Re: LO Quickstarter for GNOME?

Jean Weber Jean Weber

Re: LO Quickstarter for GNOME?

On Sat, 2010-10-02 at 20:02 +0100, AG wrote:

> On 02/10/10 19:12, Cor Nouws wrote:
> > Hi ag,
> >
> > AG wrote (02-10-10 18:22)
> >
> >> I've just installed LO on Debian testing and fired it up and all seems
> >> well.
> >
> > Great. You installed the beta of LibreOffice, I understand ;-)
> > ( The abbreviation we want to use is LibO.)
> >
> >> A basic question though - OOo has a quick start option that sits in the
> >> "task bar". Does LO have a similar functionality/ convenience?
> >
> > I though it has, but cannot find it on my Ubuntu ;-)
> >
> >> So far the beta seems pretty good.
> >>
> >> BTW - what's the LO equivalent of the command soffice ?
> >
> > Just the same. Look in the installPath at the folder
> > /libreoffice3/program
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Cor
>
> Hey Cor
>
> Thanks for the correction about the abbreviation - LibO it is then :-)
>
> Perhaps the quickstarter is something that is on the way?  It does make
> it so much more convenient.  In the interim I have added the LibO icon
> to a launch menu drawer I use to facilitate ease of use.
>
> Thanks for the path to soffice

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04. When I first installed LibO, I saw the
Quickstarter in the upper panel (system tray), on the right-hand side
near the other notifications and the shutdown icon. Now it's not there
any more! And yes, I do have it enabled in Tools > Options > Memory.

--Jean

Stefan Weigel Stefan Weigel

Re: LO Quickstarter for GNOME?

Hi,

Jean Hollis Weber schrieb:

> I'm using Ubuntu 10.04. When I first installed LibO, I saw the
> Quickstarter in the upper panel (system tray), on the right-hand side
> near the other notifications and the shutdown icon. Now it's not there
> any more! And yes, I do have it enabled in Tools > Options > Memory.

Same environment and eaxactly same situation here.

Stefan

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws

Re: LO Quickstarter for GNOME?

Stefan Weigel wrote (03-10-10 00:24)
> Jean Hollis Weber schrieb:
>
>> I'm using Ubuntu 10.04. When I first installed LibO, I saw the
>> Quickstarter in the upper panel (system tray), on the right-hand side
>> near the other notifications and the shutdown icon. Now it's not there
>> any more! And yes, I do have it enabled in Tools > Options > Memory.
>
> Same environment and eaxactly same situation here.

I though I had read about that issue, but do not see it listed here:

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific&order=relevance+desc&bug_status=__open__&product=LibreOffice&content=

Cor

--
  - free OpenOffice.org :: LibreOffice -

AG AG

On 02/10/10 22:56, Jean Hollis Weber wrote:

> On Sat, 2010-10-02 at 20:02 +0100, AG wrote:
>
>> On 02/10/10 19:12, Cor Nouws wrote:
>>
>>> Hi ag,
>>>
>>> AG wrote (02-10-10 18:22)

>>> Great. You installed the beta of LibreOffice, I understand ;-)
>>> ( The abbreviation we want to use is LibO.)

>>> I though it has, but cannot find it on my Ubuntu ;-)

>>> Just the same. Look in the installPath at the folder
>>> /libreoffice3/program
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> Cor
>>>
>> Hey Cor
>>
>> Thanks for the correction about the abbreviation - LibO it is then :-)
>>
>> Perhaps the quickstarter is something that is on the way?  It does make
>> it so much more convenient.  In the interim I have added the LibO icon
>> to a launch menu drawer I use to facilitate ease of use.
>>
>> Thanks for the path to soffice
>>

> I'm using Ubuntu 10.04. When I first installed LibO, I saw the
> Quickstarter in the upper panel (system tray), on the right-hand side
> near the other notifications and the shutdown icon. Now it's not there
> any more! And yes, I do have it enabled in Tools>  Options>  Memory.
>
> --Jean

Jean

With OOo that option was available, as you note, under Tools > Options >
Memory.  However, with LibO that isn't even an option at present so
there is no little check box to tick to enable it.

To get around this I have added a launch icon to LibO onto my panel and
that opens up the LibO welcome screen with the option to open a new
component or to open an existing file.  It isn't ideal because at least
when the OOo quick start button was available the entire OOo was loaded
in the background making launching the components that much faster.

I hope that some kind developer takes a look at this issue at some point.

AG

AG schrieb:

>> I'm using Ubuntu 10.04. When I first installed LibO, I saw the
>> Quickstarter in the upper panel (system tray), on the right-hand side
>> near the other notifications and the shutdown icon. Now it's not there
>> any more! And yes, I do have it enabled in Tools>  Options>  Memory.

> With OOo that option was available, as you note, under Tools > Options >
> Memory.  However, with LibO that isn't even an option at present so
> there is no little check box to tick to enable it.

Strange, because I do have this Option under Tools | Options |  Memory.

LibreOffice 3.3.0
OOO330m7 (Build:9526)
libreoffice-build 3.2.99.0

Stefan

AG AG

On 03/10/10 13:53, Stefan Weigel wrote:

> AG schrieb:
>
>>> I'm using Ubuntu 10.04. When I first installed LibO, I saw the
>>> Quickstarter in the upper panel (system tray), on the right-hand side
>>> near the other notifications and the shutdown icon. Now it's not there
>>> any more! And yes, I do have it enabled in Tools>  Options>  Memory.
>
>> With OOo that option was available, as you note, under Tools >
>> Options > Memory.  However, with LibO that isn't even an option at
>> present so there is no little check box to tick to enable it.
>
> Strange, because I do have this Option under Tools | Options |  Memory.
>
> LibreOffice 3.3.0
> OOO330m7 (Build:9526)
> libreoffice-build 3.2.99.0
>
> Stefan

Mine is:

LibreOffice 3.3.0
OOO330m7 (Build:9526)
libreoffice-build 3.2.99.0

so snap.  This is running on Debian testing using the *debs from the site.

