael

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Christian Lohmaier schrieb:

> Nothing wrong with the separate style, however for those you need to
> make sure you specify the correct codeline (in major.minor notation) -
> both fresh and still (that is what is preferred over "stable", since
> both fresh and still are considered "stable" in the usual meaning)
> pages show the 6.2 line for hsb, since for nonexisting versions (that
> doesn't match the "magic value" to request newstyle) it defaults to
> the latest version, so you can keep the fresh page at 9.9, but the
> still (in your case stable) one should be configured to show the 6.1
> codeline at the moment.
> Once 6.3.0 gets released, the stable should be changed to 6.2 codeline
> (6.3.x then is fresh, 6.2. is stable, and 6.1 is EOL/obsolete then)

Hi Christian,

I've set Stable/Still to 6.1 on Silverstripe now and, moreover, I
unchecked "Show in menus" for hsb and dsb. Finally I changed page name
and slug name: Libreoffice sćahnyć/libreoffice-scahnyc, Libreoffice
ześěgnuś/libreoffice-zesegnus.

Thanks and kind regards,

Michael

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Martin Srebotnjak schrieb:
> I just checked in Silvestripe. Someone changed something about the page
> (the page had "changed" tag in the tree-view), and it seemed working in the
> preview pane, so I made it visible and published it officially.
> Then I checked the link in three different browsers and they all showed the
> old download page (some never accessed this link), but it was probably just
> server cache and then -YAAAY! - it started working!

Hi Martin,¨

fine, I can confirm that. We can be happy now as far as the download
page is concerned (except the untranslated string). Christian wrote he
will switch the Donate page tomorrow.

Thanks and kind regards,

Michael

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Hi Christian,

I have a favor to ask you.

There is a link to a helppack on Sorbian download pages: "English
fallback". It leads to the English helppack as fallback because there is
no Sorbian help until now. Is it possible to link to the German helppack
instead?

Thanks,

Michael

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Hi Michael,

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 7:52 PM Michael Wolf <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Christian Lohmaier schrieb:
>
> But, wonders never cease! It works for both hsb and dsb now! I used 999
> now, 9.9 did not work and 999 initially, either.

> But still two questions remain: There is a one string in English on the
> download page:
>
> 1. "Key management software for the new OpenPGP feature (external site)"
>
> "Key management software" is a link. Where can I translate it? It seems
> to be new because it is in English on German website as well.

Ah, those are hardcoded still - somehow overlooked those.

> 2. The website shows still two download sites. It should be **one**
> download page.

If you want to keep the old sites around to not break links, you can
turn them into a redirector page.
(On Settings tab when viewing a page).
So switch to Redirector page and pick your main download page.
Or just unpublish and remove from staging area to completely delete the page.

> And finally, the Donate page must still be in new style.

Delays in build for 6.3.0 alpha/6.2.4 pushed that back, sorry for that.

ciao
Christian

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 11:42 PM Michael Wolf <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There is a link to a helppack on Sorbian download pages: "English
> fallback". It leads to the English helppack as fallback because there is
> no Sorbian help until now. Is it possible to link to the German helppack
> instead?

Is possible, what should the label be for that?

ciao
Christian

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Christian Lohmaier schrieb:

> Is possible, what should the label be for that?

Hi Christian,

it should be "(němsce)" for Upper Sorbian and "(nimski)" for Lower
Sorbian. Both words simply mean "German".

Thanks,

Michael

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Re: Please enable static strings from Pootle

Christian Lohmaier schrieb:

> If you want to keep the old sites around to not break links, you can
> turn them into a redirector page.
> (On Settings tab when viewing a page).
> So switch to Redirector page and pick your main download page.
> Or just unpublish and remove from staging area to completely delete the page.

Hi Christian,

I did it this way:

"I've set Stable/Still to 6.1 on Silverstripe now and, moreover, I
unchecked "Show in menus" for hsb and dsb. Finally I changed page name
and slug name: Libreoffice sćahnyć/libreoffice-scahnyc, Libreoffice
ześěgnuś/libreoffice-zesegnus."

E-mail from me on May 14.

>> And finally, the Donate page must still be in new style.
>
> Delays in build for 6.3.0 alpha/6.2.4 pushed that back, sorry for that.

OK, thank you.

Michael

123 « Prev