Printing 18 labels per sheet on Avery A4 sheet L7161

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Budge Budge
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Printing 18 labels per sheet on Avery A4 sheet L7161

Two questions please.

I am using Avery A4 L7161 adhesive labels and have opened using the new>label option which gives me the grid in which to type the text.  Having selected font and size I find the print is too close to the edge of the label.

How may I adjust the margin between the first line of text and the actual label edge.  I think the word is kerning and I need to move the text a fraction of the line down on the paper?

Once I have typed one label and edited it to suit, is there a quick way to copy the one label to all the labels on the the whole sheet?

Grateful for your help please.

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Fred James-2 Fred James-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Printing 18 labels per sheet on Avery A4 sheet L7161

Budge wrote:
> Two questions please.
>
> I am using Avery A4 L7161 adhesive labels and have opened using the new>label option which gives me the grid in which to type the text.  Having selected font and size I find the print is too close to the edge of the label.
>
> How may I adjust the margin between the first line of text and the actual label edge.  I think the word is kerning and I need to move the text a fraction of the line down on the paper?
>
> Once I have typed one label and edited it to suit, is there a quick way to copy the one label to all the labels on the the whole sheet?
>
> Grateful for your help please.
What I have seen so far is that the LO label is intended to print from a
database (such as a list of addresses, and doesn't allow for what you
desire ... and by the way, I desire.
Sorry, I am no help there.

There is a way to change the top and right margins, but that is the
distance from the top and left edges of the sheet to the top and left
edges of the top, left label ... not really a good answer, eh?

Assuming that one wants all the labels on a sheet to be identical, all I
have ever been able to do is (as you say) format one label as desired,
select and copy the desired area of that label, and past that into each
of the other labels on the sheet ... one at a time.

Not much help there, I am sure ... I wish to know this as well, if there
is any way to do this.  But thank you for asking ... it prompted me to
search once again for the answer, although the answers I found (once
again) point to stuff that is not in LO, at least not in the version I
have.  Possibly out of date answers? Possibly the answer would vary a
lot between OS's?
Regards
Fred James


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Fred James-2 Fred James-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Second reply with a REAL answer: WAS: Re: [libreoffice-users] Printing 18 labels per sheet on Avery A4 sheet L7161

In reply to this post by Budge
Budge wrote:
> Two questions please.
>
> I am using Avery A4 L7161 adhesive labels and have opened using the new>label option which gives me the grid in which to type the text.  Having selected font and size I find the print is too close to the edge of the label.
>
> How may I adjust the margin between the first line of text and the actual label edge.  I think the word is kerning and I need to move the text a fraction of the line down on the paper?
>
> Once I have typed one label and edited it to suit, is there a quick way to copy the one label to all the labels on the the whole sheet?
>
> Grateful for your help please.
I searched one more time and found this useful information ...

Navagate: File -> New -> Label and do all the normal stuff including ...
Label Tab
    enter text for label content
    select sheet
    select label brand
    select label type
Format Tab
    probably just leave that stuff alonw
Options Tab
    select entire page
    check Synchronize Content
(the printer and setup can also be done here)
Select New document
Along with the "new document" you will get a little dialog box for
"Synchronize Labels"

Now ... edit the top left label to achieve your desired formating, edge
spacing, etc.
Click on the Synchronize Labels button.
Done

Here is the URL for the YouTube that supplied this knowledge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=278&v=qP3NCdRlO8Q&feature=emb_logo

Hope that helps
Regards
Fred James


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
snowshed snowshed
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Printing 18 labels per sheet on Avery A4 sheet L7161

In reply to this post by Budge
On 6/8/20 9:54 AM, Budge wrote:
> Two questions please.
>
> I am using Avery A4 L7161 adhesive labels and have opened using the new>label option which gives me the grid in which to type the text.  Having selected font and size I find the print is too close to the edge of the label.
>
> How may I adjust the margin between the first line of text and the actual label edge.  I think the word is kerning and I need to move the text a fraction of the line down on the paper?
>
> Once I have typed one label and edited it to suit, is there a quick way to copy the one label to all the labels on the the whole sheet?
>
> Grateful for your help please.

FWIW, I've given up on all word processors' label function.  Especially
if the label is one third or two thirds inches high.  Never works.

Instead, I downloaded the Avery free label printing software program.
Works every time.


--
Ken
MacOS 10.14.6
Firefox 70.0.1
Thunderbird 60.8
"My brain is like lightning, a quick flash
      and it's gone!"


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
John Kaufmann John Kaufmann
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Printing 18 labels per sheet on Avery A4 sheet L7161

In reply to this post by Budge
On 2020-06-08 11:54, Budge wrote:
> Two questions please.
>
> [1] I am using Avery A4 L7161 adhesive labels and have opened using the new>label option which gives me the grid in which to type the text.  Having selected font and size I find the print is too close to the edge of the label.  How may I adjust the margin between the first line of text and the actual label edge.  I think the word is kerning and I need to move the text a fraction of the line down on the paper?

On the Labels Format tab, can you not just increase the Top margin by, say, a millimeter?
[BTW: I don't think the word you want is kerning, which refers to a spacing relationship between characters.]


> [2] Once I have typed one label and edited it to suit, is there a quick way to copy the one label to all the labels on the the whole sheet?

I don't know how easily that is done with LO's Labels function, which is optimized for merging addresses from a database.  Probably someone who uses labels a lot can chime in on that, but I would probably be inclined to just format a page with margins of 7.2mm (L/R) and 8.8mm(T/B) and then make a 3col x 6 row table full-width (66.0mm columns), with row heights 46.5mm.  That would give you easy access to all labels as table cells, so you could just copy-and-paste quickly.

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Alan Boba Alan Boba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Printing 18 labels per sheet on Avery A4 sheet L7161

Hello John,

re: [2] same label for all labels on page with other than the default
formatting applied to all labels

#1 File > New > Labels
#2 Labels dialog, Labels tab --
  -- Label text field : enter desired label text
  -- Brand: Avery A4, Type: L7161 Address
#3 Click "New Document" button, label text field is repeated for all labels
on page
#4 Right-click in text of first label, select Styles > Edit Style...
#5 modify style as desired and click "Apply" button

All labels now have the same style applied to the text.

Is that what you are trying to do?




On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 5:13 PM John Kaufmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2020-06-08 11:54, Budge wrote:
> > Two questions please.
> >
> > [1] I am using Avery A4 L7161 adhesive labels and have opened using the
> new>label option which gives me the grid in which to type the text.  Having
> selected font and size I find the print is too close to the edge of the
> label.  How may I adjust the margin between the first line of text and the
> actual label edge.  I think the word is kerning and I need to move the text
> a fraction of the line down on the paper?
>
> On the Labels Format tab, can you not just increase the Top margin by,
> say, a millimeter?
> [BTW: I don't think the word you want is kerning, which refers to a
> spacing relationship between characters.]
>
>
> > [2] Once I have typed one label and edited it to suit, is there a quick
> way to copy the one label to all the labels on the the whole sheet?
>
> I don't know how easily that is done with LO's Labels function, which is
> optimized for merging addresses from a database.  Probably someone who uses
> labels a lot can chime in on that, but I would probably be inclined to just
> format a page with margins of 7.2mm (L/R) and 8.8mm(T/B) and then make a
> 3col x 6 row table full-width (66.0mm columns), with row heights 46.5mm.
> That would give you easy access to all labels as table cells, so you could
> just copy-and-paste quickly.
>
> --
> To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
> Problems?
> https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
> Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
> Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
>


--
Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
remygauthier remygauthier
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Printing 18 labels per sheet on Avery A4 sheet L7161

Hi,
Not sure if that will work for you, but you can try this:
1) Create your new document2) Select the top-left frame (single click
on the border)3) Go Format -> Frame -> properties4) Go to the Borders
tab, and then set the internal border to 0,1cm on all sides
In my version, this sets the border for all frames on the page and
therefore makes the boxes smaller on all sides for text which, as I
understand is what you are looking for.
I hope this helps.
Rémy.Le lundi 08 juin 2020 à 19:33 -0400, Alan B a écrit :

