Public agenda for TDF board web meeting on Friday, November 23rd, at 1400, Berlin time

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Marina Latini-4 Marina Latini-4
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Public agenda for TDF board web meeting on Friday, November 23rd, at 1400, Berlin time

Dear Community,
the board will meet again

     on Friday, November 23rd, at 1400, Berlin time

We'll meet using our own Jitsi instance at
     https://jitsi.documentfoundation.org/TDFBoard
or at
     https://meet.jit.si/TDFBoard **ONLY** as fallback.


============
Public part

1) LibreOffice Online for other organizations

2) FOSDEM meeting and agenda

3) quarterly reports

============

If you have something to discuss with the board, please, reply to this
message and join us during the meeting.

ATB,
Marina

--
Marina Latini, Chairwoman of the Board of Directors
Tel: +39 3497482812 | IRC: deneb_alpha on Freenode
GPG key "ID" 0xF010C774 - DAEC 51E7 4316 5FAE EAE0  F256 3DB8 2837 F010 C774
Better use 64-bit 0x3DB82837F010C774 here is why: https://evil32.com/
The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin
Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

htietze htietze
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Public agenda for TDF board web meeting on Friday, November 23rd, at 1400, Berlin time

I'd like to ask again for a decision regarding the MIME icon. Question was if we can find a more appearing icon for LibreOffice or create something more special for TDF (the brand is too close to the product). And I received a request to restart the mascot topic. Belongs to the same topic, somehow.

On 18.11.18 21:20, Marina Latini wrote:

> Dear Community,
> the board will meet again
>
>      on Friday, November 23rd, at 1400, Berlin time
>
> We'll meet using our own Jitsi instance at
>      https://jitsi.documentfoundation.org/TDFBoard
> or at
>      https://meet.jit.si/TDFBoard **ONLY** as fallback.
>
>
> ============
> Public part
>
> 1) LibreOffice Online for other organizations
>
> 2) FOSDEM meeting and agenda
>
> 3) quarterly reports
>
> ============
>
> If you have something to discuss with the board, please, reply to this
> message and join us during the meeting.
>
> ATB,
> Marina
>
--
Dr. Heiko Tietze
UX designer
Tel. +49 (0)179/1268509


signature.asc (499 bytes) Download Attachment
Simon Phipps-2 Simon Phipps-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Public agenda for TDF board web meeting on Friday, November 23rd, at 1400, Berlin time

Since this primarily affects the software would it not be a topic for the ESC?

{Terse? Mobile!}

On Mon, 19 Nov 2018, 11:32 Heiko Tietze <[hidden email] wrote:
I'd like to ask again for a decision regarding the MIME icon. Question was if we can find a more appearing icon for LibreOffice or create something more special for TDF (the brand is too close to the product). And I received a request to restart the mascot topic. Belongs to the same topic, somehow.

On 18.11.18 21:20, Marina Latini wrote:
> Dear Community,
> the board will meet again
>
>      on Friday, November 23rd, at 1400, Berlin time
>
> We'll meet using our own Jitsi instance at
>      https://jitsi.documentfoundation.org/TDFBoard
> or at
>      https://meet.jit.si/TDFBoard **ONLY** as fallback.
>
>
> ============
> Public part
>
> 1) LibreOffice Online for other organizations
>
> 2) FOSDEM meeting and agenda
>
> 3) quarterly reports
>
> ============
>
> If you have something to discuss with the board, please, reply to this
> message and join us during the meeting.
>
> ATB,
> Marina
>

--
Dr. Heiko Tietze
UX designer
Tel. +49 (0)179/1268509

Franklin Weng Franklin Weng
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Public agenda for TDF board web meeting on Friday, November 23rd, at 1400, Berlin time

Besides ESC I would suggest to get some more professional visual designers into this topic.

Simon Phipps <[hidden email]> 於 2018年11月19日 週一 下午6:36寫道:
Since this primarily affects the software would it not be a topic for the ESC?

{Terse? Mobile!}

On Mon, 19 Nov 2018, 11:32 Heiko Tietze <[hidden email] wrote:
I'd like to ask again for a decision regarding the MIME icon. Question was if we can find a more appearing icon for LibreOffice or create something more special for TDF (the brand is too close to the product). And I received a request to restart the mascot topic. Belongs to the same topic, somehow.

On 18.11.18 21:20, Marina Latini wrote:
> Dear Community,
> the board will meet again
>
>      on Friday, November 23rd, at 1400, Berlin time
>
> We'll meet using our own Jitsi instance at
>      https://jitsi.documentfoundation.org/TDFBoard
> or at
>      https://meet.jit.si/TDFBoard **ONLY** as fallback.
>
>
> ============
> Public part
>
> 1) LibreOffice Online for other organizations
>
> 2) FOSDEM meeting and agenda
>
> 3) quarterly reports
>
> ============
>
> If you have something to discuss with the board, please, reply to this
> message and join us during the meeting.
>
> ATB,
> Marina
>

--
Dr. Heiko Tietze
UX designer
Tel. +49 (0)179/1268509



--
Franklin Weng
中華民國軟體自由協會理事長
LibreOffice 導入專家
LibreOffice 法人代表文件基金會董事、認證委員會委員
KDE 協會成員、歐洲自由軟體基金會成員
Simon Phipps-2 Simon Phipps-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Public agenda for TDF board web meeting on Friday, November 23rd, at 1400, Berlin time

I agree but I was considering just the decision-making aspect rather than the implementation.

{Terse? Mobile!}

On Mon, 19 Nov 2018, 12:04 Franklin Weng <[hidden email] wrote:
Besides ESC I would suggest to get some more professional visual designers into this topic.

Simon Phipps <[hidden email]> 於 2018年11月19日 週一 下午6:36寫道:
Since this primarily affects the software would it not be a topic for the ESC?

{Terse? Mobile!}

On Mon, 19 Nov 2018, 11:32 Heiko Tietze <[hidden email] wrote:
I'd like to ask again for a decision regarding the MIME icon. Question was if we can find a more appearing icon for LibreOffice or create something more special for TDF (the brand is too close to the product). And I received a request to restart the mascot topic. Belongs to the same topic, somehow.

On 18.11.18 21:20, Marina Latini wrote:
> Dear Community,
> the board will meet again
>
>      on Friday, November 23rd, at 1400, Berlin time
>
> We'll meet using our own Jitsi instance at
>      https://jitsi.documentfoundation.org/TDFBoard
> or at
>      https://meet.jit.si/TDFBoard **ONLY** as fallback.
>
>
> ============
> Public part
>
> 1) LibreOffice Online for other organizations
>
> 2) FOSDEM meeting and agenda
>
> 3) quarterly reports
>
> ============
>
> If you have something to discuss with the board, please, reply to this
> message and join us during the meeting.
>
> ATB,
> Marina
>

--
Dr. Heiko Tietze
UX designer
Tel. +49 (0)179/1268509



--
Franklin Weng
中華民國軟體自由協會理事長
LibreOffice 導入專家
LibreOffice 法人代表文件基金會董事、認證委員會委員
KDE 協會成員、歐洲自由軟體基金會成員
htietze htietze
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Public agenda for TDF board web meeting on Friday, November 23rd, at 1400, Berlin time

Happy to have green light from the board to continue with a) another MIME icon/different TDF branding topic and b) restarting the mascot thing. Would discuss the procedure with team and ESC, of course.

On 19.11.18 12:07, Simon Phipps wrote:

> I agree but I was considering just the decision-making aspect rather than the implementation.
>
> {Terse? Mobile!}
>
> On Mon, 19 Nov 2018, 12:04 Franklin Weng <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>     Besides ESC I would suggest to get some more professional visual designers into this topic.
>
>     Simon Phipps <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> 於 2018年11月19日 週一 下午6:36寫道:
>
>         Since this primarily affects the software would it not be a topic for the ESC?
>
>         {Terse? Mobile!}
>
>         On Mon, 19 Nov 2018, 11:32 Heiko Tietze <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>             I'd like to ask again for a decision regarding the MIME icon. Question was if we can find a more appearing icon for LibreOffice or create something more special for TDF (the brand is too close to the product). And I received a request to restart the mascot topic. Belongs to the same topic, somehow.
>
>             On 18.11.18 21:20, Marina Latini wrote:
>             > Dear Community,
>             > the board will meet again
>             >
>             >      on Friday, November 23rd, at 1400, Berlin time
>             >
>             > We'll meet using our own Jitsi instance at
>             >      https://jitsi.documentfoundation.org/TDFBoard
>             > or at
>             >      https://meet.jit.si/TDFBoard **ONLY** as fallback.
>             >
>             >
>             > ============
>             > Public part
>             >
>             > 1) LibreOffice Online for other organizations
>             >
>             > 2) FOSDEM meeting and agenda
>             >
>             > 3) quarterly reports
>             >
>             > ============
>             >
>             > If you have something to discuss with the board, please, reply to this
>             > message and join us during the meeting.
>             >
>             > ATB,
>             > Marina
>             >
>
>             --
>             Dr. Heiko Tietze
>             UX designer
>             Tel. +49 (0)179/1268509
>
>
>
>     --
>     Franklin Weng
>     中華民國軟體自由協會理事長
>     LibreOffice 導入專家
>     LibreOffice 法人代表文件基金會董事、認證委員會委員
>     KDE 協會成員、歐洲自由軟體基金會成員
>
--
Dr. Heiko Tietze
UX designer
Tel. +49 (0)179/1268509


signature.asc (499 bytes) Download Attachment
Italo Vignoli-5 Italo Vignoli-5
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Public agenda for TDF board web meeting on Friday, November 23rd, at 1400, Berlin time

