Problem building in Gerrit, Windows only.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Giuseppe Castagno Giuseppe Castagno
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problem building in Gerrit, Windows only.

Hi all,

a patch of mine:
<https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/30036/4>
always fails in Gerrit Windows build machine in test
PythonTest_solenv_python:
<http://ci.libreoffice.org/job/lo_gerrit/1657/Config=windows_msc_dbgutil_32/console>

Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce it on my Window 10 build machine
(Win10 64bit, VS2013 64bit, LO 32bit) , where that same test doesn't fail.

I need help, because I have no idea what's going on.
May be make internal error, as stated in these build log lines:

"
make[3]: Entering directory
'/home/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit/Config/windows_msc_dbgutil_32/solenv/qa/python/selftest'
make[3]: *** internal error: invalid --jobserver-fds string
'gmake_semaphore_5488'.  Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory
'/home/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit/Config/windows_msc_dbgutil_32/solenv/qa/python/selftest'
"
can give some hint?

Following is the make version I use on Windows 10:
"
$ d:/lode/opt/bin/make --version
GNU Make 4.0
Built for Windows32
Copyright (C) 1988-2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
"
Help appreciated, thanks.

--
Kind Regards,
Giuseppe Castagno
Acca Esse http://www.acca-esse.eu
giuseppe.castagno at acca-esse.eu
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
sberg sberg
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem building in Gerrit, Windows only.

On 10/20/2016 09:13 AM, Giuseppe Castagno wrote:

> a patch of mine:
> <https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/30036/4>
> always fails in Gerrit Windows build machine in test
> PythonTest_solenv_python:
> <http://ci.libreoffice.org/job/lo_gerrit/1657/Config=windows_msc_dbgutil_32/console>
>
>
> Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce it on my Window 10 build machine
> (Win10 64bit, VS2013 64bit, LO 32bit) , where that same test doesn't fail.
>
> I need help, because I have no idea what's going on.
> May be make internal error, as stated in these build log lines:
>
> "
> make[3]: Entering directory
> '/home/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit/Config/windows_msc_dbgutil_32/solenv/qa/python/selftest'
>
> make[3]: *** internal error: invalid --jobserver-fds string
> 'gmake_semaphore_5488'.  Stop.
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> '/home/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit/Config/windows_msc_dbgutil_32/solenv/qa/python/selftest'
>
> "
> can give some hint?

Looking at
<http://ci.libreoffice.org/job/lo_gerrit/Config=windows_msc_dbgutil_32/>,
quite a number of the recent master Gerrit/Jenkins Windows builds are
red, and, scanning through their console output, quite a number fail
with the same "ERROR: test_gbuildtoide (gbuildtoide.CheckGbuildToIde)"
as your
<http://ci.libreoffice.org/job/lo_gerrit/1657/Config=windows_msc_dbgutil_32/console>.

Looks like there is still problems there after
<https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=f5c54089b50718abf7c35aa81b150c509809d5c4>
"prep WinResTarget for WNT in testdir".  Björn?
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Bjoern Michaelsen Bjoern Michaelsen
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem building in Gerrit, Windows only.

In reply to this post by Giuseppe Castagno
Hi,

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 09:13:01AM +0200, Giuseppe Castagno wrote:

> Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce it on my Window 10 build machine
> (Win10 64bit, VS2013 64bit, LO 32bit) , where that same test doesn't fail.
>
> I need help, because I have no idea what's going on.
> May be make internal error, as stated in these build log lines:
>
> "
> make[3]: Entering directory '/home/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit/Config/windows_msc_dbgutil_32/solenv/qa/python/selftest'
> make[3]: *** internal error: invalid --jobserver-fds string
> 'gmake_semaphore_5488'.  Stop.
> make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit/Config/windows_msc_dbgutil_32/solenv/qa/python/selftest'
> "
> can give some hint?

Well, this commit:

 https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/29825/

passed CI on Windows and everywhere else:

 http://ci.libreoffice.org/job/lo_gerrit/1555/

but apparently Windows in its eternal wisdom decided to randomly break in
interesting ways. If the problem remains, feel free to revert that commit.

Best,

Bjoern
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Michael Stahl-2 Michael Stahl-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem building in Gerrit, Windows only.