> Hello John,
> re: [2] same label for all labels on page with other than the
> defaultformatting applied to all labels
> #1 File > New > Labels#2 Labels dialog, Labels tab --  -- Label text
> field : enter desired label text  -- Brand: Avery A4, Type: L7161
> Address#3 Click "New Document" button, label text field is repeated
> for all labelson page#4 Right-click in text of first label, select
> Styles > Edit Style...#5 modify style as desired and click "Apply"
> button
> All labels now have the same style applied to the text.
> Is that what you are trying to do?
>
>
>
> On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 5:13 PM John Kaufmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On 2020-06-08 11:54, Budge wrote:
> > > Two questions please.
> > > [1] I am using Avery A4 L7161 adhesive labels and have opened
> > > using the
> > new>label option which gives me the grid in which to type the
> > text.  Havingselected font and size I find the print is too close
> > to the edge of thelabel.  How may I adjust the margin between the
> > first line of text and theactual label edge.  I think the word is
> > kerning and I need to move the texta fraction of the line down on
> > the paper?
> > On the Labels Format tab, can you not just increase the Top margin
> > by,say, a millimeter?[BTW: I don't think the word you want is
> > kerning, which refers to aspacing relationship between characters.]
> >
> > > [2] Once I have typed one label and edited it to suit, is there a
> > > quick
> > way to copy the one label to all the labels on the the whole sheet?
> > I don't know how easily that is done with LO's Labels function,
> > which isoptimized for merging addresses from a database.  Probably
> > someone who useslabels a lot can chime in on that, but I would
> > probably be inclined to justformat a page with margins of 7.2mm
> > (L/R) and 8.8mm(T/B) and then make a3col x 6 row table full-width
> > (66.0mm columns), with row heights 46.5mm.That would give you easy
> > access to all labels as table cells, so you couldjust copy-and-
> > paste quickly.
> > --To unsubscribe e-mail to:
> > [hidden email]
> > Problems?
> > https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
> > Posting guidelines + more:
> > https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> > List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
> > Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
> >
>
> -- Alan BobaCISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
John Kaufmann John Kaufmann
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Printing 18 labels per sheet on Avery A4 sheet L7161

In reply to this post by Alan Boba
Hi Alan,

No, I was not trying to do that -- Budge [the OP] was -- but I did not know how to answer that part of his post (never did it before). So simple; I'm embarrassed I did not know, but am happy to know it now. Sweet.

Thanks,
John

On 2020-06-08 19:33, Alan B wrote:

> Hello John,
>
> re: [2] same label for all labels on page with other than the default
> formatting applied to all labels
>
> #1 File > New > Labels
> #2 Labels dialog, Labels tab --
>    -- Label text field : enter desired label text
>    -- Brand: Avery A4, Type: L7161 Address
> #3 Click "New Document" button, label text field is repeated for all labels
> on page
> #4 Right-click in text of first label, select Styles > Edit Style...
> #5 modify style as desired and click "Apply" button
>
> All labels now have the same style applied to the text.
>
> Is that what you are trying to do?
>
>
>
>
> On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 5:13 PM John Kaufmann wrote:
>
>> On 2020-06-08 11:54, Budge wrote:
>>> Two questions please.
>>>
>>> [1] I am using Avery A4 L7161 adhesive labels and have opened using the
>> new>label option which gives me the grid in which to type the text.  Having
>> selected font and size I find the print is too close to the edge of the
>> label.  How may I adjust the margin between the first line of text and the
>> actual label edge.  I think the word is kerning and I need to move the text
>> a fraction of the line down on the paper?
>>
>> On the Labels Format tab, can you not just increase the Top margin by,
>> say, a millimeter?
>> [BTW: I don't think the word you want is kerning, which refers to a
>> spacing relationship between characters.]
>>
>>
>>> [2] Once I have typed one label and edited it to suit, is there a quick
>> way to copy the one label to all the labels on the the whole sheet?
>>
>> I don't know how easily that is done with LO's Labels function, which is
>> optimized for merging addresses from a database.  Probably someone who uses
>> labels a lot can chime in on that, but I would probably be inclined to just
>> format a page with margins of 7.2mm (L/R) and 8.8mm(T/B) and then make a
>> 3col x 6 row table full-width (66.0mm columns), with row heights 46.5mm.
>> That would give you easy access to all labels as table cells, so you could
>> just copy-and-paste quickly.
>>
>> --
>> To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
>> Problems?
>> https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
>> Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
>> List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
>> Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
>>
>
>

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy