Presentation - video record

charles meyer charles meyer

Presentation - video record

I'm trying to coordinate a presentation with Libre Presentation.

Can Presentation record screens on your laptop like MS Power Point?

If so, could you please share those steps?

Thank you.

Charles.

Cuyahoga Falls Cuyahoga Falls

Re: Presentation - video record

On 6/16/2020 2:14 PM, charles meyer wrote:
> I'm trying to coordinate a presentation with Libre Presentation.
>
> Can Presentation record screens on your laptop like MS Power Point?
>
> If so, could you please share those steps?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Charles.

I don't think Presentation can do it natively. I use free third party
programs to accomplish this. In Windows, I use a free program called
ShareX, which works just fine.

You can also do it through Zoom and include your own picture in a corner
of the screen through its screen share feature.

In Linux, I use Kazam.

Virgil

Paul D. Mirowsky Paul D. Mirowsky

Re: Presentation - video record

Suggest using screen recorder software.

  * 8 Best Screen Recorders for Windows 10 – Free & Paid (2019 rev.)
      o https://atomisystems.com/screencasting/record-screen-windows-10/
  * 9 Best Screen Recorders For Linux
      o https://itsfoss.com/best-linux-screen-recorders/
  * How to record the screen on your Mac
      o https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208721

There is also the ability to use Impress and export as SVG. While I have
only used one page to do this, all objects 'fly in' correctly using
Firefox version 77.0.1 (64-bit) on Ubuntu. I assume this means all other
controls work.

Hope this helps.

François-Marie BILLARD François-Marie BILLARD

Le 16/06/2020 à 20:14, charles meyer a écrit :

> I'm trying to coordinate a presentation with Libre Presentation.
>
> Can Presentation record screens on your laptop like MS Power Point?
>
> If so, could you please share those steps?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Charles.

under linux you can use ffmpeg first, after launching the presentation

ffmpeg commande under bash

ffmpeg -f x11grab -r 30 -s 1920x1080 -i :0.0 -vcodec libx264 out.mkv

https://www.linuxtricks.fr/wiki/ffmpeg-la-boite-a-outils-multimedia

--
François-Marie