Portable LibreOffice?

Frank Esposito Frank Esposito

Portable LibreOffice?

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if it is at all possible that, along with
standard platform releases, a portable version could also be made
available such as the current one found here:

http://portableapps.com/apps/office/openoffice_portable

I tried to make a request for it in the portableapps community but the
request was seemingly received with indifference.

read about that here:
http://portableapps.com/node/25074

Thank you for saving a great project.
Frank Esposito

Eric ? Eric ?

Re: Portable LibreOffice?

that would realy be a great option, zo please develop this

--
bezoek ook mijn ICT site

http://compie.nl.nu
of
http://www.linkedin.com/in/compie
http://www.facebook.com/people/Eric-Redegeld/1675196392?ref=search
http://twitter.com/compie67
http://www.google.com/profiles/compie67#about

Andy Brown Andy Brown

Re: Portable LibreOffice?

On Fri Oct 15 2010 05:54:50 GMT-0700 (PDT)  Frank Esposito wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I would like to know if it is at all possible that, along with
> standard platform releases, a portable version could also be made
> available such as the current one found here:
>
> http://portableapps.com/apps/office/openoffice_portable
>

> I tried to make a request for it in the portableapps community but the
> request was seemingly received with indifference.
>
> read about that here:
> http://portableapps.com/node/25074
>

> Thank you for saving a great project.
> Frank Esposito

OOo nor LibreOffice has control of ProtableApps.  The version that is on
the PortableApps web site is a rewrite of some of the code to allow it
to run from a external drive.  There reply seems to make sense to me as
there is no need to have two copies of the same program.

Jan Parttimaa Jan Parttimaa

Re: Portable LibreOffice?

Hi!
Portable apps.com will release Libreoffice soon on portable. More info here:

http://portableapps.com/node/25206

Jan