Problem with CSS

Wheatbix Wheatbix

Problem with CSS

The text from the 'preformatted' CSS style box on our theme seems to
be overflowing rather than wrapping.

See:
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/4894/selection012g.png

I am not a CSS guru, so I don't really know where to start. Can someone help?

Mike Wheatland

Rimas Kudelis Rimas Kudelis

Re: Problem with CSS

2011.01.27 02:22, Michael Wheatland rašė:
> The text from the 'preformatted' CSS style box on our theme seems to
> be overflowing rather than wrapping.

Michael, but that's what "preformatted" stands for. ;)

> See:
> http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/4894/selection012g.png
>
> I am not a CSS guru, so I don't really know where to start. Can someone help?

I think you should just use a different style for that text. ;)

Rimas

Mike Houben Mike Houben

Re: Problem with CSS

Hi,

i have no possibility to dive into the CSS and HTML Structure in the
moment, but normally with CSS you should be able to cible on the text. In
order to say, that he has not so much place.

And why is there another Typo?! The color and box change is in my eyes
suffisant. The Typo change breaks the User out of the reading flux.

--
Mike Houben
UI - Coding - Animation

http://www.crazyhstudio.net

Wheatbix Wheatbix

Re: Problem with CSS

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 10:20 PM, Rimas Kudelis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2011.01.27 02:22, Michael Wheatland rašė:
>>
>> The text from the 'preformatted' CSS style box on our theme seems to
>> be overflowing rather than wrapping.
>
> Michael, but that's what "preformatted" stands for. ;)
>

>> See:
>> http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/4894/selection012g.png
>>
>> I am not a CSS guru, so I don't really know where to start. Can someone
>> help?
>
> I think you should just use a different style for that text. ;)

Address and preformatted are the only options in the WYSIWYG editor
along with H# tags, both of which overflow the text box.
If another option was available I would use it. Also I don't want to
html code styles, stylesheets are the best way to manage consistency
across the site.

Are there already other styles built into the theme CSS, and if so why
is the editor not picking them up automatically?

2011.01.27 14:54, Michael Wheatland rašė:

> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 10:20 PM, Rimas Kudelis<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> 2011.01.27 02:22, Michael Wheatland rašė:
>>> The text from the 'preformatted' CSS style box on our theme seems to
>>> be overflowing rather than wrapping.
>> Michael, but that's what "preformatted" stands for. ;)
>>

>>> See:
>>> http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/4894/selection012g.png
>>>
>>> I am not a CSS guru, so I don't really know where to start. Can someone
>>> help?
>> I think you should just use a different style for that text. ;)
> Address and preformatted are the only options in the WYSIWYG editor
> along with H# tags, both of which overflow the text box.
> If another option was available I would use it. Also I don't want to
> html code styles, stylesheets are the best way to manage consistency
> across the site.
>
> Are there already other styles built into the theme CSS, and if so why
> is the editor not picking them up automatically?

I think you should check out the other drop-down menu, maybe? ;)

Rimas

Wheatbix Wheatbix

Re: Problem with CSS

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 10:31 PM, Rimas Kudelis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2011.01.27 14:54, Michael Wheatland rašė:
>> Address and preformatted are the only options in the WYSIWYG editor
>> along with H# tags, both of which overflow the text box.
>> If another option was available I would use it. Also I don't want to
>> html code styles, stylesheets are the best way to manage consistency
>> across the site.
>>
>> Are there already other styles built into the theme CSS, and if so why
>> is the editor not picking them up automatically?
>
> I think you should check out the other drop-down menu, maybe? ;)
>
> Rimas

I have tried almost every option in the style dropdown and only 2
work, neither of which is the style I am looking for. ie smaller text,
possibly inside a style box as a note at the top of the article.
'highlight' is one of those styles that is designed for content rather
than theme. Surely this style was not modelled off the LibreOffice
colour scheme? Although if we had LibreOffice official highlighted
text colour inside a grey box, that would be perfect.

