Problem downloading 3.4.5 for Mac Intel

Robert Peirce Robert Peirce

Problem downloading 3.4.5 for Mac Intel

I have tried to download this update several times but it always dies
before completion.  I am using the same approach as I would use for any
other app, click on the download button and watch the download bar in
Safari.  Any ideas?  Is there an alternate download site?

Guy Voets Guy Voets

Re: Problem downloading 3.4.5 for Mac Intel

2012/1/28 Robert Peirce <[hidden email]>

> I have tried to download this update several times but it always dies
> before completion.  I am using the same approach as I would use for any
> other app, click on the download button and watch the download bar in
> Safari.  Any ideas?  Is there an alternate download site?

I use Firefox or Chrome to download LibO. Did you try using another browser
than Safari?
I just did a download of LibO 3.4.5 without any proble, less than a minute.
I didn't see another download link, even when you go to one of the
international pages, they bring you back to the same download place in
another language.
Yu could try a bittorrent, but I don't know if the result is better (takes
longer too).

I'd say, try again...
good luck,

--
Guy
using LibO 3.5 and 3.4.5 on a iMac Intel DualCore Lion

Tom Tom

Re: Problem downloading 3.4.5 for Mac Intel

There are a lot of unofficial places.  Maybe this one for Mac?
http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/35446/libreoffice
Sourceforge is often a good place imo
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libreoffice/

Softonic looked like fun
http://libreoffice.en.softonic.com/
http://download.cnet.com/LibreOffice/3000-18483_4-75337651.html

A google search found loads more but those were names i vaguely recognised (apart from the Mac one).

Tom Tom

Re: Problem downloading 3.4.5 for Mac Intel

Another idea might be to try downloading the torrent file and then open that to download the main program.

Torrrents work even if they get interrupted so they are great if your wireless connection drops-out occasionally (perhaps your router might need a reboot or something).  The first file that you download is tiny and just keeps track of which parts you have downloaded so far and which still need to be downloaded.  It also keeps track of how much you have uploaded back to other people to keep track of your kudos ;)

snowshed snowshed

On 1/28/12 6:10 AM, Robert Peirce wrote:
> I have tried to download this update several times but it always dies
> before completion.  I am using the same approach as I would use for any
> other app, click on the download button and watch the download bar in
> Safari.  Any ideas?  Is there an alternate download site?

FWIW, 3.4.5 downloaded fine for me with Safari 5.1.2.

I would try a different browser before I went to an alternate site.
Just my preference.

--
Ken

Mac OS X 10.6.8
Firefox 9.0.1
Thunderbird 9.0.1
LibreOffice 3.4.4

Tom Tom

Re: Problem downloading 3.4.5 for Mac Intel

Hi :)
+1
I guess most people have at least 2 different web-browsers these days so that is likely to be the easiest option.

I still have a weird feeling that it's something to do with a wireless connection and rebooting the router is a good thing to do every once in a while anyway.

On 1/28/12 6:10 AM, Robert Peirce wrote:
> I have tried to download this update several times but it always dies
> before completion.  I am using the same approach as I would use for any
> other app, click on the download button and watch the download bar in
> Safari.  Any ideas?  Is there an alternate download site?

FWIW, 3.4.5 downloaded fine for me with Safari 5.1.2.

I would try a different browser before I went to an alternate site. Just my preference.

-- Ken

Mac OS X 10.6.8
Firefox 9.0.1
Thunderbird 9.0.1
LibreOffice 3.4.4

-- For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: [hidden email]

snowshed snowshed

On 1/28/12 3:01 PM, Tom Davies wrote:
> Hi :)
> +1
> I guess most people have at least 2 different web-browsers these days so that is likely to be the easiest option.
>
> I still have a weird feeling that it's something to do with a wireless connection and rebooting the router is a good thing to do every once in a while anyway.

I'm not sure most people have more than one browser installed,
especially most Mac users.  I would be an exception, I have 3.  The
third is Opera, up to date.  I use them as cross checks when something
if Firefox doesn't work as expected.

Could also be a flakey DSL phone line, too.

--
Ken

Mac OS X 10.6.8
Firefox 9.0.1
Thunderbird 9.0.1
LibreOffice 3.4.4

Alex Thurgood Alex Thurgood

Le 28/01/2012 22:37, Ken Springer a écrit :

> I would try a different browser before I went to an alternate site. Just
> my preference.

I would agree. I've not had any problems when downloading with Chrome or
Firefox on Mac OSX.

Alex