In reply to this post by htietze
I strongly support the request for a TDF specific logo/icon, while I
don't think we should reopen the mascot topic because of the comments we
have received during the last Reddit AMA, which clearly show that there
would be flames from a group not involved in the community but vocal
enough to disrupt our process.

On 19/11/2018 10:14, Heiko Tietze wrote:
> I'd like to ask again for a decision regarding the MIME icon. Question was if we can find a more appearing icon for LibreOffice or create something more special for TDF (the brand is too close to the product). And I received a request to restart the mascot topic. Belongs to the same topic, somehow.

--
Italo Vignoli - Marketing & PR
email [hidden email]
mobile/signal +39.348.5653829 - skype italovignoli
hangout/jabber [hidden email]
The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin, DE
Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint
GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0
DB75 1534 3FD0 EA5F 56B5 FDA6 DE82 934C AAB8 D5C0

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

K-J LibreOffice K-J LibreOffice
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Public agenda for TDF board web meeting on Friday, November 23rd, at 1400, Berlin time

In reply to this post by Simon Phipps-2
Am 19.11.2018 um 11:35 schrieb Simon Phipps:
> Since this primarily affects the software would it not be a topic for
> the ESC?

As the brand and all things around that are also legal stuff, the BoD
has to say nothing about it?

As the ESC only "provides *technological* guidance on stratetic matters"
[1] and has skills across development [2] I don't know if this is the
right place to decide about legal stuff.

But perhaps I'm wrong.

[1]
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Organization#Engineering_Steering_Committee_.28ESC.29
[2] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/ESC

--
Grüße
k-j

Member of TheDocumentFoundation
https://www.documentfoundation.org/governance/members/
https://de.libreoffice.org
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

Simon Phipps Simon Phipps
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Public agenda for TDF board web meeting on Friday, November 23rd, at 1400, Berlin time

The BOD would likely need to approve whatever the ESC proposes, sure.

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 11:46 AM K-J LibreOffice <[hidden email]> wrote:
Am 19.11.2018 um 11:35 schrieb Simon Phipps:
> Since this primarily affects the software would it not be a topic for
> the ESC?

As the brand and all things around that are also legal stuff, the BoD
has to say nothing about it?

As the ESC only "provides *technological* guidance on stratetic matters"
[1] and has skills across development [2] I don't know if this is the
right place to decide about legal stuff.

But perhaps I'm wrong.

[1]
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Organization#Engineering_Steering_Committee_.28ESC.29
[2] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/ESC

--
Grüße
k-j

Member of TheDocumentFoundation
https://www.documentfoundation.org/governance/members/
https://de.libreoffice.org
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy



--
Simon Phipps  http://webmink.com
 
Office: +1 (415) 683-7660 or +44 (238) 098 7027
Signal/Mobile:  +44 774 776 2816

htietze htietze
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Public agenda for TDF board web meeting on Friday, November 23rd, at 1400, Berlin time

In reply to this post by Italo Vignoli-5
BoD is always busy so let's focus on the relevant part: do or don't. My understanding was the same as KJ's, nevertheless I'm happy to make an elaborated proposal when there is a good likelihood for acceptance.

On 19.11.18 12:43, Italo Vignoli wrote:
> I strongly support the request for a TDF specific logo/icon, while I
> don't think we should reopen the mascot topic because of the comments we
> have received during the last Reddit AMA, which clearly show that there
> would be flames from a group not involved in the community but vocal
> enough to disrupt our process.
>
> On 19/11/2018 10:14, Heiko Tietze wrote:
>> I'd like to ask again for a decision regarding the MIME icon. Question was if we can find a more appearing icon for LibreOffice or create something more special for TDF (the brand is too close to the product). And I received a request to restart the mascot topic. Belongs to the same topic, somehow.
>

--
Dr. Heiko Tietze
UX designer
Tel. +49 (0)179/1268509


signature.asc (499 bytes) Download Attachment