QA Call Time

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
jmadero jmadero
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

QA Call Time

Hi All,

Mas has brought up changing the time or day or both of our QA call so I
was hoping everyone who regularly participates will comment so we get an
idea of where people stand. Ideally of course our goal is to get as many
people involved who can contribute to our multitude of projects but,
time zones makes it impossible to accommodate everyone and I don't think
teams are big enough to do more than 1 call at this point.

The suggestion was moving it an hour later on Friday or on another day.


So for me - and please don't be swayed because of my schedule ;) An hour
later on any day becomes very difficult for me but even the current time
might not work once I start school on 2013/08/12. The current time is
6am for me and looking at my schedule Friday *should* work barring
problems at that time but there is no guarantee. As I start school I'll
be evaluating what is possible in terms of volunteer time but I hope to
stay equally involved or close to the current level going forward.

So my vote or 2 cents - keep current time and day as it's really the
only time that *should* work for me at least for this semester. That
being said - if others disagree feel free to change the day/time and if
I can't attend then oh well - Robinson's great minutes will keep me in
the loop and I'll still be able to contribute through IRC and ML.


Thanks all!



Warm Regards,
Joel


P.S. Another option is to have a US call later in the day maybe once a
month to go over the "normal" call and get more people in our timezones
involved with projects - if this is a possibility then I can give
everyone my school schedule and hopefully with only a +/-3 hour we can
find some time that works. I know right now it's Mas, Robinson and
myself in the US timezones - everyone else is European I believe.

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Robinson Tryon Robinson Tryon
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: QA Call Time

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 10:35 AM, Joel Madero <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> P.S. Another option is to have a US call later in the day maybe once a month
> to go over the "normal" call and get more people in our timezones involved
> with projects - if this is a possibility then I can give everyone my school
> schedule and hopefully with only a +/-3 hour we can find some time that
> works. I know right now it's Mas, Robinson and myself in the US timezones -
> everyone else is European I believe.

+1

Personally, I think the NA area needs to be tapped for more talent...
both for QA, and in other areas. A monthly US call sounds like a good
place to start.

What do people think about first Friday of the month?  (August 2nd is
1 week from now)

--R

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

jmadero jmadero
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: QA Call Time

On 07/26/2013 10:24 AM, Robinson Tryon wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 10:35 AM, Joel Madero <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> P.S. Another option is to have a US call later in the day maybe once a month
>> to go over the "normal" call and get more people in our timezones involved
>> with projects - if this is a possibility then I can give everyone my school
>> schedule and hopefully with only a +/-3 hour we can find some time that
>> works. I know right now it's Mas, Robinson and myself in the US timezones -
>> everyone else is European I believe.
> +1
>
> Personally, I think the NA area needs to be tapped for more talent...
> both for QA, and in other areas. A monthly US call sounds like a good
> place to start.
>
> What do people think about first Friday of the month?  (August 2nd is
> 1 week from now)
>
> --R
If we can get at least 4-6 people involved I'm +1 on that - I prefer a
little later than our current regular call if possible (6am sucks). Here
is my schedule starting August 12th:

http://www.law.uci.edu/orientation/first-year-schedule.html

Keep in mind that I actually start ~2 hours before the earliest class
because of the train so early is a no go - Fridays between noon - 5pm
PST seem like a good starting point for me but open to other times/days
that fit into that schedule.

Now the question is - how do we reach out to the NA community and say
"we need to balance out our teams!" - a couple people from the triage
contest were from the US - wonder if they'd be interested.


Best,
Joel

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Robinson Tryon Robinson Tryon
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: QA Call Time

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 1:30 PM, Joel Madero <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Now the question is - how do we reach out to the NA community and say "we
> need to balance out our teams!" - a couple people from the triage contest
> were from the US - wonder if they'd be interested.

We could go with the tried and true "the British are coming!"...
:-)

I think pinging the users list would be a good start. In terms of
general NA involvement, it's partially just a question of good
recruitment. Finding users that have the time and ability to make some
good contributions. A part of that, as you (Joel) have pointed out, is
convincing people that they don't need a ton of experience to hop in
and get started!

--R

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Mas/_gemini Mas/_gemini
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: QA Call Time

On Jul 26, 2013 2:01 PM, "Robinson Tryon" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 1:30 PM, Joel Madero <[hidden email]>
wrote:
> >
> > Now the question is - how do we reach out to the NA community and say
"we
> > need to balance out our teams!" - a couple people from the triage
contest

> > were from the US - wonder if they'd be interested.
>
> We could go with the tried and true "the British are coming!"...
> :-)
>
> I think pinging the users list would be a good start. In terms of
> general NA involvement, it's partially just a question of good
> recruitment. Finding users that have the time and ability to make some
> good contributions. A part of that, as you (Joel) have pointed out, is
> convincing people that they don't need a ton of experience to hop in
> and get started!
>
> --R

Thanks everyone for opening up a dialogue about changing the time some. I
am open for anytime after 10am.  My personal work schedule Friday by 9 is
kind of rough at the moment. So if the day has to be Friday. Can we move
the time later in the day so we can have Joel involved with the call. He
has been a huge voice for the QA team. I would not want to take him away
from this project. I am willing to work along his schedule.  Between noon
and 5pm eat will work perfectly for me..

Mas

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Petr Mladek Petr Mladek
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: QA Call Time

Mas píše v Pá 26. 07. 2013 v 18:18 -0400:
> Thanks everyone for opening up a dialogue about changing the time
> some. I am open for anytime after 10am.  My personal work schedule
> Friday by 9 is kind of rough at the moment. So if the day has to be
> Friday. Can we move the time later in the day so we can have Joel
> involved with the call.

It would be great to have Joel in the call because he is one of the most
active people. I know that he would have less time after the school
starts but still...

>  He has been a huge voice for the QA team. I would not want to take
> him away from this project. I am willing to work along his schedule.
> Between noon and 5pm eat will work perfectly
> for me..

If we do it later, it would be great to choose another day. Late Friday
is not ideal because many people area leaving for the weekend. At least
I would have big troubles with my wife ;-)

Well, I am not that important, so do not block on me.

Best Regards,
Petr


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Robinson Tryon Robinson Tryon
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: QA Call Time

Hi everyone,

I'm resurrecting this thread to let you know that we're going to
revisit the QA Call Time and the 'Pub Chat' Time in about a month,
after the LibreOffice Conference. Between the primary QA Meetings and
the 'Pub Chats,' we hope that everyone who's involved with QA is able
to find a time that works for them.

Speaking of which...we have another US Pub Chat coming up on September 6th:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Meetings/2013/September_06_US_Pub_Chat

If you're in the US, or nearby, or just can't make the regular QA
Meeting, please stop on by and say hi.

Cheers,
--R

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted