R1C1 reference style with LibreOffice

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
pacopyc pacopyc pacopyc pacopyc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

R1C1 reference style with LibreOffice

Hi, I have to convert a macro from Excel to LibreOffice. The Excel macro
contains many formulas in R1C1 reference style.

How can I rewrite the formulas in R1C1 reference style with LibreOffice? Is
it possible?

Thanks
pacopyc

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
m.a.riosv m.a.riosv
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: R1C1 reference style with LibreOffice

You can select it for the spreadsheet in:

Menu/Tools/Options/LibreOffice calc/Formula - Formula Options - Formula syntax

Miguel Ángel.
Jean-Baptiste Faure-3 Jean-Baptiste Faure-3
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: R1C1 reference style with LibreOffice

In reply to this post by pacopyc pacopyc
Le 19/01/2016 18:37, pacopyc pacopyc a écrit :
> Hi, I have to convert a macro from Excel to LibreOffice. The Excel macro
> contains many formulas in R1C1 reference style.
>
> How can I rewrite the formulas in R1C1 reference style with LibreOffice? Is
> it possible?

Yes: menu Tools > Options > LibreOffice Calc > Formula > choose in the
Formula syntax dropdown list

Best regards.
JBF


--
Seuls des formats ouverts peuvent assurer la pérennité de vos documents.
Disclaimer: my Internet Provider being located in France, each of our
exchanges over Internet will be scanned by French spying services.

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
pacopyc pacopyc pacopyc pacopyc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: R1C1 reference style with LibreOffice

Ok, but the problem is that I must do it from LibreOffice basic code.

pacopyc

2016-01-20 9:46 GMT+01:00 Jean-Baptiste Faure <[hidden email]>:

> Le 19/01/2016 18:37, pacopyc pacopyc a écrit :
> > Hi, I have to convert a macro from Excel to LibreOffice. The Excel macro
> > contains many formulas in R1C1 reference style.
> >
> > How can I rewrite the formulas in R1C1 reference style with LibreOffice?
> Is
> > it possible?
>
> Yes: menu Tools > Options > LibreOffice Calc > Formula > choose in the
> Formula syntax dropdown list
>
> Best regards.
> JBF
>
>
> --
> Seuls des formats ouverts peuvent assurer la pérennité de vos documents.
> Disclaimer: my Internet Provider being located in France, each of our
> exchanges over Internet will be scanned by French spying services.
>
> --
> To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
> Problems?
> http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
> Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
> All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> deleted
>

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Andreas Säger Andreas Säger
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: R1C1 reference style with LibreOffice

Am 20.01.2016 um 10:17 schrieb pacopyc pacopyc:
> Ok, but the problem is that I must do it from LibreOffice basic code.
>

If you would spend more than an hour or two with this matter, you would
not have to wait days for the answer.




> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=49294

> http://api.libreoffice.org/docs/idl/ref/interfacecom_1_1sun_1_1star_1_1table_1_1XCellRange.html#details

> http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php






--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
pacopyc pacopyc pacopyc pacopyc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: R1C1 reference style with LibreOffice

Excuse me, I don't understand. Can I rewrite the formulas in R1C1 reference
style with LibreOffice basic code? How?

2016-01-20 11:14 GMT+01:00 Andreas Säger <[hidden email]>:

> Am 20.01.2016 um 10:17 schrieb pacopyc pacopyc:
> > Ok, but the problem is that I must do it from LibreOffice basic code.
> >
>
> If you would spend more than an hour or two with this matter, you would
> not have to wait days for the answer.
>
>
>
>
> > https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=49294
>
> >
> http://api.libreoffice.org/docs/idl/ref/interfacecom_1_1sun_1_1star_1_1table_1_1XCellRange.html#details
>
> > http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
> Problems?
> http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
> Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
> All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> deleted
>

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Cley Faye Cley Faye
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: R1C1 reference style with LibreOffice

If it's only a matter of rewriting R1C1 in A1 notations, a simple function
could read the Rx and put the appropriate letter, then remove the C.
If you want to reference cells from the basic code, functions alreay exist
to get cells from their numeric coordinates, as said by others.
I think this cover most cases; also know that you can use the INDIRECT()
function directly in a cell with the R1C1 notation.

--
Cley Faye
http://cleyfaye.net

2016-01-20 11:35 GMT+01:00 pacopyc pacopyc <[hidden email]>:

> Excuse me, I don't understand. Can I rewrite the formulas in R1C1 reference
> style with LibreOffice basic code? How?
>
> 2016-01-20 11:14 GMT+01:00 Andreas Säger <[hidden email]>:
>
> > Am 20.01.2016 um 10:17 schrieb pacopyc pacopyc:
> > > Ok, but the problem is that I must do it from LibreOffice basic code.
> > >
> >
> > If you would spend more than an hour or two with this matter, you would
> > not have to wait days for the answer.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=49294
> >
> > >
> >
> http://api.libreoffice.org/docs/idl/ref/interfacecom_1_1sun_1_1star_1_1table_1_1XCellRange.html#details
> >
> > > http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
> > Problems?
> > http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
> > Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> > List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
> > All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> > deleted
> >
>
> --
> To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
> Problems?
> http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
> Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
> All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> deleted
>

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Andreas Säger Andreas Säger
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: R1C1 reference style with LibreOffice

In reply to this post by pacopyc pacopyc
Am 20.01.2016 um 11:35 schrieb pacopyc pacopyc:
> Excuse me, I don't understand. Can I rewrite the formulas in R1C1 reference
> style with LibreOffice basic code? How?
>

No, you can't. But since you are a programmer, this should be no problem
at all.
Instead of "R"& row &"C"& col you can simply use method
objSheet.getCellByPosition(c -1, r -1). The row/col indices are zero based.
Or write your own function to evaluate R1C1 addresses. Where is the
problem? You can't really program? Then stick with MS Excel.


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted