Problem installing 5.4.2 on Win 10

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
MR ZenWiz MR ZenWiz
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problem installing 5.4.2 on Win 10

I have a new computer (for my church - I'm the tech guy), a Dell
Inspiron runnign Win 10.

I downloaded LO 5.4.2 and tried to install it, but every time I start
the installation, it tells me there's an install already in progress
and it refuses to run properly.

LO is not installed.

What do I need to remove to get this to function?  Is it a registry
key or a file somewhere?

(I never have this problem on Linux...)

Thanks.
MR

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
mhenriday mhenriday
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem installing 5.4.2 on Win 10

2017-10-15 18:36 GMT+02:00 MR ZenWiz <[hidden email]>:

> I have a new computer (for my church - I'm the tech guy), a Dell
> Inspiron runnign Win 10.
>
> I downloaded LO 5.4.2 and tried to install it, but every time I start
> the installation, it tells me there's an install already in progress
> and it refuses to run properly.
>
> LO is not installed.
>
> What do I need to remove to get this to function?  Is it a registry
> key or a file somewhere?
>
> (I never have this problem on Linux...)
>
> Thanks.
> MR


​You may find the tips listed on this page (
http://windowsreport.com/another-installation-already-progress-error-windows-10/)
of help.....

Agree that problems of this type - and speaking more generally, others as
well - are much less frequent on the Linux distro I use, *viz*, Linux Mint
18.2....

Henri

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
MR ZenWiz MR ZenWiz
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem installing 5.4.2 on Win 10

On Sun, Oct 15, 2017 at 9:54 AM, M Henri Day <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> You may find the tips listed on this page
> (http://windowsreport.com/another-installation-already-progress-error-windows-10/)
> of help.....
>
> Agree that problems of this type - and speaking more generally, others as
> well - are much less frequent on the Linux distro I use, viz, Linux Mint
> 18.2....
>

That was it.

I should know by now (and not forget) to google first.  I did not know
that Win Installer can only handle one at a time.  Didn't think of it,
really - Linux is the same in that respect.

Many thanks!

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
steveedmonds steveedmonds
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem installing 5.4.2 on Win 10



On 16/10/17 13:31, MR ZenWiz wrote:
> I should know by now (and not forget) to google first.  I did not know
> that Win Installer can only handle one at a time.  Didn't think of it,
> really - Linux is the same in that respect.
Except that Linux allows for multiple package selection in one "install
or update session"

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
zahra a zahra a
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem installing 5.4.2 on Win 10

hello.
i gave the link x86 version of libreoffice to someone who uses windows ten.
he installed it successfully without problem.
is it a new bug in windows ten?
i gave him versions 5.3.0, 5.3.4 and finally 5.3.6 and installation was success.
God bless you!

On 10/16/17, Steve Edmonds <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>
> On 16/10/17 13:31, MR ZenWiz wrote:
>> I should know by now (and not forget) to google first.  I did not know
>> that Win Installer can only handle one at a time.  Didn't think of it,
>> really - Linux is the same in that respect.
> Except that Linux allows for multiple package selection in one "install
> or update session"
>
> --
> To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
> Problems?
> http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
> Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
> All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> deleted
>


--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
www.al-islam.org

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted