Proposed Drupal Frontpage and Genral pages theme -- Drupal Web. Dev. Team

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
31 messages Options
Next » 12
marcpare4 marcpare4
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Proposed Drupal Frontpage and Genral pages theme -- Drupal Web. Dev. Team

The Drupal Website Development Team
(http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website/Drupal#Drupal_Website_Development_Team:)
has been hard at work for the last several days at completing the design
of a proposed Drupal website Frontpage and theme. I would like to offer
thanks to all of the Web Dev. team for the hard "behind the scene work"
at getting this proposal out to the website membership.Special thanks go
to Carlos for his artwork and design suggestions.

We have put these up on the wiki for you to see and discuss. We need
comments on both the Frontpage and general pages theme. Feel free to
question. We are hard at work getting the site ready for early 2011.

Here are the links to the Frontpage and General pages view in .png
formats and the IA (Information Achitecture) and Theme changelog are in
.odt. ... ahem for use with your LibreOffice 3.3 distro. :-)


http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:DrupalFrontpage120.png
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:DrupalGeneral120.png
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:DrupalTheme_Changelog.odt
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:DrupalIA.odt

Cheers

Marc


--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Christian Lohmaier (klammer) Christian Lohmaier (klammer)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposed Drupal Frontpage and Genral pages theme -- Drupal Web. Dev. Team

Hi Marc, *,

On the one hand nice to see that the drupal efforts are making
progress, sad on the other hand that you're also "hiding" the work not
related to drupal itself within the drupal group.

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 12:57 PM, Marc Paré <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:DrupalFrontpage120.png
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:DrupalGeneral120.png
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:DrupalTheme_Changelog.odt
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:DrupalIA.odt

I think they're nice - but then again not tied to drupal, I don't see
anything that cannot be added to silverstripe for example, but that
aside:

I mainly want to remind me that no matter what we have next year, we
will need content up on the site for the release of 3.3.0 much
earlier.

So no matter whether you work on drupal or not, please also think
about the present, not only about the future.

Don't get me wrong please, but I still see that we are lacking content
to put up on the site, be it a drupal one or silverstripe. Without
content, just with nice theme you don't gain anything...

ciao
Christian

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Laurent Espitallier Laurent Espitallier
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposed Drupal Frontpage and Genral pages theme -- Drupal Web. Dev. Team

In reply to this post by marcpare4

Le 23/11/2010 12:57, Marc Paré a écrit :

>
> The Drupal Website Development Team
> (http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website/Drupal#Drupal_Website_Development_Team:)
> has been hard at work for the last several days at completing the
> design of a proposed Drupal website Frontpage and theme. I would like
> to offer thanks to all of the Web Dev. team for the hard "behind the
> scene work" at getting this proposal out to the website
> membership.Special thanks go to Carlos for his artwork and design
> suggestions.
>
> We have put these up on the wiki for you to see and discuss. We need
> comments on both the Frontpage and general pages theme. Feel free to
> question. We are hard at work getting the site ready for early 2011.
>
> Here are the links to the Frontpage and General pages view in .png
> formats and the IA (Information Achitecture) and Theme changelog are
> in .odt. ... ahem for use with your LibreOffice 3.3 distro. :-)
>
>
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:DrupalFrontpage120.png
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:DrupalGeneral120.png
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:DrupalTheme_Changelog.odt
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:DrupalIA.odt
>
> Cheers
>
> Marc
>

Very nice work (user's point of view). Keep it up.

...I love Drupal too I must say ;-)


--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Wheatbix Wheatbix
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposed Drupal Frontpage and Genral pages theme -- Drupal Web. Dev. Team

In reply to this post by Christian Lohmaier (klammer)
On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 1:20 AM, Christian Lohmaier
<[hidden email]> wrote
> So no matter whether you work on drupal or not, please also think
> about the present, not only about the future.

Christian,
I visited the silverstripe test site for the first time and I totally
agree, we do need to get the english part of the site up.
We already have a fair bit of content on the Drupal site which I can
bring over to Silverstripe.

I have signed up under the name Wheatbix. Can you give me authority on
the site to publish
Can you also point me towards instructions on how to work silverstripe
and if there is any planning regarding the content.