Can anyone help with this? A text overflow out of a box just looks very messy.

Mike

2011.01.27 15:01, Rimas Kudelis rašė:

> 2011.01.27 14:54, Michael Wheatland rašė:
>>> Michael, but that's what "preformatted" stands for. ;)

>>> I think you should just use a different style for that text. ;)
>> Address and preformatted are the only options in the WYSIWYG editor
>> along with H# tags, both of which overflow the text box.
>> If another option was available I would use it. Also I don't want to
>> html code styles, stylesheets are the best way to manage consistency
>> across the site.
>>
>> Are there already other styles built into the theme CSS, and if so why
>> is the editor not picking them up automatically?
>
> I think you should check out the other drop-down menu, maybe? ;)

There's a style called "highlight" in that first drop-down. Looks like a
perfect candidate for restyling, cause its name is good, but the looks
could certainly be improved.  :)

Rimas

Mike Houben Mike Houben

Re: Problem with CSS

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 22:35:39 +0930, Michael Wheatland
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 10:31 PM, Rimas Kudelis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> 2011.01.27 14:54, Michael Wheatland rašė:
>>> Address and preformatted are the only options in the WYSIWYG editor
>>> along with H# tags, both of which overflow the text box.
>>> If another option was available I would use it. Also I don't want to
>>> html code styles, stylesheets are the best way to manage consistency
>>> across the site.
>>>
>>> Are there already other styles built into the theme CSS, and if so why
>>> is the editor not picking them up automatically?
>>
>> I think you should check out the other drop-down menu, maybe? ;)
>>
>> Rimas
>
> I have tried almost every option in the style dropdown and only 2
> work, neither of which is the style I am looking for. ie smaller text,
> possibly inside a style box as a note at the top of the article.
> 'highlight' is one of those styles that is designed for content rather
> than theme. Surely this style was not modelled off the LibreOffice
> colour scheme? Although if we had LibreOffice official highlighted
> text colour inside a grey box, that would be perfect.
>
> Can anyone help with this? A text overflow out of a box just looks very
> messy.
>
> Mike

Michael (it's very confusing to see Mike, but it means Michael),

where can I access the CSS file for the Template? Do you know this?
Normally all the styles are defined there!

--
Mike Houben
UI - Coding - Animation

http://www.crazyhstudio.net

Re: Problem with CSS

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 1:22 AM, Michael Wheatland
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> The text from the 'preformatted' CSS style box on our theme seems to
> be overflowing rather than wrapping.
>
> See:
> http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/4894/selection012g.png
>
> I am not a CSS guru, so I don't really know where to start. Can someone help?

Well, you should describe what you actually want to do - as using
preformatted formatting for a "hints" box surely is not the way to go.

As discussed in the confcall, Ivan did offer to come up with some
styles for this kind of stuff (topic was making the features page more
structured/pleasing to the eye). until the weekend.

So to answer: No, there currently are no "hintsbox" or other styles
available in the theme, thus the editor also won't offer it.

And regarding the other question, why does preformatted text also use
a different font: Well, this is expected, as you always use a
fixed-width font for that, since preformattet one is meant to be used
for console-output and similar.

So: Don't use pre for this. If you need this urgently, feel free to
provide the css code that does what you intend and it can be added, if
it can wait, then Ivan will have come up with some styles to use.

(of course I might have misunderstood Ivan's response, and of course
everyone is allowed to propose corresponding css)

ciao
Christian

Wheatbix Wheatbix

Re: Problem with CSS

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 2:21 AM, Christian Lohmaier
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> So: Don't use pre for this. If you need this urgently, feel free to
> provide the css code that does what you intend and it can be added, if
> it can wait, then Ivan will have come up with some styles to use.

This is not an urgent matter, I just noticed the text overflow outside
of the box that the 'pre' text creates from the existing CSS.
We are able to get around this.

Urgently we need to get the WYSIWYG editor working correctly with the
insertion of tables and ability to access the image editing options
for already inserted images.
I raised this in a separate thread.

Michael Wheatland