Problems with mozilla build-tools on WindowsXP

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Rob Snelders Rob Snelders
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problems with mozilla build-tools on WindowsXP

Hi All,

I have followed [1] as a guide to build LO on windows. But when I run
autogen it comes with "Mozilla build tooling incomplete".

I run autogen with the options
--with-mozilla-build='/cygwin/c/mozilla-build and --disable-build-mozilla.

I have also downloaded the prebuild mozilla modules and set them in
moz/zipped

When it failed I downloaded the moztools-static.zip from the
mozilla-buildtools-ftp and put that in the buildtools-directory. But
that also didn't help.

Does anybody knows why this error is given?

[1]
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Windows_Build_Dependencies

--
Greetings,
Rob Snelders
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
foral foral
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems with mozilla build-tools on WindowsXP

hi
I just success build on windows and wrote a note on wiki.
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Foral/Build_Win

around Mozilla, needed to download a lot of stuffs.

(2011/11/24 8:10), Rob Snelders wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have followed [1] as a guide to build LO on windows. But when I run
> autogen it comes with "Mozilla build tooling incomplete".
>
> I run autogen with the options
> --with-mozilla-build='/cygwin/c/mozilla-build and --disable-build-mozilla.
>
> I have also downloaded the prebuild mozilla modules and set them in
> moz/zipped
>
> When it failed I downloaded the moztools-static.zip from the
> mozilla-buildtools-ftp and put that in the buildtools-directory. But
> that also didn't help.
>
> Does anybody knows why this error is given?
>
> [1]
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Windows_Build_Dependencies
>


_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Caolán McNamara Caolán McNamara
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems with mozilla build-tools on WindowsXP

In reply to this post by Rob Snelders
On Thu, 2011-11-24 at 00:10 +0100, Rob Snelders wrote:
> When it failed I downloaded the moztools-static.zip from the
> mozilla-buildtools-ftp and put that in the buildtools-directory. But
> that also didn't help.
>
> Does anybody knows why this error is given?

We need to build "nss", and nss requires the mozilla build tooling under
windows, regardless of whether mozilla itself is built it not. nss is
used by a few things directly by LibreOffice, not just as a build-req
for the mozilla stuff.

Easiest to install the mozilla tools installer from
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/libraries/win32 and run
it, it will install into something like c:\mozilla-tools

and configure with --with-mozilla-build=/c/mozilla-tools (or whereever
it does)

C.

_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Fridrich Strba-3 Fridrich Strba-3
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems with mozilla build-tools on WindowsXP

On 24/11/11 10:14, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> and configure with --with-mozilla-build=/c/mozilla-tools (or whereever
> it does)

I would use --with-mozilla-build=c:/mozilla-tools which is a path that
cygwin understands and the native Windows too.

Cheers

F.
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Regina Henschel Regina Henschel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems with mozilla build-tools on WindowsXP

In reply to this post by foral
Hi,

Makoto Takizawa schrieb:
> hi
> I just success build on windows and wrote a note on wiki.
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Foral/Build_Win
>
> around Mozilla, needed to download a lot of stuffs.

Perhaps you consolidate your things, which are not yet mentioned,
directly into
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnWindowsWithCygwinAndMSVCExpress
and
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Windows_Build_Dependencies

Kind regards
Regina
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
matm matm
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems with mozilla build-tools on WindowsXP

In reply to this post by foral
Hi Makoto

Le Thu, 24 Nov 2011 02:46:53 +0100, Makoto Takizawa  
<[hidden email]> a écrit:

> hi
> I just success build on windows and wrote a note on wiki.
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Foral/Build_Win
  Glad you succeed ! I ma still a bit surprised by the fact you had no  
issue with (x86) in your paths with default autogen.sh & configure.in.

I tried from master and need to tweak variables in Env.host.sh to go  
further. could you confirm you had no prob with that ?

Thanks Mathias

>
> around Mozilla, needed to download a lot of stuffs.
>
> (2011/11/24 8:10), Rob Snelders wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have followed [1] as a guide to build LO on windows. But when I run
>> autogen it comes with "Mozilla build tooling incomplete".
>>
>> I run autogen with the options
>> --with-mozilla-build='/cygwin/c/mozilla-build and  
>> --disable-build-mozilla.
>>
>> I have also downloaded the prebuild mozilla modules and set them in
>> moz/zipped
>>
>> When it failed I downloaded the moztools-static.zip from the
>> mozilla-buildtools-ftp and put that in the buildtools-directory. But
>> that also didn't help.
>>
>> Does anybody knows why this error is given?
>>
>> [1]
>> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Windows_Build_Dependencies
>>
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
foral foral
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems with mozilla build-tools on WindowsXP

Hi Mat.

sorry for late reply.

I was able to build with that option but
Unfortunately I can not build on windows at the moment.
I got error in someplace and have not solved until now.
I will update that wiki when I can solve.

ps
Windows build is too slow so usually I build on Linux.


(24/01/2012 6:58 a.m.), Mat M wrote:

> Hi Makoto
>
> Le Thu, 24 Nov 2011 02:46:53 +0100, Makoto Takizawa
> <[hidden email]> a écrit:
>
>> hi
>> I just success build on windows and wrote a note on wiki.
>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Foral/Build_Win
>  Glad you succeed ! I ma still a bit surprised by the fact you had no
> issue with (x86) in your paths with default autogen.sh & configure.in.
>
> I tried from master and need to tweak variables in Env.host.sh to go
> further. could you confirm you had no prob with that ?
>
> Thanks Mathias
>
>>
>> around Mozilla, needed to download a lot of stuffs.
>>
>> (2011/11/24 8:10), Rob Snelders wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I have followed [1] as a guide to build LO on windows. But when I run
>>> autogen it comes with "Mozilla build tooling incomplete".
>>>
>>> I run autogen with the options
>>> --with-mozilla-build='/cygwin/c/mozilla-build and
>>> --disable-build-mozilla.
>>>
>>> I have also downloaded the prebuild mozilla modules and set them in
>>> moz/zipped
>>>
>>> When it failed I downloaded the moztools-static.zip from the
>>> mozilla-buildtools-ftp and put that in the buildtools-directory. But
>>> that also didn't help.
>>>
>>> Does anybody knows why this error is given?
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Windows_Build_Dependencies
>>>
>>>
>

_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice