Python macros do not show

Jim Byrnes Jim Byrnes

Python macros do not show

I just did a fresh install of Mint 20 which comes with LO 6.4xx. I did
Tools-->Macros-->Organize Macros in Cakc but there is no entry for Python.

A few years ago when I did the same thing with Mint 18 I had the same
problem. I thought what I did to fix it was, create a Scripts/python
folder in .config/libreoffice/4/user/Scripts/python and be sure that
uno.py and unohelper.py were in the site-packages folder of my virtual
environment. Also in an effort to get this working I set the security
level for macros to low.

What else do I need to do to get python macros working?

Thanks, Jim

Mauricio Baeza-6 Mauricio Baeza-6

Re: Python macros do not show

On Mon, 2020-09-07 at 21:05 -0500, Jim wrote:

> I just did a fresh install of Mint 20 which comes with LO 6.4xx. I
> did
> Tools-->Macros-->Organize Macros in Cakc but there is no entry for
> Python.
>
> A few years ago when I did the same thing with Mint 18 I had the
> same
> problem. I thought what I did to fix it was, create a Scripts/python
> folder in .config/libreoffice/4/user/Scripts/python and be sure that
> uno.py and unohelper.py were in the site-packages folder of my
> virtual
> environment. Also in an effort to get this working I set the
> security
> level for macros to low.
>
> What else do I need to do to get python macros working?
>
> Thanks, Jim

In Ubuntu 20.04 you need install:

sudo apt install libreoffice-script-provider-python

Perhaps for Mint is necessary too.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Macros/Python_Guide/Introduction

Best regards

Jim Byrnes Jim Byrnes

Re: Python macros do not show

On 9/7/20 9:22 PM, Mauricio Baeza wrote:

> On Mon, 2020-09-07 at 21:05 -0500, Jim wrote:
>> I just did a fresh install of Mint 20 which comes with LO 6.4xx. I
>> did
>> Tools-->Macros-->Organize Macros in Cakc but there is no entry for
>> Python.
>>
>> A few years ago when I did the same thing with Mint 18 I had the
>> same
>> problem. I thought what I did to fix it was, create a Scripts/python
>> folder in .config/libreoffice/4/user/Scripts/python and be sure that
>> uno.py and unohelper.py were in the site-packages folder of my
>> virtual
>> environment. Also in an effort to get this working I set the
>> security
>> level for macros to low.
>>
>> What else do I need to do to get python macros working?
>>
>> Thanks, Jim
>

> In Ubuntu 20.04 you need install:
>
> sudo apt install libreoffice-script-provider-python
>
> Perhaps for Mint is necessary too.
>
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Macros/Python_Guide/Introduction
>

> Best regards

That was the missing piece of the puzzle. They show now.

Thanks,  Jim