Problem Installing Dictionaries

Jonathan Allen Jonathan Allen

Problem Installing Dictionaries

Hi All,

I'm having problems installing the English dictionaires into LO.  This is
with LO on a fully up-to-date Fedora 23 laptop.  The .oxt file downloads
and appears to start.  Then I get a valid but empty pop-up screen with just
an 'OK' button, while the blue progress bar flashes on a fairly rapid but
intermittent basis.  Otherwise LO is completely unresponsive and needs to
'Force Quit' to back out.  This happens both as 'root' and an ordinary user.

How can I move forward from here and install the dictonaries so that the
spell-check and thesaurus options start working?

Jonathan

Piet van Oostrum-2 Piet van Oostrum-2

Re: Problem Installing Dictionaries

Jonathan Allen wrote:

 > Hi All,
 >
 > I'm having problems installing the English dictionaires into LO.  This is
 > with LO on a fully up-to-date Fedora 23 laptop.  The .oxt file downloads
 > and appears to start.  Then I get a valid but empty pop-up screen with just
 > an 'OK' button, while the blue progress bar flashes on a fairly rapid but
 > intermittent basis.  Otherwise LO is completely unresponsive and needs to
 > 'Force Quit' to back out.  This happens both as 'root' and an ordinary user.
 >
 > How can I move forward from here and install the dictonaries so that the
 > spell-check and thesaurus options start working?

I have seen that happen also on Mac OS X. When opening a .oxt file, LO hangs. Better go to Tools > Extension Manager > Add.
--
Piet van Oostrum <[hidden email]>
WWW: http://pietvanoostrum.com/