Thanks,
Michael Wheatland

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

marcpare4 marcpare4
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposed Drupal Frontpage and Genral pages theme -- Drupal Web. Dev. Team

Le 2010-11-23 15:38, Michael Wheatland a écrit :

> On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 1:20 AM, Christian Lohmaier
> <[hidden email]>  wrote
>> So no matter whether you work on drupal or not, please also think
>> about the present, not only about the future.
>
> Christian,
> I visited the silverstripe test site for the first time and I totally
> agree, we do need to get the english part of the site up.
> We already have a fair bit of content on the Drupal site which I can
> bring over to Silverstripe.
>
> I have signed up under the name Wheatbix. Can you give me authority on
> the site to publish
> Can you also point me towards instructions on how to work silverstripe
> and if there is any planning regarding the content.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael Wheatland
>

let me know if you need anymore help. I will help out too. :-)

Marc


--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Ivan M. Ivan M.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposed Drupal Frontpage and Genral pages theme -- Drupal Web. Dev. Team

In reply to this post by marcpare4
Hi Marc, all,

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 12:57 AM, Marc Paré <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Drupal Website Development Team
> (http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website/Drupal#Drupal_Website_Development_Team:)
> has been hard at work for the last several days at completing the design of
> a proposed Drupal website Frontpage and theme. I would like to offer thanks
> to all of the Web Dev. team for the hard "behind the scene work" at getting
> this proposal out to the website membership.Special thanks go to Carlos for
> his artwork and design suggestions.
>
> We have put these up on the wiki for you to see and discuss. We need
> comments on both the Frontpage and general pages theme. Feel free to
> question. We are hard at work getting the site ready for early 2011.
>
> Here are the links to the Frontpage and General pages view in .png formats
> and the IA (Information Achitecture) and Theme changelog are in .odt. ...
> ahem for use with your LibreOffice 3.3 distro. :-)
>
>
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:DrupalFrontpage120.png
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:DrupalGeneral120.png
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:DrupalTheme_Changelog.odt
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:DrupalIA.odt

I'd like to take this opportunity to invite all the people who have
been working on these mockups to join the design list - be it now, or
when the time comes to discuss the look of the future website - we
need to make these decisions in one place so that our end results are
consistent and fit into a unified design strategy, and we need people
to know where to go if they want to contribute design work.

Any future design that is going to be used on the website will be
discussed on the design list, and we won't be having that discussion
be for quite some time considering that the definition of branding
elements is going to be the focus over the next few months. That means
that the designs proposed here, which use current branding (and make
some of it up themselves), will likely be out of date in a few months'
time.

No one expects the Drupal team to define the look of the website -
there is no such mandate. There are other things we need to focus on
before we begin the new website design - April 2011 is a long time
away (although it'll probably seem short in hindsight) considering the
things the design list has yet to work on.

Regards,
Ivan.

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Christoph Noack Christoph Noack
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposed Drupal Frontpage and Genral pages theme -- Drupal Web. Dev. Team

In reply to this post by marcpare4
Hi Marc,

thanks a lot to the whole team! And of course, thanks for the changelog
etc. I would love to provide detailed feedback, but I really miss the
time at the moment ... so here just a few "instant thoughts" from a UX
perspective (that usually means that we mainly refer to those items that
require tweaking, we mostly skip the positive stuff *g*).

Drupal Frontpage ...

Information Design
      * Visual Hierarchy
              * The most important element (Download) button is hard to
                locate. It misses the "conventional" design being green
                and at a prominent position.
              * The groups/elements miss space to get better separation.
                As people say "space is information".
              * The header graphics (colorful) moves away the attention
                to the more important stuff. It also seems to be
                animated ... so please either keep the site as clean as
                possible and keep the larger header graphic, or remove
                the visual intensity of the header graphic.
              * The text and element sizes are somehow unusual. Some of
                the text is very large, some of the text is tiny.
      * Editorial Content
              * Text like "I need help" may be true, but only few users
                want to hear that they are helpless :-)
              * The "I ..." have been a matter of debate for a long time
                on the OOo website. The "I ..." doesn't add value and
                doesn't help to feel "part of the community".
              * The Web 2.0 stuff (great idea...) seems a bit scary with
                the square brackets. And, it seems to use a lot of
                space ...
       
Layout
      * The layout requires intensive scrolling - some of the
        interesting items for those who are not aware of the activity
        within the community, might miss the news and the blogs.
        Although I do like its presentation.
      * Some items are visually connected to others, although there is
        no information link - e.g. the search box connected to the front
        graphics.

Visual Design
      * The visual design doesn't fit together ... for example, the logo
        at the top got some mirroring (why?), but the remaining items on
        the page show drop shadows - with light from directly above. the
        other items show shadows with light direction "front". Some more
        items are just flat. The text in the header graphics shows
        shadows with light from the right side ... it doesn't create a
        harmonic and consistent impression. Another example: Some of the
        object edges are rounded, some are "sharp".
      * In most cases, websites (and UIs) do look good, if they are
        aligned to a certain grid. Within the current proposal, most of
        the item groups are unrelated / not aligned with other items.
        This would create more "visual stability" and predictability
        (where to look for what).

Accessibility:
      * Elements sometimes do have limited contrast. For example, the
        text in the header graphic is hard to read (white on bright
        green). The "breadcrumb navigation" is black (small font) on
        gray background.

Okay, time is up :-) I hope this criticism is perceived to be helpful
instead of annoying. However, I'm looking forward to see some more
information with regard to the community goals, and thus, the visual
language.

By the way, maybe I have discussed some things not being meant for
discussion. I recommend to use the "Fidelity Matrix" to improve such
kinds of discussions. I blogged about it here:
http://uxopenofficeorg.blogspot.com/2010/05/picture-is-worth-thousand-words.html

Mmh, I just saw the mail by Ivan - so feel invited to discuss that with
some more people on the design list.


Michael and web-site team, sorry for mis-using this thread - I still owe
you some information on the UX workflows and tools. Yet to come :-( But,
has there been any consideration of implementing website analytics /
statistics to further improve the page once it is online?

Bye,
Christoph

Am Dienstag, den 23.11.2010, 06:57 -0500 schrieb Marc Paré:
> We have put these up on the wiki for you to see and discuss. We need
> comments on both the Frontpage and general pages theme. Feel free to
> question. We are hard at work getting the site ready for early 2011.


--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

marcpare4 marcpare4
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposed Drupal Frontpage and Genral pages theme -- Drupal Web. Dev. Team

In reply to this post by Ivan M.
Le 2010-11-23 17:57, Ivan M. a écrit :

>
> I'd like to take this opportunity to invite all the people who have
> been working on these mockups to join the design list - be it now, or
> when the time comes to discuss the look of the future website - we
> need to make these decisions in one place so that our end results are
> consistent and fit into a unified design strategy, and we need people
> to know where to go if they want to contribute design work.

Thanks for the note Ivan. Makes sense to take it to the newly formed
design list. I'll copy the original info to the design list for
reference sake and we can go from there.

>
> Any future design that is going to be used on the website will be
> discussed on the design list, and we won't be having that discussion
> be for quite some time considering that the definition of branding
> elements is going to be the focus over the next few months. That means
> that the designs proposed here, which use current branding (and make
> some of it up themselves), will likely be out of date in a few months'
> time.
>
> No one expects the Drupal team to define the look of the website -
> there is no such mandate. There are other things we need to focus on
> before we begin the new website design - April 2011 is a long time
> away (although it'll probably seem short in hindsight) considering the
> things the design list has yet to work on.
>

I would suggest that April 2011 is closer than we think if we are
interested in implementing a fully tested and working site. But yes, we
need to take into consideration some items on this page:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Work_Items as well as
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website/Drupal_Strategy in minde
before we get to that point.

Let's move it to design.

Marc


--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

marcpare4 marcpare4
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposed Drupal Frontpage and Genral pages theme -- Drupal Web. Dev. Team

In reply to this post by Christoph Noack
Le 2010-11-23 18:38, Christoph Noack a écrit :

> Hi Marc,
>
> thanks a lot to the whole team! And of course, thanks for the changelog
> etc. I would love to provide detailed feedback, but I really miss the
> time at the moment ... so here just a few "instant thoughts" from a UX
> perspective (that usually means that we mainly refer to those items that
> require tweaking, we mostly skip the positive stuff *g*).
>
> Drupal Frontpage ...
>
> Information Design
>        * Visual Hierarchy
>                * The most important element (Download) button is hard to
>                  locate. It misses the "conventional" design being green
>                  and at a prominent position.
>                * The groups/elements miss space to get better separation.
>                  As people say "space is information".
>                * The header graphics (colorful) moves away the attention
>                  to the more important stuff. It also seems to be
>                  animated ... so please either keep the site as clean as
>                  possible and keep the larger header graphic, or remove
>                  the visual intensity of the header graphic.
>                * The text and element sizes are somehow unusual. Some of
>                  the text is very large, some of the text is tiny.
>        * Editorial Content
>                * Text like "I need help" may be true, but only few users
>                  want to hear that they are helpless :-)
>                * The "I ..." have been a matter of debate for a long time
>                  on the OOo website. The "I ..." doesn't add value and
>                  doesn't help to feel "part of the community".
>                * The Web 2.0 stuff (great idea...) seems a bit scary with
>                  the square brackets. And, it seems to use a lot of
>                  space ...
>
> Layout
>        * The layout requires intensive scrolling - some of the
>          interesting items for those who are not aware of the activity
>          within the community, might miss the news and the blogs.
>          Although I do like its presentation.
>        * Some items are visually connected to others, although there is
>          no information link - e.g. the search box connected to the front
>          graphics.
>
> Visual Design
>        * The visual design doesn't fit together ... for example, the logo
>          at the top got some mirroring (why?), but the remaining items on
>          the page show drop shadows - with light from directly above. the
>          other items show shadows with light direction "front". Some more
>          items are just flat. The text in the header graphics shows
>          shadows with light from the right side ... it doesn't create a
>          harmonic and consistent impression. Another example: Some of the
>          object edges are rounded, some are "sharp".
>        * In most cases, websites (and UIs) do look good, if they are
>          aligned to a certain grid. Within the current proposal, most of
>          the item groups are unrelated / not aligned with other items.
>          This would create more "visual stability" and predictability
>          (where to look for what).
>
> Accessibility:
>        * Elements sometimes do have limited contrast. For example, the
>          text in the header graphic is hard to read (white on bright
>          green). The "breadcrumb navigation" is black (small font) on
>          gray background.
>
> Okay, time is up :-) I hope this criticism is perceived to be helpful
> instead of annoying. However, I'm looking forward to see some more
> information with regard to the community goals, and thus, the visual
> language.
>
> By the way, maybe I have discussed some things not being meant for
> discussion. I recommend to use the "Fidelity Matrix" to improve such
> kinds of discussions. I blogged about it here:
> http://uxopenofficeorg.blogspot.com/2010/05/picture-is-worth-thousand-words.html
>
> Mmh, I just saw the mail by Ivan - so feel invited to discuss that with
> some more people on the design list.
>
>
> Michael and web-site team, sorry for mis-using this thread - I still owe
> you some information on the UX workflows and tools. Yet to come :-( But,
> has there been any consideration of implementing website analytics /
> statistics to further improve the page once it is online?
>
> Bye,
> Christoph
>

Thanks for the notes Christoph. This is really helpful. I don't believe
that the website analytics / statistics had been considered at that
point. But IMO these should always be part of large sites like these.

I believe the consensus is to move these conversations to the Design
list. So see you there.


Marc


--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Ivan M. Ivan M.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposed Drupal Frontpage and Genral pages theme -- Drupal Web. Dev. Team

Hi Marc, all,

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 4:10 PM, Marc Paré <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  [...]
> Thanks for the notes Christoph. This is really helpful. I don't believe that
> the website analytics / statistics had been considered at that point. But
> IMO these should always be part of large sites like these.

Just a quick note regarding analytics - I'd heartily recommend Piwik
[1] - it's a self-hosted open source Google Analytics alternative
that's very easy and intuitive to use. Since it's quite well know,
there are Drupal plugins out there allowing integration (e.g. [2]).

Regards,
Ivan.

[1] http://www.piwik.org/
[2] http://drupal.org/project/piwik

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Carlos Jenkins Carlos Jenkins
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposed Drupal Frontpage and Genral pages theme -- Drupal Web. Dev. Team

2010/11/23 Ivan M. <[hidden email]>

> Just a quick note regarding analytics - I'd heartily recommend Piwik
> [1] - it's a self-hosted open source Google Analytics alternative
> that's very easy and intuitive to use. Since it's quite well know,
> there are Drupal plugins out there allowing integration (e.g. [2]).
>
> Regards,
> Ivan.
>
> [1] http://www.piwik.org/
> [2] http://drupal.org/project/piwik

+1 :D

I'll document this in the Drupal wiki pages later.

Kind regards
--
http://www.cjenkins.net/
http://csl-tec.softwarelibrecr.org/

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

klaus-jürgen weghorn ol klaus-jürgen weghorn ol
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposed Drupal Frontpage and Genral pages theme -- Drupal Web. Dev. Team

In reply to this post by marcpare4
Hi Marc,
Am 23.11.2010 12:57, schrieb Marc Paré:
>
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:DrupalFrontpage120.png
What will I see first on a display with 1024x768 pixel or less than
that? Think of all the projectors, netbooks and tablets, presentations
on fairs. Is the website then usable and readable?

--
Salut
k-j

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Carlos Jenkins Carlos Jenkins
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposed Drupal Frontpage and Genral pages theme -- Drupal Web. Dev. Team

2010/11/24 klaus-jürgen weghorn ol <[hidden email]>

> Hi Marc,
> Am 23.11.2010 12:57, schrieb Marc Paré:
>
>
>> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:DrupalFrontpage120.png
>>
> What will I see first on a display with 1024x768 pixel

The same, but almost without the gray borders.


> or less than that?

A horizontal scroll bar.


> Think of all the projectors, netbooks and tablets, presentations on fairs.
> Is the website then usable and readable?
>
This is expected to be a fluid layout, shrinks to 1024px wide and grows up
to 1280px wide (because of line width before break readability issues). This
is acceptable for you? We can think also of a portable devices/small screen
portal with much less prettiness.

Kind regards

--
http://www.cjenkins.net/
http://csl-tec.softwarelibrecr.org/

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Alexandro Colorado Alexandro Colorado
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposed Drupal Frontpage and Genral pages theme -- Drupal Web. Dev. Team

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 01:37:15 -0600, Carlos Jenkins  
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2010/11/24 klaus-jürgen weghorn ol <[hidden email]>
>
>> Hi Marc,
>> Am 23.11.2010 12:57, schrieb Marc Paré:
>>
>>
>>> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:DrupalFrontpage120.png
>>>
>> What will I see first on a display with 1024x768 pixel
>
> The same, but almost without the gray borders.
>
>
>> or less than that?
>
> A horizontal scroll bar.
>
>
>> Think of all the projectors, netbooks and tablets, presentations on  
>> fairs.
>> Is the website then usable and readable?
>>
> This is expected to be a fluid layout, shrinks to 1024px wide and grows  
> up
> to 1280px wide (because of line width before break readability issues).  
> This
> is acceptable for you? We can think also of a portable devices/small  
> screen
> portal with much less prettiness.
>
> Kind regards
>

General rule is preffered to have % on the css and some other type of  
styling tool to increase/decrease fonts. Of course that many desktop  
browsers already have that feature and even the mobile ones have some type  
of zooming tool.

Which tools are you using for CSS, are you using the Blueprint CSS  
framework like the original TDF site?

--
Alexandro Colorado
OOoES A.C - http://oooes.org
GPG: 68D072E6

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Wheatbix Wheatbix
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposed Drupal Frontpage and Genral pages theme -- Drupal Web. Dev. Team

> Which tools are you using for CSS, are you using the Blueprint CSS framework
> like the original TDF site?

The CSS framework will be based off the 'Genesis' Drupal base theme
then modified to match the design when finalised as has been discussed
here before.
There are a lot of core drupal functionality in both the front and
back end which requires adherence to a specific CSS structure for the
common elements.
http://drupal.org/project/genesis

Michael Wheatland

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Alexandro Colorado Alexandro Colorado
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposed Drupal Frontpage and Genral pages theme -- Drupal Web. Dev. Team

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 05:01:19 -0600, Michael Wheatland  
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Which tools are you using for CSS, are you using the Blueprint CSS  
>> framework
>> like the original TDF site?
>
> The CSS framework will be based off the 'Genesis' Drupal base theme
> then modified to match the design when finalised as has been discussed
> here before.
> There are a lot of core drupal functionality in both the front and
> back end which requires adherence to a specific CSS structure for the
> common elements.
> http://drupal.org/project/genesis
>
> Michael Wheatland
>

ok thanks for the info. However I still wonder how adaptive is this theme,  
does it uses % and adaptive rules?

--
Alexandro Colorado

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Wheatbix Wheatbix
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposed Drupal Frontpage and Genral pages theme -- Drupal Web. Dev. Team

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 8:53 PM, Alexandro Colorado <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ok thanks for the info. However I still wonder how adaptive is this theme,
> does it uses % and adaptive rules?

This question is less about the theme and more about the underlying
infrastructure.
Drupal can do almost anything. For this example see:

http://drupal.org/project/textsize

Modules (extensions) are the powerhouse of the drupal system. There
are currently 6958 different modules available.

I hate to say it but "There's an app for that" :)

Michael Wheatland

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Christian Lohmaier (klammer) Christian Lohmaier (klammer)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposed Drupal Frontpage and Genral pages theme -- Drupal Web. Dev. Team

In reply to this post by Wheatbix
Hi *

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 9:38 PM, Michael Wheatland
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 1:20 AM, Christian Lohmaier
> <[hidden email]> wrote
>> So no matter whether you work on drupal or not, please also think
>> about the present, not only about the future.
>
> I have signed up under the name Wheatbix. Can you give me authority on
> the site to publish

Thanks for also posting in a seperate thread and sorry for the delay.

> Can you also point me towards instructions on how to work silverstripe
> and if there is any planning regarding the content.

It is pretty straightforward. After you login to the system, you're
presented with a site-tree hierarchy.
http://frupic.frubar.net/16822
to create a new page, select the page that the new page should be a
child of and use the "create page" button. From the list of available
page-types choose "Page" for a regular page and click add. Then start
adding the title and content to the editor-area.

Use the buttons at the bottom to save / request publication / save and publish.
On the behaviour tab you can select whether it should be listed in the
menu and change the pagetype for an existing page to another one, in
case it is needed.
To rearrange pages, enable the "use drag and drop to reorganize"
function in the site-tree area and use drag and drop to move the page
in the hierarchy.

To upload files/images, go to the Files & Images section. Again it
should be pretty straightforward - there is a folder-hierarchy with
the ability to create new folders, and the folder's themselves have an
"upload" tab where you can upload files from your disk.

in case of any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

ciao
Christian

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Christian Lohmaier (klammer) Christian Lohmaier (klammer)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposed Drupal Frontpage and Genral pages theme -- Drupal Web. Dev. Team

In reply to this post by marcpare4
Hi Marc, *,

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 10:27 PM, Marc Paré <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Le 2010-11-23 15:38, Michael Wheatland a écrit :
>
> let me know if you need anymore help. I will help out too. :-)

Help is always needed, and you're more than welcome to help out :-)

ciao
Christian

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Christian Lohmaier (klammer) Christian Lohmaier (klammer)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposed Drupal Frontpage and Genral pages theme -- Drupal Web. Dev. Team

In reply to this post by Wheatbix
Hi Alexandro, *,

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Michael Wheatland
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 8:53 PM, Alexandro Colorado <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> ok thanks for the info. However I still wonder how adaptive is this theme,
>> does it uses % and adaptive rules?
>
> This question is less about the theme and more about the underlying
> infrastructure.

No, it is a property of the theme, as the underlying infrastructure
just produces html, and how that html then looks is up the the css.

It is the job of the CMS, be it Drupal or Silverstripe to produce html
that can be turned into whatever the designer wants it to be. (I know
silverstripe is flexible enough here, and I'd be surprised if drupal
couldn't be convinced into outputting whatever is neede as well).

The hard thing is when you need to bias style/visual appearance
against "works on every possible screen size".  But that is no
limitation of the CMS, but the css/styling itself. you cannot just
shrink everything for a smaller screensize for example.

The more eye-candy you add, the more difficult it gets of course.

ciao
Christian

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/website/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Next » 12