Question about tables and page margins in Writer

Tom Williams Tom Williams

Question about tables and page margins in Writer

Hi!  I'm running Writer 5.1.6.2 on Linux Mint 18 and had a question
about tables and page margins.  I'm creating a playlist in Writer and
have an image filling the entire background of the page.  I have 0
margins so the image covers all available whitespace.  I have a table
with a header row that repeats on each page.  Everything looks fine
except when the table spills over to page #2.  The header row is
repeated but the top of the table is flush against the top of the page.
I would like a 1", maybe, gap between the top of the table, on page #2,
and the top of the page.

Any idea on how to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Peace...

"The Other" Tom

remygauthier remygauthier

Re: Question about tables and page margins in Writer

Hi,

You could insert a 1-inch header that is empty. You can alter the page
style or directly format the page:

Format -> Page -> Header, then:

- Header ON
- Autofit height: OFF
- Height: 1 inch

Note that I am using LO 6.0, so it might be slightly different for you
but I think that those settings will work in your version.

I hope this helps.

Rémy.
Le dimanche 12 août 2018 à 13:40 -0700, Tom a écrit :

> Hi!  I'm running Writer 5.1.6.2 on Linux Mint 18 and had a question
> about tables and page margins.  I'm creating a playlist in Writer and
> have an image filling the entire background of the page.  I have 0
> margins so the image covers all available whitespace.  I have a table
> with a header row that repeats on each page.  Everything looks fine
> except when the table spills over to page #2.  The header row is
> repeated but the top of the table is flush against the top of the page.
> I would like a 1", maybe, gap between the top of the table, on page #2,
> and the top of the page.
>
> Any idea on how to accomplish this?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Peace...
>
> "The Other" Tom

Tom Williams Tom Williams

Re: Question about tables and page margins in Writer

Thanks for the tip!  I'll give it a try.

Peace...

"The Other" Tom

--
/When I leave, I don't know what I'm hoping to find,
And when I leave, I don't know what I'm leaving behind.../