Re: GSoC 2014

Miklos Vajna-4 Miklos Vajna-4

Re: GSoC 2014

Hi Ankit,

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 03:42:04PM +0530, Ankit Vadehra <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm Ankit Vadehra, a CSE student and I wanted to take part in GSoC
> 2014, with Libre Office as the mentoring organisation.
> I'm not much of an open-source developer, but I am an enthusiast. I've
> been using LibreOffice for quite some time, and am quite familiar with
> how the updates rolled out.
>
> As mentioned previously, I'm no pro. so I'm reaching out to the
> community(much before application period) so as to get better
> acquainted with the timeline, process and how/what to do so as to get
> comfortable with everything and ensure my application is successful.
> I'm fluent with C++ , I know quite a lot of Python.
> As the Libre Office idea page stays same, I was wondering whether I
> should start now, so by the time the application period opens I have
> code sample and stuff. I would appreciate if you could give me brief
> pointers.
Let's get back to this, once the list of accepted organizations for GSoC
2014 is announced. :-)

Thanks,

Miklos

Samuel Mehrbrodt-2 Samuel Mehrbrodt-2

Re: GSoC 2014

Hi Ankit,

You can still start now by getting a build done and then completing one or more Easy Hacks. That will help you to become familiar with the development workflow and is also required before applying for GSoC.

You find the relevant information here: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development

Good luck!
Samuel