Polish community actions

Marcin Popko Marcin Popko

Polish community actions

Hey there!

As I wanted to build more and more Polish community I wanted to prepare Polish LibreOffice livestreams and stickers giveaway at LibreOffice Poland Facebook fanpage.

I have no good idea about livestream agenda. Something emmm… safe for us, something encouraging people to watch it. I know I wanted to invite community to take part of mini summit at openSUSE + LibreOffice Conference 2020, yes, we’ll try to do it too in Poland. Currently we have 4 people in our team… so it looks possible, even now, when we’re really really tiny community.

Stickers giveaway… I wanted people to share post from fanpage adding one reason why they love LibreOffice. What do you think about it? Maybe do you have any other ideas?

Can you help me?

Pozdrawiam / Regards
Marcin Popko

tel. +48661505678

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

Re: Polish community actions

Hey Marcin,

On 06/06/2020 21:37, Marcin Popko wrote:

> As I wanted to build more and more Polish community I wanted to prepare Polish LibreOffice livestreams and stickers giveaway at LibreOffice Poland Facebook fanpage.

Awesome, thanks!

> I have no good idea about livestream agenda. Something emmm… safe for us, something encouraging people to watch it. I know I wanted to invite community to take part of mini summit at openSUSE + LibreOffice Conference 2020, yes, we’ll try to do it too in Poland. Currently we have 4 people in our team… so it looks possible, even now, when we’re really really tiny community.

I think that sounds good. If you can get two or more people to join a
livestream at a specific time, then spread the word on Facebook (and
I'll give a hand), you can encourage people to watch.

You can talk about what LibreOffice is (not spend too much time on that,
as most people probably already know about it), and then discuss how the
community is growing, what you plan to do -- and how people can get
involved!

> Stickers giveaway… I wanted people to share post from fanpage adding one reason why they love LibreOffice. What do you think about it? Maybe do you have any other ideas?

Yes, encourage people to share, and get a sticker as a reward! You might
want to add a limit like "First 30 shares get a sticker", so that it
doesn't accidentally go viral in a Polish FOSS community, and you end up
needing to post 500 stickers. I mean, that'd be cool, but we have to
think of our limited resources :-)

Thanks again for all your work in the community there!

Cheers,
Mike