[Q] Real Total Cost of migration to Libreoffice?

jihui.choi jihui.choi

[Q] Real Total Cost of migration to Libreoffice?

Hello, all.

I'm writing a document about "migration to libreoffice in various size
of organization and area".
I read lots of documents which say using opensource reduces cost.
Really? How much?
But there's no numbers. I found few, but they're too big or lack of
detail. For example,

http://es.slideshare.net/ottokekalainen/dirty-tactics-against-libre-office-in-public-administration-and-how-to-overcome-them
this slide shows some numbers on page 10, 11. There's no info how many
copies had been used, though, I guess at least more than 3,000 copies.
Who need 3,000 copies? And if someone wants to change that amount, he
must need to change a groupware and other systems as well, not only
office suite.

In the other example, http://carlodaffara.conecta.it/tag/oss-migration/
This has more info and less size, but still 800-1000 copies.

I need more cases and cases of small amount.
Is anybody has that kind of info? If you have, please send me it.

Thank you, all.

Jihui Choi

Immanuel Giulea Immanuel Giulea

Re: [Q] Real Total Cost of migration to Libreoffice?

Hello jihui

You should take a look at the white paper published not long ago.

Personally I'm waiting for the translation in French so I can better
promote Libreoffice to a francophone public here in Canada.

Immanuel from Montreal