Printing labels from a database is missing every other page

Harvey Nimmo Harvey Nimmo

Printing labels from a database is missing every other page

What could be going wrong here? Can anyone help?

I am trying to print a set of address labels (3x5 per page) using LO
Base connected to a remote MariaDB. The report facilities correctly
show the data I want to be printed.

The label procedure apparently produces the label report corresponding
to selected db-records and correctly shows the number of A4 label
pages  generated (13). However, on printing them to actual labels,
every second page is blank.

Inspection of the print file using print preview indeed shows all even
pages to be blank, and exporting the file to PDF compresses the whole
file automatically to 7 pages.

What must I do to get the labels from the even pages printed out?

Cheers

Harvey

Harvey Nimmo Harvey Nimmo

Re: Printing labels from a database is missing every other page

Sorry, I forgot to provide the LO version I am using:
LO Version: 6.4.5.2Build ID: 40(Build:2)CPU threads: 2; OS: Linux 5.3;
UI render: default; VCL: gtk3; Locale: en-GB (en_GB.UTF-8); UI-
Language: en-GBCalc: threaded
And additionally, I should day that the odt label file generated shows
13 pages in the statistics at the foot of the window, but fails to show
the blank pages, i.e. only 7 pages are shown.
CheersHarvey
On Tue, 2020-12-15 at 17:30 +0100, Harvey Nimmo wrote:

> What could be going wrong here? Can anyone help?
> I am trying to print a set of address labels (3x5 per page) using LO
> Base connected to a remote MariaDB. The report facilities correctly
> show the data I want to be printed.
> The label procedure apparently produces the label report
> corresponding to selected db-records and correctly shows the number
> of A4 label pages  generated (13). However, on printing them to
> actual labels, every second page is blank.
> Inspection of the print file using print preview indeed shows all
> even pages to be blank, and exporting the file to PDF compresses the
> whole file automatically to 7 pages.
> What must I do to get the labels from the even pages printed out?
> Cheers
> Harvey

Harvey Nimmo Harvey Nimmo

Re: Printing labels from a database is missing every other page

and finally....
It is not as bad as I had surmised. All the is happening, is that the
label printing process is generating an extra blank page between valid
pages. All labels are actually printed. Only the blank label pages have
to be extracted from the print job (and reused!);-)
On Tue, 2020-12-15 at 17:39 +0100, Harvey Nimmo wrote:

> Sorry, I forgot to provide the LO version I am using:
> LO Version: 6.4.5.2Build ID: 40(Build:2)CPU threads: 2; OS: Linux
> 5.3; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3; Locale: en-GB (en_GB.UTF-8); UI-
> Language: en-GBCalc: threaded
> And additionally, I should day that the odt label file generated
> shows 13 pages in the statistics at the foot of the window, but fails
> to show the blank pages, i.e. only 7 pages are shown.
> CheersHarvey
> On Tue, 2020-12-15 at 17:30 +0100, Harvey Nimmo wrote:
> > What could be going wrong here? Can anyone help?
> > I am trying to print a set of address labels (3x5 per page) using
> > LO Base connected to a remote MariaDB. The report facilities
> > correctly show the data I want to be printed.
> > The label procedure apparently produces the label report
> > corresponding to selected db-records and correctly shows the number
> > of A4 label pages  generated (13). However, on printing them to
> > actual labels, every second page is blank.
> > Inspection of the print file using print preview indeed shows all
> > even pages to be blank, and exporting the file to PDF compresses
> > the whole file automatically to 7 pages.
> > What must I do to get the labels from the even pages printed out?
> > Cheers
> > Harvey

Richard England Richard England

Re: Printing labels from a database is missing every other page

Is there a page break  inserted at the end of the template page?

~~R

On 12/15/20 8:53 AM, Harvey Nimmo wrote:

> and finally....
> It is not as bad as I had surmised. All the is happening, is that the
> label printing process is generating an extra blank page between valid
> pages. All labels are actually printed. Only the blank label pages have
> to be extracted from the print job (and reused!);-)
> On Tue, 2020-12-15 at 17:39 +0100, Harvey Nimmo wrote:
>> Sorry, I forgot to provide the LO version I am using:
>> LO Version: 6.4.5.2Build ID: 40(Build:2)CPU threads: 2; OS: Linux
>> 5.3; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3; Locale: en-GB (en_GB.UTF-8); UI-
>> Language: en-GBCalc: threaded
>> And additionally, I should day that the odt label file generated
>> shows 13 pages in the statistics at the foot of the window, but fails
>> to show the blank pages, i.e. only 7 pages are shown.
>> CheersHarvey
>> On Tue, 2020-12-15 at 17:30 +0100, Harvey Nimmo wrote:
>>> What could be going wrong here? Can anyone help?
>>> I am trying to print a set of address labels (3x5 per page) using
>>> LO Base connected to a remote MariaDB. The report facilities
>>> correctly show the data I want to be printed.
>>> The label procedure apparently produces the label report
>>> corresponding to selected db-records and correctly shows the number
>>> of A4 label pages  generated (13). However, on printing them to
>>> actual labels, every second page is blank.
>>> Inspection of the print file using print preview indeed shows all
>>> even pages to be blank, and exporting the file to PDF compresses
>>> the whole file automatically to 7 pages.
>>> What must I do to get the labels from the even pages printed out?
>>> Cheers
>>> Harvey

Harvey Nimmo Harvey Nimmo

Re: Printing labels from a database is missing every other page

Thanks to all you guys for your help. It is possible to insert a page
break in the template, but there was none there in my case, so I still
have to ask myself: where does the blank page come from? There is a
setting, however, to print only left hand pages. That does the trick of
suppressing the blank pages.

Many thanks, again
Harvey