Problem cannot connect to server

OogieM OogieM

Problem cannot connect to server

For some reason starting today I cannot create a new LO write document or edit an  old one and save it or save as without getting an error message "There was a problem connecting to the server " and the name of a shared system that I occasionally have connected to my Mac.

I looked for similar issues and found 2 possible fixes, one was to verify that I didn't have anything in the paths that mentioned that server (I didn't) the other was to reset my user profile. Which I did but it hasn't helped.

I see the issue has been around since 2011.

What things can I try now since I can't save or create new files with this problem?

Eugenie (Oogie) McGuire
Desert Weyr, LLC - Black Welsh Mountain Sheep http://www.desertweyr.com/
LambTracker - Open Source SW for Shepherds http://www.lambtracker.com
Paonia, CO USA

Cley Faye Cley Faye

Re: Problem cannot connect to server

2013/12/7 Oogie McGuire <[hidden email]>

> For some reason starting today I cannot create a new LO write document or
> edit an  old one and save it or save as without getting an error message
> "There was a problem connecting to the server " and the name of a shared
> system that I occasionally have connected to my Mac.
>
> I looked for similar issues and found 2 possible fixes, one was to verify
> that I didn't have anything in the paths that mentioned that server (I
> didn't) the other was to reset my user profile. Which I did but it hasn't
> helped.
>
> I see the issue has been around since 2011.
>
> What things can I try now since I can't save or create new files with this
> problem?

If you're certain there is no configured path referencing ​​the shared
directory, maybe it's the open dialog that try to reference it. Not sure if
the option is available under a mac, but you could try enabling the
Libreoffice open/save dialog (in the options dialog, under
Libreoffice->General). It might work around the issue to toggle it.

OogieM OogieM

Re: Problem cannot connect to server

Yes I am sure there is nothing in the path.

I can't find anything related to an  open save dialog in the preferences for LO in the General or any other tab.

 There is no Options dialog on the Mac

So I have no idea what you are talking about.

I've been through every single preference pane and can't find anything related to the server at all
On Dec 7, 2013, at 2:24 PM, Gabriel Risterucci <[hidden email]> wrote:

> f you're certain there is no configured path referencing ​​the shared
> directory, maybe it's the open dialog that try to reference it. Not sure if
> the option is available under a mac, but you could try enabling the
> Libreoffice open/save dialog (in the options dialog, under
> Libreoffice->General). It might work around the issue to toggle it.

Eugenie (Oogie) McGuire
Desert Weyr, LLC - Black Welsh Mountain Sheep http://www.desertweyr.com/
LambTracker - Open Source SW for Shepherds http://www.lambtracker.com
Paonia, CO USA

Cley Faye Cley Faye

Re: Problem cannot connect to server

It looks like this:
http://i.imgur.com/yof8zRc.png

maybe the option isn't available on mac, but I doubt that the entire
"Options" dialog got cut.

--
Cley Faye
http://cleyfaye.net

2013/12/7 Oogie McGuire <[hidden email]>

> Yes I am sure there is nothing in the path.
>
> I can't find anything related to an  open save dialog in the preferences
> for LO in the General or any other tab.
>
>  There is no Options dialog on the Mac
>
> So I have no idea what you are talking about.
>
> I've been through every single preference pane and can't find anything
> related to the server at all
> On Dec 7, 2013, at 2:24 PM, Gabriel Risterucci <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > f you're certain there is no configured path referencing ​​the shared
> > directory, maybe it's the open dialog that try to reference it. Not sure
> if
> > the option is available under a mac, but you could try enabling the
> > Libreoffice open/save dialog (in the options dialog, under
> > Libreoffice->General). It might work around the issue to toggle it.
>
> Eugenie (Oogie) McGuire
> Desert Weyr, LLC - Black Welsh Mountain Sheep http://www.desertweyr.com/
> LambTracker - Open Source SW for Shepherds http://www.lambtracker.com
> Paonia, CO USA

OogieM OogieM

Re: Problem cannot connect to server

OK With another look I found that setting. When I do that the server name does not appear in the path to where I an trying to save the files.