Go figure.

AG

Stefan Weigel Stefan Weigel

Re: LO Quickstarter for GNOME?

Hi,

>> Strange, because I do have this Option under Tools | Options |  Memory.
>>
>> LibreOffice 3.3.0
>> OOO330m7 (Build:9526)
>> libreoffice-build 3.2.99.0
>>
>> Stefan
>

> Mine is:
>
> LibreOffice 3.3.0
> OOO330m7 (Build:9526)
> libreoffice-build 3.2.99.0
>
> so snap.  This is running on Debian testing using the *debs from the site.
>
> Go figure.

Well, the debs from the site are not promoted for download at
http://www.documentfoundation.org/download/ but only hidden at
http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/testing/ . A
reason may be, that the debs haven´t reached beta-state yet. I used
the rpms and aliened them for installing on my Ubuntu.

Stefan

AG AG

On 03/10/10 17:03, Stefan Weigel wrote:

> Hi,
>
>>> Strange, because I do have this Option under Tools | Options |  Memory.
>>>
>>> LibreOffice 3.3.0
>>> OOO330m7 (Build:9526)
>>> libreoffice-build 3.2.99.0
>>>
>>> Stefan
>>

>> Mine is:
>>
>> LibreOffice 3.3.0
>> OOO330m7 (Build:9526)
>> libreoffice-build 3.2.99.0
>>
>> so snap.  This is running on Debian testing using the *debs from the
>> site.
>>
>> Go figure.
>
> Well, the debs from the site are not promoted for download at
> http://www.documentfoundation.org/download/ but only hidden at
> http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/testing/ . A reason
> may be, that the debs haven´t reached beta-state yet. I used the rpms
> and aliened them for installing on my Ubuntu.
>
> Stefan

That may make the difference then.  I wasn't keen on aliening the rpms,
hence the straight *.deb route.  Hopefully the upstream developers will
make the LibO packages available for apt-get installs.

OK - I'll assume that is what the issue is and just wait and see what
happens.

Thanks

AG

Jean Weber Jean Weber

On Sun, 2010-10-03 at 17:51 +0100, AG wrote:

> On 03/10/10 17:03, Stefan Weigel wrote:
> > Hi,

> >> Mine is:
> >>
> >> LibreOffice 3.3.0
> >> OOO330m7 (Build:9526)
> >> libreoffice-build 3.2.99.0
> >>
> >> so snap.  This is running on Debian testing using the *debs from the
> >> site.
> >>
> >> Go figure.
> >
> > Well, the debs from the site are not promoted for download at
> > http://www.documentfoundation.org/download/ but only hidden at
> > http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/testing/ . A reason
> > may be, that the debs haven´t reached beta-state yet. I used the rpms
> > and aliened them for installing on my Ubuntu.
> >
> > Stefan
>
> That may make the difference then.  I wasn't keen on aliening the rpms,
> hence the straight *.deb route.  Hopefully the upstream developers will
> make the LibO packages available for apt-get installs.
>
> OK - I'll assume that is what the issue is and just wait and see what
> happens.

I used the debs from the testing link Stefan mentioned. I am on Ubuntu
10.04 with all the latest updates installed. My LibO is the same build
as yours. And *I* see the LibreOffice Quickstarter "Enable systray
Quickstater" option on the Tools > Options > Memory page. I don't see a
Quickstarter, but it was there the first time I opened LibO after
installing it.

If someone can tell me the bug report for this, I'll be happy to add my
comments. Or someone can add them for me.

--Jean

Scott Furry Scott Furry

  On 03/10/10 03:16 PM, Jean Hollis Weber wrote:

> On Sun, 2010-10-03 at 17:51 +0100, AG wrote:
>> On 03/10/10 17:03, Stefan Weigel wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> Well, the debs from the site are not promoted for download at
>>> http://www.documentfoundation.org/download/ but only hidden at
>>> http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/testing/ . A reason
>>> may be, that the debs haven´t reached beta-state yet. I used the rpms
>>> and aliened them for installing on my Ubuntu.
>>>
>>> Stefan
>> That may make the difference then.  I wasn't keen on aliening the rpms,
>> hence the straight *.deb route.  Hopefully the upstream developers will
>> make the LibO packages available for apt-get installs.
>>
>> OK - I'll assume that is what the issue is and just wait and see what
>> happens.
> I used the debs from the testing link Stefan mentioned. I am on Ubuntu
> 10.04 with all the latest updates installed. My LibO is the same build
> as yours. And *I* see the LibreOffice Quickstarter "Enable systray
> Quickstater" option on the Tools>  Options>  Memory page. I don't see a
> Quickstarter, but it was there the first time I opened LibO after
> installing it.
>
> If someone can tell me the bug report for this, I'll be happy to add my
> comments. Or someone can add them for me.
>
> --Jean

FYI...
Check mark not present on LibreOffice version I'm using currently on
Debian(Squeeze/testing) xfce.

Distribution ("cat /proc/version"):
Linux version 2.6.32-5-686 (Debian 2.6.32-23) ([hidden email]) (gcc
version 4.3.5 (Debian 4.3.5-3) ) #1 SMP Sat Sep 18 02:14:45 UTC 2010

Java (from Debian Repositories - "java -version"):
java-6-sun-1.6.0.21

Info (from http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice repository
- LibO about screen):
LibreOffice 3.3.0