In reply to this post by sberg
On 20.10.2016 10:52, Stephan Bergmann wrote:

> On 10/20/2016 09:13 AM, Giuseppe Castagno wrote:
>> a patch of mine:
>> <https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/30036/4>
>> always fails in Gerrit Windows build machine in test
>> PythonTest_solenv_python:
>> <http://ci.libreoffice.org/job/lo_gerrit/1657/Config=windows_msc_dbgutil_32/console>
>>
>>
>> Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce it on my Window 10 build machine
>> (Win10 64bit, VS2013 64bit, LO 32bit) , where that same test doesn't fail.
>>
>> I need help, because I have no idea what's going on.
>> May be make internal error, as stated in these build log lines:
>>
>> "
>> make[3]: Entering directory
>> '/home/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit/Config/windows_msc_dbgutil_32/solenv/qa/python/selftest'
>>
>> make[3]: *** internal error: invalid --jobserver-fds string
>> 'gmake_semaphore_5488'.  Stop.
>> make[3]: Leaving directory
>> '/home/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit/Config/windows_msc_dbgutil_32/solenv/qa/python/selftest'
>>
>> "
>> can give some hint?
>
> Looking at
> <http://ci.libreoffice.org/job/lo_gerrit/Config=windows_msc_dbgutil_32/>,
> quite a number of the recent master Gerrit/Jenkins Windows builds are
> red, and, scanning through their console output, quite a number fail
> with the same "ERROR: test_gbuildtoide (gbuildtoide.CheckGbuildToIde)"
> as your
> <http://ci.libreoffice.org/job/lo_gerrit/1657/Config=windows_msc_dbgutil_32/console>.
>
> Looks like there is still problems there after
> <https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=f5c54089b50718abf7c35aa81b150c509809d5c4>
> "prep WinResTarget for WNT in testdir".  Björn?

if i insert a "subprocess.check_call(['/bin/sh', '-c', 'set'])" in that
test i see these variables:

MAKEFLAGS='rs -j --jobserver-fds=3,4'
MAKELEVEL=2
MAKE_TERMERR=/dev/pts/4
MAKE_TERMOUT=/dev/pts/4

but not MAKE itself so the test just invokes the first make in the PATH.

let's try if this helps:
 https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/30226


_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Michael Stahl-2 Michael Stahl-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem building in Gerrit, Windows only.

On 24.10.2016 14:20, Michael Stahl wrote:

> On 20.10.2016 10:52, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
>> On 10/20/2016 09:13 AM, Giuseppe Castagno wrote:
>>> a patch of mine:
>>> <https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/30036/4>
>>> always fails in Gerrit Windows build machine in test
>>> PythonTest_solenv_python:
>>> <http://ci.libreoffice.org/job/lo_gerrit/1657/Config=windows_msc_dbgutil_32/console>
>>>
>>>
>>> Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce it on my Window 10 build machine
>>> (Win10 64bit, VS2013 64bit, LO 32bit) , where that same test doesn't fail.
>>>
>>> I need help, because I have no idea what's going on.
>>> May be make internal error, as stated in these build log lines:
>>>
>>> "
>>> make[3]: Entering directory
>>> '/home/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit/Config/windows_msc_dbgutil_32/solenv/qa/python/selftest'
>>>
>>> make[3]: *** internal error: invalid --jobserver-fds string
>>> 'gmake_semaphore_5488'.  Stop.
>>> make[3]: Leaving directory
>>> '/home/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit/Config/windows_msc_dbgutil_32/solenv/qa/python/selftest'
>>>
>>> "
>>> can give some hint?
>>
>> Looking at
>> <http://ci.libreoffice.org/job/lo_gerrit/Config=windows_msc_dbgutil_32/>,
>> quite a number of the recent master Gerrit/Jenkins Windows builds are
>> red, and, scanning through their console output, quite a number fail
>> with the same "ERROR: test_gbuildtoide (gbuildtoide.CheckGbuildToIde)"
>> as your
>> <http://ci.libreoffice.org/job/lo_gerrit/1657/Config=windows_msc_dbgutil_32/console>.
>>
>> Looks like there is still problems there after
>> <https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=f5c54089b50718abf7c35aa81b150c509809d5c4>
>> "prep WinResTarget for WNT in testdir".  Björn?
>
> if i insert a "subprocess.check_call(['/bin/sh', '-c', 'set'])" in that
> test i see these variables:
>
> MAKEFLAGS='rs -j --jobserver-fds=3,4'
> MAKELEVEL=2
> MAKE_TERMERR=/dev/pts/4
> MAKE_TERMOUT=/dev/pts/4
>
> but not MAKE itself so the test just invokes the first make in the PATH.
>
> let's try if this helps:
>  https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/30226

this succeeded on the same "tb72" that produced the above failed build
log, so i've pushed it to master now.


_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Bjoern Michaelsen Bjoern Michaelsen
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem building in Gerrit, Windows only.

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 09:43:30PM +0200, Michael Stahl wrote:
> this succeeded on the same "tb72" that produced the above failed build
> log, so i've pushed it to master now.

Thanks, I didnt see this, as I was booted into the world of pain (Windows)
myself yesterday to fix this and some more and thus did look at email.

Pushed the test harness to be a bit tigher with:

 https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/30293/

which succeeds on my Linux and Windows machines. Sadly the test on Windows is
15 times slower, which is a pain. Likely the full test needs to be moved out of
subsequenttest (e.g. into stagingtest), with only a smaller smoketest staying
in subsequenttest.

Best,

Bjoern
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice