Quicklook Plugin?

OogieM OogieM

Quicklook Plugin?

I would like to be able to read and review LibreOffice documents from within DEVONThink.

I've been told that the reason it doesn't work now is that LO doesn't have a quicklook plugin.

I have searched the bugzilla mess (which is impossibly hard to navigate IMO) and there appears to be 2 or 3 bugs reported about it and a lot of finger pointing as to whether they are documented properly but no resolution. It seem OO had a quicklook plug in, Neo Office as well and somehow it was removed or lost form LO.

I'm at a loss as to how to get it back, or even put in my support for this as critical needed functionality.

Eugenie (Oogie) McGuire
Desert Weyr, LLC - Black Welsh Mountain Sheep http://www.desertweyr.com/
LambTracker - Open Source SW for Shepherds http://www.lambtracker.com
Paonia, CO USA

anne-ology anne-ology

Re: Quicklook Plugin?

       Curiously wondering why you would need anything to open LO
documents  ;-)

Alex Thurgood Alex Thurgood

Re: Quicklook Plugin?

Le 16/06/2014 21:44, anne-ology a écrit :

Hi Anne,

>        Curiously wondering why you would need anything to open LO
> documents  ;-)

Quicklook on OSX is a file previewer. The quicklook plugin is a
component provided with the LO application bundle to allow the file
manager "Finder" to display previews of the contents of LO file types
(except that this currently only works for Writer and Calc documents AFAIK).

Alex

Alex Thurgood Alex Thurgood

Re: Quicklook Plugin?

Le 15/06/2014 15:44, Oogie McGuire a écrit :

Oogie,

> I would like to be able to read and review LibreOffice documents from within DEVONThink.
>
> I've been told that the reason it doesn't work now is that LO doesn't have a quicklook plugin.

It does have a quicklook plugin that works from within Finder, for
Writer and Calc document types.

Alex

OogieM OogieM

Re: Quicklook Plugin?

Because I can't use LO on my iPad and yet I can copy my DEVONThink database to it and run it there. SO if I had a QL plug-in on the iPad I could at least view documents on it.

On Jun 16, 2014, at 1:44 PM, anne-ology <[hidden email]> wrote:

>       Curiously wondering why you would need anything to open LO
> documents  ;-)
>

> From: Oogie McGuire <[hidden email]>
> Date: Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 8:44 AM
> Subject: [libreoffice-users] Quicklook Plugin?
> To: LibreOffice User's Help Forum <[hidden email]>
>

> I would like to be able to read and review LibreOffice documents from
> within DEVONThink.
>
> I've been told that the reason it doesn't work now is that LO doesn't have
> a quicklook plugin.
>
> I have searched the bugzilla mess (which is impossibly hard to navigate
> IMO) and there appears to be 2 or 3 bugs reported about it and a lot of
> finger pointing as to whether they are documented properly but no
> resolution. It seem OO had a quicklook plug in, Neo Office as well and
> somehow it was removed or lost form LO.
>
> I'm at a loss as to how to get it back, or even put in my support for this
> as critical needed functionality.
>

> Eugenie (Oogie) McGuire

Eugenie (Oogie) McGuire
Desert Weyr, LLC - Black Welsh Mountain Sheep http://www.desertweyr.com/
LambTracker - Open Source SW for Shepherds http://www.lambtracker.com
Paonia, CO USA

Alex Thurgood Alex Thurgood

Re: Quicklook Plugin?

Le 16/06/2014 22:59, Oogie McGuire a écrit :

Hi Oogie,

> Because I can't use LO on my iPad and yet I can copy my DEVONThink database to it and run it there. SO if I had a QL plug-in on the iPad I could at least view documents on it.

As I don't have an iPad, I don't know the ins and outs of the quicklook
plugin architecture on iOS, but what makes you think that it is the same
? In other words, why would a quicklook plugin built against the OSX
10.6 SDK, which is currently what LO is built against on the Mac, be
likely to work on the iPad, with whatever version of iOS is running there ?

The LO quicklook plugin should be found in the LO app bundle, so you'd
have to inspect the app bundle in order to find the corresponding component.

Alex

William Gathoye William Gathoye

Re: Quicklook Plugin?

William Gathoye William Gathoye

Re: Quicklook Plugin?

anne-ology anne-ology

Re: Quicklook Plugin?

       Thank you for answering my query of curiosity.

From: Oogie McGuire <[hidden email]>
Date: Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 3:59 PM
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Quicklook Plugin?
To: anne-ology <[hidden email]>