Question about Installation glitch upgrading from LO 5.x to LO 6.0.6.2

David B Teague sr David B Teague sr

Question about Installation glitch upgrading from LO 5.x to LO 6.0.6.2

Hi LibreOffice Users:

My system:
64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium
LibreOffice 6.0.6.2
off line help for LO 6.0.6

Installation glitch upgrading from LO 5.x to LO 6.0.6.2

Started Installer, process displayed UAC dialog.  I answered "Yes"

Installer proceeded up to a point, then failed, stating the installer
did not have sufficient privilege to access C:\Program Files\LibreOffice

I clicked "retry" several times to no avail, then backed out. A retry
also failed. In casting about for a solution, I happened to reboot.

Then I recalled that inaccessible files are sometimes removed or made
accessible after a reboot. I retried installation, LO 6.0.6.2 installed
quickly along with off line help

My Question: Should I have known this might or would occur?  And could
this glitch have been predicted and users warned?

Warmest Regard
David Teague

--
nil significat nisi oscillat
do wop, do wop, do wop! -- Duke Ellington