Private stuff: It seems that I'm back :-)

Christoph Noack Christoph Noack

Private stuff: It seems that I'm back :-)

Hi all,

a few months ago I've said that I will be "offline" for some time ...
because of very good family reasons [1] *g*

In the last weeks, I found myself involved in numerous topics, bug
reports, discussions on libo-ux-advise, the Munich Hackfest, some LibO
conference preparation, and SC stuff. It seems that I'm somehow back ...
and I'm enjoying it (and my family, of course).

Still, I'm unsure how much time will be available - so far it works
rather well. My personal goal is to slowly but steadily continue to work
with you all on the items we've listed on the WhatWeNeed page [2]. Some
points have been addressed so far, many points are still open ...

Cheers,
Christoph

[1]
http://luxate.blogspot.com/2011/05/status-of-design-team-kick-off-and.html

[2]
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Kick-Off/WhatWeNeed

Alexander Wilms Alexander Wilms

Re: Private stuff: It seems that I'm back :-)

Hi Christoph,

nice to to see you 'back' :).
It just came to my mind that I joined this mailing list some time ago to
ask for a template repository and and whether you could upload your
template for the LibreOffice Conference.
As the extension/template-center is now online I wondered whether you
could upload those three templates (if Kevin agrees regarding his
template):
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Whiteboards/ConferenceTemplates.
Do you think the branding should be removed beforehand? Or should maybe
both - the branded and the unbranded Version be uploaded?
I could remove the motif etc. if you don't mind.

Greetings

Alex

Christoph Noack Christoph Noack

LibreOffice Presentation Templates

Hi Alexander!

Am Sonntag, den 18.09.2011, 00:02 +0200 schrieb Alexander Wilms:
> Hi Christoph,
>
> nice to to see you 'back' :).

Hehe, thanks :-)

> It just came to my mind that I joined this mailing list some time ago to
> ask for a template repository and and whether you could upload your
> template for the LibreOffice Conference.
> As the extension/template-center is now online I wondered whether you
> could upload those three templates (if Kevin agrees regarding his
> template):
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Whiteboards/ConferenceTemplates.

Oh, this is a most excellent idea ... I totally missed that opportunity
until now :-) However, I propose to have a slightly different
procedure ... e.g. the template by Kevin is rather a presentation (the
master pages are not used, or still contain other objects).

Thus, concerning the conference template (Paris 2011), I'd like keep
only one - to make it easy for the presenters to pick the right one.
But, of course, there are other conferences and opportunities [1] to
spread the word for LibO, so I've made a "neutral" template (exchanging
the Paris logo with the LibreOffice community logo, adapting meta-data
and documentation).

So, both the LibreOffice Conference 2011 Presentation Template and the
LibreOffice Community Template are ready to be uploaded ... currently
I'm trying to trial-and-error the Template Repository. I hope to have
some first "review result" as soon as possible to upload the first
template.

> Do you think the branding should be removed beforehand? Or should maybe
> both - the branded and the unbranded Version be uploaded?
> I could remove the motif etc. if you don't mind.

Mmh, if we still talk about templates for the LibreOffice community,
then the (community, non-TDF) logo and the motif are visual items agreed
upon. If your adaptations aim for a more general use ... sure ... then I
think its essential to remove them. So, please go ahead ...

Cheers,
Christoph

[1] A link sent by Drew ...
http://www.scribd.com/doc/63955944/Presentation-Portuguese-IT-and-LibreOffice-Open-Manual-%E2%80%93-Because-our-Schools-need-options]

Kévin PEIGNOT-2 Kévin PEIGNOT-2

Re: LibreOffice Presentation Templates

Hy

sorry for not being very active these times, I'm very (very (very)) busy. I
want to make my template better, but I have to learn how to use master pages
first (what I do not have time these days), but as soon as the template is
ready, I Upload it to template repository.

I would like to congratulate all of you for the Libo conf default template :
it is perfect !

Kévin

Envoyé depuis l'interface Gmail des Google Apps : Votre Gmail personnalisé !

2011/9/18 Christoph Noack <[hidden email]>

> Hi Alexander!
>
> Am Sonntag, den 18.09.2011, 00:02 +0200 schrieb Alexander Wilms:
> > Hi Christoph,
> >
> > nice to to see you 'back' :).
>
> Hehe, thanks :-)
>
> > It just came to my mind that I joined this mailing list some time ago to
> > ask for a template repository and and whether you could upload your
> > template for the LibreOffice Conference.
> > As the extension/template-center is now online I wondered whether you
> > could upload those three templates (if Kevin agrees regarding his
> > template):
> >
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Whiteboards/ConferenceTemplates.
>
> Oh, this is a most excellent idea ... I totally missed that opportunity
> until now :-) However, I propose to have a slightly different
> procedure ... e.g. the template by Kevin is rather a presentation (the
> master pages are not used, or still contain other objects).
>
> Thus, concerning the conference template (Paris 2011), I'd like keep
> only one - to make it easy for the presenters to pick the right one.
> But, of course, there are other conferences and opportunities [1] to
> spread the word for LibO, so I've made a "neutral" template (exchanging
> the Paris logo with the LibreOffice community logo, adapting meta-data
> and documentation).
>
> So, both the LibreOffice Conference 2011 Presentation Template and the
> LibreOffice Community Template are ready to be uploaded ... currently
> I'm trying to trial-and-error the Template Repository. I hope to have
> some first "review result" as soon as possible to upload the first
> template.
>
> > Do you think the branding should be removed beforehand? Or should maybe
> > both - the branded and the unbranded Version be uploaded?
> > I could remove the motif etc. if you don't mind.
>
> Mmh, if we still talk about templates for the LibreOffice community,
> then the (community, non-TDF) logo and the motif are visual items agreed
> upon. If your adaptations aim for a more general use ... sure ... then I
> think its essential to remove them. So, please go ahead ...
>
> Cheers,
> Christoph
>
> [1] A link sent by Drew ...
>
> http://www.scribd.com/doc/63955944/Presentation-Portuguese-IT-and-LibreOffice-Open-Manual-%E2%80%93-Because-our-Schools-need-options
> ]

Ivan M. Ivan M.

Re: Private stuff: It seems that I'm back :-)

Hi Christoph, all,

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 8:12 AM, Christoph Noack <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> a few months ago I've said that I will be "offline" for some time ...
> because of very good family reasons [1] *g*
>
> In the last weeks, I found myself involved in numerous topics, bug
> reports, discussions on libo-ux-advise, the Munich Hackfest, some LibO
> conference preparation, and SC stuff. It seems that I'm somehow back ...
> and I'm enjoying it (and my family, of course).

I'm happy to see that you found a way to balance the two. Of course,
you know which one is more important (the one in brackets :P), but I
certainly appreciate your presence on this list!

> Still, I'm unsure how much time will be available - so far it works
> rather well. My personal goal is to slowly but steadily continue to work
> with you all on the items we've listed on the WhatWeNeed page [2]. Some
> points have been addressed so far, many points are still open ...

Indeed; baby steps first :)

Regards,
Ivan.

Alexander Wilms Alexander Wilms

Re: LibreOffice Presentation Templates

Hi Christoph,

Yes, I thought it would be nice to have the official LibreOffice version
online and one version which will simply be created by removing the
branding each time the original template gets updated.
I edited the conference template:
http://ubuntuone.com/6Ho5k7EXePQLMBNSO94Mmm
After having a trial-and-error approach like last time this time editing
the master pages was a lot easier :) , still I wondered how to include a
placeholder for images. And the text line at the bottom doesn't adapt
when I change the title of the slideshow., what do I need to do?

Greetings

Alex

Am Montag, den 19.09.2011, 20:43 +0200 schrieb Alexander Wilms:
> Hi Christoph,
>
> Yes, I thought it would be nice to have the official LibreOffice version
> online and one version which will simply be created by removing the
> branding each time the original template gets updated.
> I edited the conference template:
> http://ubuntuone.com/6Ho5k7EXePQLMBNSO94Mmm

Ah, now I get it. I did it a bit differently - I kept all the branding
elements like the motif etc. and replaced the Paris logo with the
LibreOffice logo. So it looks very similar, but (hopefully) helps to
spread the word. Please see ... below.

Since I don't want to add another file to the Wiki (there are enough
outdated templates), I CC our test-list that still features our nice
LibO Attachment Service. Consequently, the mail (and the attachment)
should be available there for download ... and it helps testing the
service ;-)

Here are the archives:
http://www.mail-archive.com/test@.../

> After having a trial-and-error approach like last time this time editing
> the master pages was a lot easier :) , still I wondered how to include a
> placeholder for images. And the text line at the bottom doesn't adapt
> when I change the title of the slideshow., what do I need to do?

There is no (simple) placeholder for images - you can only set the
"bounding box" for the elements that get added via the "Layout"
selection. If the user choses a layout with two pictures, the bounding
box gets filled with two placeholders.

Concerning the footnote - I omitted the one from the document
properties, since there is a native (but weird) function for it. For
example, users might want to have some kind of section handling
(heading), then the document properties don't work.
Hint: The description how to use the footers is on slide 2 in the
LibOConf presentation (or slide 3 in your adaption), since I've added it
for the presentation authors.

By the way, does anybody know how long to wait if I request approval for
the "project" in the Template Center? I've clicked on it yesterday, but
still no approval ... thus no chance to upload anything. Maybe I did it
wrong, but I was also unable to locate documentation for that.

Cheers,
Christoph

> Am 18.09.2011 23:16, schrieb Christoph Noack:
> > Hi Alexander!
> >
> > Am Sonntag, den 18.09.2011, 00:02 +0200 schrieb Alexander Wilms:
> >> Hi Christoph,
> >>
> >> nice to to see you 'back' :).
> > Hehe, thanks :-)
> >
> >> It just came to my mind that I joined this mailing list some time ago to
> >> ask for a template repository and and whether you could upload your
> >> template for the LibreOffice Conference.
> >> As the extension/template-center is now online I wondered whether you
> >> could upload those three templates (if Kevin agrees regarding his
> >> template):
> >> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Whiteboards/ConferenceTemplates.
> > Oh, this is a most excellent idea ... I totally missed that opportunity
> > until now :-) However, I propose to have a slightly different
> > procedure ... e.g. the template by Kevin is rather a presentation (the
> > master pages are not used, or still contain other objects).
> >
> > Thus, concerning the conference template (Paris 2011), I'd like keep
> > only one - to make it easy for the presenters to pick the right one.
> > But, of course, there are other conferences and opportunities [1] to
> > spread the word for LibO, so I've made a "neutral" template (exchanging
> > the Paris logo with the LibreOffice community logo, adapting meta-data
> > and documentation).
> >
> > So, both the LibreOffice Conference 2011 Presentation Template and the
> > LibreOffice Community Template are ready to be uploaded ... currently
> > I'm trying to trial-and-error the Template Repository. I hope to have
> > some first "review result" as soon as possible to upload the first
> > template.
> >
> >> Do you think the branding should be removed beforehand? Or should maybe
> >> both - the branded and the unbranded Version be uploaded?
> >> I could remove the motif etc. if you don't mind.
> > Mmh, if we still talk about templates for the LibreOffice community,
> > then the (community, non-TDF) logo and the motif are visual items agreed
> > upon. If your adaptations aim for a more general use ... sure ... then I
> > think its essential to remove them. So, please go ahead ...
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Christoph
> >
> > [1] A link sent by Drew ...
> > http://www.scribd.com/doc/63955944/Presentation-Portuguese-IT-and-LibreOffice-Open-Manual-%E2%80%93-Because-our-Schools-need-options]

Andreas Mantke Andreas Mantke

Re: LibreOffice Presentation Templates

Hi Christoph, *,

Am Montag, 19. September 2011, 21:13:09 schrieb Christoph Noack:
(...)
> By the way, does anybody know how long to wait if I request approval for
> the "project" in the Template Center? I've clicked on it yesterday, but
> still no approval ... thus no chance to upload anything. Maybe I did it
> wrong, but I was also unable to locate documentation for that.

it depends on my available spare time at the moment. There are place for some more
reviewer volunteers.

I changed the metadata of the project from English to language neutral, because that
is currently the needed setting, thus user with all language setting could see your
project and the releases.

You can go ahead now with creating a release and uploading the file. Please check the
metadata of the release-site and the downloadable file, that they are language
neutral (not English or another language).

This is an issue with Lingua Plone, that I'm aware of. I had to file a bug report for
this in the next days ;-)

Regards,
Andreas
--
## Developer LibreOffice
## http://LibreOffice.org

Alexander Wilms Alexander Wilms

Re: LibreOffice Presentation Templates

Hi Christopher,

> Since I don't want to add another file to the Wiki (there are enough
> outdated templates), I CC our test-list that still features our nice
> LibO Attachment Service. Consequently, the mail (and the attachment)
> should be available there for download ... and it helps testing the
> service ;-)
Sorry, I couldn't find your attachment.

> Ah, now I get it. I did it a bit differently - I kept all the branding
> elements like the motif etc. and replaced the Paris logo with the
> LibreOffice logo. So it looks very similar, but (hopefully) helps to
> spread the word. Please see ... below.

Now _I_ understand, too :). Apparently what I have in mind is currently
not possible.
But it would be a neat feature for the future to be able to define areas
where the user could insert text, pictures or tables, which don't get
affected by the change of those predefined layouts.

> Concerning the footnote - I omitted the one from the document
> properties, since there is a native (but weird) function for it. For
> example, users might want to have some kind of section handling
> (heading), then the document properties don't work.

In my opinion, in this case the footnote should be left empty, so only
if the user actually enables it, the text should be shown. Another
option would be to enable it by default, but use a little description
how to change it à la "Use the footer/header dialogue to customize it".

Greetings

Alex

bedipp bedipp

Christoph Noack schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> a few months ago I've said that I will be "offline" for some time ...
> because of very good family reasons [1] *g*
>
> In the last weeks, I found myself involved in numerous topics, bug
> reports, discussions on libo-ux-advise, the Munich Hackfest, some LibO
> conference preparation, and SC stuff. It seems that I'm somehow back ...
> and I'm enjoying it (and my family, of course).

You've been more active than most of us during the time you called
"parental leave" or "baby pause"...

Keep trying to find the right way between personal and family life on
the one and LibreOffice on the other side.

> Still, I'm unsure how much time will be available - so far it works
> rather well. My personal goal is to slowly but steadily continue to work
> with you all on the items we've listed on the WhatWeNeed page [2]. Some
> points have been addressed so far, many points are still open ...

Besides the points you mentioned there is one thing I'd like to finish
now that you are back officially.

It's a follow-up of the thread we discussed in May/June: "Flying the
ship..."
(http://www.mail-archive.com/design@.../msg02221.html)

I'll reply to this last mail soon...

Best regards

and "Welcome back :-)"

Bernhard

Christoph Noack Christoph Noack

Re: LibreOffice Presentation Templates

Hi Alexander,

I currently miss the time to upload the default template to the template
repository, so I've added it to the marketing pages in the meantime:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Material#Templates

Cheers,
Christoph

David Nelson David Nelson

Re: LibreOffice Presentation Templates

Hi Christoph,

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 11:41 PM, Christoph Noack
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
>
> I currently miss the time to upload the default template to the template
> repository, so I've added it to the marketing pages in the meantime:
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Material#Templates

I've added this template to the Alfresco repository. I'll create an
account for you there, because maybe you'd like to take a look at
Alfresco as a storage medium.

You can preview and read online any document that can be opened by
LibreOffice (the Alfresco repository uses 3.3), including PDFs and all
common graphic formats, and all the media can be browsed and
downloaded by the public at http://media.libreoffice.org

I'm working on providing the same full-featured interface at
media.libreoffice.org as on alfresco.libreoffice.org, and may be able
to do that by next week.

I'd invite any interested people to give me a heads-up if you want a
user account.

--
David Nelson

Alexander Wilms Alexander Wilms

Re: LibreOffice Presentation Templates

Hi David,

I think Christoph wanted to upload the templates to this repository: http://templates-test.libreoffice.org/template-center

Should media.libreoffice.org be an alternative or rather for internal document exchange?

Alex

---- On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 09:36:41 +0200 David Nelson &lt;[hidden email]&gt; wrote ----

Hi Christoph,

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 11:41 PM, Christoph Noack
&lt;[hidden email]&gt; wrote:
&gt; Hi Alexander,
&gt;
&gt; I currently miss the time to upload the default template to the template
&gt; repository, so I've added it to the marketing pages in the meantime:
&gt; http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Material#Templates

I've added this template to the Alfresco repository. I'll create an
account for you there, because maybe you'd like to take a look at
Alfresco as a storage medium.

You can preview and read online any document that can be opened by
LibreOffice (the Alfresco repository uses 3.3), including PDFs and all
common graphic formats, and all the media can be browsed and
downloaded by the public at http://media.libreoffice.org

I'm working on providing the same full-featured interface at
media.libreoffice.org as on alfresco.libreoffice.org, and may be able
to do that by next week.

I'd invite any interested people to give me a heads-up if you want a
user account.

--
David Nelson

David Nelson David Nelson

Re: LibreOffice Presentation Templates

Hi Alex,

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 1:47 PM, alexander.wilms
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Should media.libreoffice.org be an alternative or rather for internal document exchange?

I guess the way it's entirely up to the Design team how they might use
alfresco.libreoffice.org and media.libreoffice.org

alfresco.libreoffice.org is where you would have to log in to do work
such as upload stuff, create directory structures, follow workflows
(if designed), etc.

media.libreoffice.org is the public browser portal to browse and
download content, and will shortly have the same interface as
alfresco.libreoffice.org.

--
David Nelson