RESIZING BULLETS IN WRITER

roballjr roballjr

RESIZING BULLETS IN WRITER

I can't find a way to manipulate the size of the bullets, and the only
square bullet out there is WAY too large to use with any kind of normal
type font.

What am I missing?

pietervo pietervo

Re: RESIZING BULLETS IN WRITER

roballjr wrote:

 > I can't find a way to manipulate the size of the bullets, and the only
 > square bullet out there is WAY too large to use with any kind of normal
 > type font.
 >
 > What am I missing?

If you want to change the size of an individual bullet:
- position the cursor just after the bullet (that means before the first character of the text)
- move the cursor left one position with the left arrow. Now the bullet is selected
- change the font size (and perhaps the font also)

If you want to do it consistently, use a list style (Styles and Templates, fifth icon)
It is advisable anyway to use styles. If you have given your bulleted paragraph for example List 1 style, and change the bullet size and/or font, it will be remembered in the list style.

I think it is best to do this together with a paragraph style, for example paragraph style List 1. When you edit the paragraph style, there is a tab "Outline & Numbering", where you can select the Numbering Style. Numbering style is what is called in the Styles and Formatting dialog: List Styles. A bit confusing, I think, but List style and Numbering style are just two aspects of the same thing. List style is for bullets and Numbering style is for numbers, but they basically belong together. And then, of course, to make the confusion even worse, in the Format menu they are called "Bullets and Numbering".
--
Piet van Oostrum <[hidden email]>
WWW: http://pietvanoostrum.com/