Quick poll about slide format

Heiko Tietze-2 Heiko Tietze-2

Quick poll about slide format

Hello all,

in LibreOffice Impress the default slide format is today 'Screen 4:3' while most hardware should be capable of 16:9. On the other hand, with the left slide pane and the right sidebar open, the UI of Impress has not much horizontal space.
The question is: Should we switch the default of slide format?

Please answer the quick poll on G+, if you have an account.
https://plus.google.com/107566594492891737454/posts/Gv86jqr9qyf

Thanks in advance,
Heiko

Italo Vignoli-6 Italo Vignoli-6

Re: Quick poll about slide format

Hi Heiko, being a heavy Impress user, and having the majority of my
slides in the Screen 4:3 format (because the majority of projectors in
conference centers is still supporting only the Screen 4:3 format), I
can tell you that a killer feature here would be a format converter from
4:3 to 16:9 which adapts the contents without stretching horizontally
all visuals (something which does not allow a quick conversion).

The ideal situation would be a switch between the two formats which is
triggered by the connection to the external video/projector.

On 27/07/2017 16:28, Heiko Tietze wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> in LibreOffice Impress the default slide format is today 'Screen 4:3' while most hardware should be capable of 16:9. On the other hand, with the left slide pane and the right sidebar open, the UI of Impress has not much horizontal space.
> The question is: Should we switch the default of slide format?
>
> Please answer the quick poll on G+, if you have an account.
> https://plus.google.com/107566594492891737454/posts/Gv86jqr9qyf

mobile/signal +39.348.5653829 - email [hidden email]
hangout/jabber [hidden email] - skype italovignoli
GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0