Question about tab order in form in Writer

Tom Williams Tom Williams

Question about tab order in form in Writer

Hi!  I'm working on converting a 20 page document into a PDF form.  I'm
using the form design mode of LibreOffice Writer 7.0.3 on Windows 10 to
add the various form fields.   At the time I started this, I thought I
had to manually set the tab order on each form field.  After investing
some odd behavior with tab order in forms, I learned Writer will
automatically set the tab order of the form fields.

I have since upgraded to LibreOffice 7.0.4.  My question:  is it
possible to "reset" the tab order values I set manually?  If not, is it
possible to "undo" or remove the tab order values I set on each form
field?  I'm only 2 pages into my document, fortunately. :)

Thanks in advance!  Happy New Year! :)

Peace...

"The Other" Tom

Tom Williams Tom Williams

Re: Question about tab order in form in Writer

On 1/10/21 10:13 PM, Tom wrote:

> Hi! I'm working on converting a 20 page document into a PDF form.  I'm
> using the form design mode of LibreOffice Writer 7.0.3 on Windows 10
> to add the various form fields.   At the time I started this, I
> thought I had to manually set the tab order on each form field. After
> investing some odd behavior with tab order in forms, I learned Writer
> will automatically set the tab order of the form fields.
>
> I have since upgraded to LibreOffice 7.0.4.  My question:  is it
> possible to "reset" the tab order values I set manually?  If not, is
> it possible to "undo" or remove the tab order values I set on each
> form field?  I'm only 2 pages into my document, fortunately. :)
>
> Thanks in advance!  Happy New Year! :)
>
> Peace...
>
> "The Other" Tom

Well, I found my answer.  I needed to use the "Tab Order" dialog window
to control the tab order of the form fields.    I found the information
here:

https://help.libreoffice.org/6.3/en-US/text/shared/02/01170300.html

Using the "Automatic Sort" function, I was able to effectively "reset"
my manual tab order.  Then, I was able to fine tune the tab order by
moving fields up or down.  The fields are identified by field name.

Peace...

"The Other" Tom