Question about debugging cppunit tests

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
julien2412 julien2412
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Question about debugging cppunit tests

Hello,

I'm trying to run gdb on cppunit failing by following this:
to rerun just this failed test without all others, run:

    make JunitTest_chart2_unoapi

cd into the module dir to run the tests faster
Or to do interactive debugging (non-Windows), run two shells with:

    make debugrun
    make gb_JunitTest_DEBUGRUN=T JunitTest_chart2_unoapi

So I open 2 console shells.
On first one, I run "make debugrun"
On second one, I run "make gb_JunitTest_DEBUGRUN=T JunitTest_chart2_unoapi"

But first one just always displays this:
Reading symbols from /home/julien/compile-libreoffice/libreoffice/instdir/program/soffice.bin...done.
(gdb)
and that's all.

It must be obvious but I miss the point.
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/How_to_debug seems outdated since it doesn't talk about this way. Moreover, I tried 'export CPPUNITTRACE="gdb --args"' and it does nothing when running then 'make JunitTest_chart2_unoapi' for example.

Any idea?

Julien
Maxim Monastirsky Maxim Monastirsky
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Question about debugging cppunit tests

Hi Julien,

On Sunday 04 May 2014 00:10:56 julien2412 wrote:
> But first one just always displays this:
> Reading symbols from
> /home/julien/compile-libreoffice/libreoffice/instdir/program/soffice.bin...d
> one. (gdb)
> and that's all.
You should type 'run' on that '(gdb)' prompt.

Maxim
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
julien2412 julien2412
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[SOLVED] Re: Question about debugging cppunit tests

On 04/05/2014 11:32, Maxim Monastirsky wrote:
> Hi Julien,
>
> On Sunday 04 May 2014 00:10:56 julien2412 wrote:
>> But first one just always displays this:
>> Reading symbols from
>> /home/julien/compile-libreoffice/libreoffice/instdir/program/soffice.bin...d
>> one. (gdb)
>> and that's all.
> You should type 'run' on that '(gdb)' prompt.
It works! Thank you Maxim!

Julien
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Markus Mohrhard Markus Mohrhard
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Question about debugging cppunit tests

In reply to this post by julien2412
Hey,


On Sun, May 4, 2014 at 9:10 AM, julien2412 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to run gdb on cppunit failing by following this:
to rerun just this failed test without all others, run:

    make JunitTest_chart2_unoapi

cd into the module dir to run the tests faster
Or to do interactive debugging (non-Windows), run two shells with:

    make debugrun
    make gb_JunitTest_DEBUGRUN=T JunitTest_chart2_unoapi

So I open 2 console shells.
On first one, I run "make debugrun"
On second one, I run "make gb_JunitTest_DEBUGRUN=T JunitTest_chart2_unoapi"

I suppose that you want to debug the failing RegressionCurve test. That one has just been disabled again with ae1d664008edeb509829265e92ba778d00858d8a and is tracked as fdo#66617. It requires some rework in the chart2 UNO API to fix this regression.

But first one just always displays this:
Reading symbols from
/home/julien/compile-libreoffice/libreoffice/instdir/program/soffice.bin...done.
(gdb)
and that's all.

It must be obvious but I miss the point.
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/How_to_debug seems outdated
since it doesn't talk about this way. Moreover, I tried 'export
CPPUNITTRACE="gdb --args"' and it does nothing when running then 'make
JunitTest_chart2_unoapi' for example.

This is not a cppunit test. As the output after the test already tells you it is a Junit test, so this can't work.


Any idea?

Julien



--
View this message in context: http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Question-about-debugging-cppunit-tests-tp4107499.html
Sent from the Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice


_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice