Question about document/template interaction

jdh111 jdh111

Question about document/template interaction

LibreOffice 5.1.6.2 / 5.3.5.2 on Linux Lite.

I wrote a document based on a specific template.
As I did so, I added four new styles to the document.

Is there a way to automagically incorporate these new styles into the specific template,
such that when I create a new document based on it, the new styles will be included in it?

Thanks for helping.

John Herron

Brian Barker Brian Barker

Re: Question about document/template interaction

At 19:09 26/03/2018 +0200, John Herron wrote:
>I wrote a document based on a specific template. As I did so, I
>added four new styles to the document. Is there a way to
>automagically incorporate these new styles into the specific
>template, such that when I create a new document based on it, the
>new styles will be included in it?

o Open the document.
o Delete all its text (or as much of it as appropriate).
o Save the denuded document (but still containing its styles) as a
template - presumably over the existing one.

Alternatively, you can import styles from one document to another -
in this case from your existing document to a new document intended
to become your template - using the Load Styles facility, accessible
from the drop-down menu from the New Style from Selection button in
the Styles and Formatting window.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

anne-ology anne-ology

Re: Question about document/template interaction

       Here's hoping you'll receive a response soon;
          I wish I could help, but I don't know any thing(s) which might
solve your issue.

       Surely somebody on this list can help you, I've been awaiting a
response to my query, & still waiting with hopefulness.

From: John Herron <[hidden email]>
Date: Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 12:09 PM
Subject: [libreoffice-users] Question about document/template interaction
To: [hidden email]

LibreOffice 5.1.6.2 / 5.3.5.2 on Linux Lite.

I wrote a document based on a specific template.
As I did so, I added four new styles to the document.

Is there a way to automatically incorporate these new styles into the
specific template,
such that when I create a new document based on it, the new styles will be
included in it?

Thanks for helping.

John Herron

robert leleu robert leleu

Re: Question about document/template interaction

I think I read once about

Something as

  * Save the file under another name (to be sure not to loose it).
  * Open again and delete any content.
  * Save as a (new) template.

Je la 31/03/2018 21:29, anne-ology skribisĀ :