Protecting Calc formats

steveedmonds steveedmonds

Protecting Calc formats

Hi.
Is it possible to protect the format of calc cells, but still allow
information to be entered.
I.e. allow people to enter from the keyboard but not change the number
format, background colour, conditional format or overwrite any
formatting by pasting into a cell.

Thanks, steve

Brian Barker Brian Barker

Re: Protecting Calc formats

At 20:40 19/09/2018 +1200, Steve Edmonds wrote:
>Is it possible to protect the format of calc cells, but still allow
>information to be entered. I.e. allow people to enter from the
>keyboard but not change the number format, background colour,
>conditional format or overwrite any formatting by pasting into a cell.

Probably not, but there may be a workaround. You could set up two
areas: your real, appropriately formatted and locked area, and
another, unprotected area for users to enter values. The real area
would contain formulae that simply copy the entered values from the
other area. The unprotected area for data entry could be elsewhere on
the same sheet or on another sheet if preferred. You could use print
ranges to make your real area print but not the entry area.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

steveedmonds steveedmonds

Re: Protecting Calc formats