Question on getting a list of all the macro commands

Michael D. Setzer II Michael D. Setzer II

Question on getting a list of all the macro commands

Does a file with them exist in full or part.
Was recently looking thru menus and found something interesting that I
had not noticed before.
Data / Calculate / Formula to Value

I did a test, and it did what I wanted, so recorded the macro.
Strangely, the command to do the Formula to Value was there, but it had
rem in front of it, so macro would not work as recorded. Removed the
rem, and it worked fine?? So, this can duplicate the F9 Enter option for
some things.

sub xx12
rem ----------------------------------------------------------------------
rem define variables
dim documentas object
dim dispatcher as object
rem ----------------------------------------------------------------------
rem get access to the document
document= ThisComponent.CurrentController.Frame
dispatcher = createUnoService(com.sun.star.frame.DispatchHelper)

rem ----------------------------------------------------------------------
rem ----------------------------------------------------------------------
dim args1(0) as new com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue
args1(0).Name =StringName
args1(0).Value ==sum(k2:k57)
dispatcher.executeDispatch(document,.uno:EnterString,, 0, args1())
dispatcher.executeDispatch(document,.uno:ConvertFormulaToValue,, 0, Array())
end sub

My main macro in this sheet takes a set of data from a web site. that is placed in a2:o64.
Only need data in a2:d64 and the total of data in K2;K57. So, macro delete columns E to O.
But need to save total of K2:K57. Had been entering formula manually, and using F9 to convert it.
Just need to put this code in main macro to automate how process to the macro I have linked to
Shift-F4. Updates covid data from 50 states, D.C., and 5 Territories.. So, run it as data changes.
Perhaps there are lots of other such processes outthere.
Still find it strange that the recorder recorded it, but did it as a remark??

Thanks again..

Jean-Francois Nifenecker-2 Jean-Francois Nifenecker-2

Re: Question on getting a list of all the macro commands

Hello Mike,

Le 29/11/2020 à 18:33, Michael D. Setzer II a écrit :
> Does a file with them exist in full or part.

nope. Well, not that I know of. The LibO API (application programming
interface) is a quite complex beast.

> Was recently looking thru menus and found something interesting that I
> had not noticed before.
> Data / Calculate / Formula to Value
>

> I did a test, and it did what I wanted, so recorded the macro.

The LibreOffice macro recorder is a *very* limited tool, which has
nothing to see with some other Office suite recorder. The LibO recorder
just records your actions in the GUI (keyboard and mouse actions) and
translates them using a special object, the Dispatcher.

The resulting code has very little to see with actual macro code you
might write to accomplish the very same actions in "purer" Basic.

This doesn't mean the recorder is useless. I use it everytime I need a
quickly automated process. But don't rely on it to manage (not so)
complex processes.

If you want to delve in Basic macro coding, as an English-speaking user
you should read Andrew Pitonyak's books. Check Andrew's website here:
https://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php.
His macro document is a collection of predefined macros, while his book
is more elaborated. Both are highly recommended reads!

For a quick start, you might also find the 9 reference sheets available
from the LibO extension pages handy:
https://extensions.libreoffice.org/?Tags%5B%5D=173

HTH,
--
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux

LibreOfficiant LibreOfficiant

Re: Question on getting a list of all the macro commands