Re: [Libreoffice] LibreOffice WikiHelp

davidnelson davidnelson

Re: [Libreoffice] LibreOffice WikiHelp

Hi, :-)

I suppose that logically this is something for the documentation team
to get involved in... We're having a phone conference this weekend...
Shall I add it to the agenda? If you need a docs person to liaise with
about this, please feel free to include me in the loop.

David Nelson

Wheatbix Wheatbix

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 6:14 PM, David Nelson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, :-)
>
> I suppose that logically this is something for the documentation team
> to get involved in... We're having a phone conference this weekend...
> Shall I add it to the agenda? If you need a docs person to liaise with
> about this, please feel free to include me in the loop.
>
> David Nelson
>
> On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 16:00, Jan Holesovsky <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Christian,

>>> The question is whether you want people to just read the content
>>> there, or whether you want people to update content. I'd say: provide
>>> only readonly access, maybe with a commenting feature, but keep the
>>> editing to pootle.
>>
>> Let me actually take this to the ML, because this is a really good
>> question, and I probably did not explain much about the WikiHelp so far.
>>
>> So first - what is WikiHelp?  It is going to be a help.libreoffice.org
>> site, where the LibreOffice help will be stored.  The intention is that
>> it will be a Wiki - because the Wiki concept and format is widely used
>> for information exchange, and because it is sooooo easy to edit and
>> improve.
>>
>> For the first cut, it will be read-only, to debug the converter; I'll
>> announce it in a few days for feedback + testing.
>>
>> In the long run [around LibreOffice final ;-)], we should allow editing
>> there when 'good enough', so that the wikihelp becomes the source of the
>> help for LibreOffice, instead of the xhp files.  I am still doing the
>> final experiments there, but the hope is that I'll get it to the state
>> where the developer can just commit code that should have some help,
>> provide a stub article, and the first time a user hits that, she/he can
>> update it with more information.  And the off-line (installed) help will
>> be generated from this wikihelp in the next releases.
>>
>> Additionally, thanks to wiki being versioned, we will still be able to
>> merge changes from OOo.

>>> Simplest would probably just a small xstl conversion to html of the
>>> application help files.
>>
>> The tooling is now written, just needs testing and polishing:
>>
>> cd clone/help/helpcontent2
>> ./help-to-wiki.py
>>
>> And you'll see the current result in a wiki/ subdir.  Whoever interested
>> in this - patches appreciated! :-)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Kendy

I must have missed this conversation on the website or the
documentation list, being the two teams who would be the stakeholders
and primary drivers of a system like this.
Can someone point me to the archive or wiki page regarding the
planning and consulting on this?

Thanks,
Michael Wheatland

vpanter vpanter

conference call

Hello,

The Belgian and Luxemburg numbers are not working. When dialing in via
the Netherlands: the pin is not accepted.

Can any body help?

Many thanks
Best regards

Leo Moons

rachel a kartch rachel a kartch

Re: conference call

Same in the US--PIN not accepted.

Rachel

Ron Faile Ron Faile

Re: conference call

On 11/27/2010 4:08 PM, Leo Moons wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The Belgian and Luxemburg numbers are not working. When dialing in via
> the Netherlands: the pin is not accepted.
>
> Can any body help?
>
> Many thanks
> Best regards
>
> Leo Moons

<davidnelson <irc://freenode/davidnelson,isnick>> try the moderator pin
257

davidnelson davidnelson

Re: conference call

Hi, :-)

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 06:53, Ron Faile <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 11/27/2010 4:08 PM, Leo Moons wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> The Belgian and Luxemburg numbers are not working. When dialing in via the
>> Netherlands: the pin is not accepted.
>>
>> Can any body help?
>>
>> Many thanks
>> Best regards
>>
>> Leo Moons

I'm so sorry I did not check my mail during the call. :-(

We did catch this problem on the IRC, and all had to use the
moderator's PIN in the end (as you will have read)...

However, I plan to propose another confcall in the very near future,
and will also be writing up this one at a page I created on the wiki
[1]. So you will be able to read up on the discussions.

My sincere apologies for this disappointment... I was able to log in
the other day when I tested... Next time I will ensure we don't have
this kind of problem.

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/ConfCalls/Brainstorming

David Nelson

vpanter vpanter

Re: conference call

Hello David,

Op 28/11/2010 1:31, David Nelson schreef:

> Hi, :-)
>
> On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 06:53, Ron Faile<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> On 11/27/2010 4:08 PM, Leo Moons wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> The Belgian and Luxemburg numbers are not working. When dialing in via the
>>> Netherlands: the pin is not accepted.
>>>
>>> Can any body help?
>>>
>>> Many thanks
>>> Best regards
>>>
>>> Leo Moons
> I'm so sorry I did not check my mail during the call. :-(
No problem
> We did catch this problem on the IRC, and all had to use the
> moderator's PIN in the end (as you will have read)...
I had problems to join on the IRC as well: I am not that not much of an
IRC user, but usually I manage, but not via the link in the Wiki. Could
you add some info how to join?
> However, I plan to propose another confcall in the very near future,
> and will also be writing up this one at a page I created on the wiki
> [1]. So you will be able to read up on the discussions.
Would be great, I will add my comments, questions, suggestions there.
> My sincere apologies for this disappointment... I was able to log in
> the other day when I tested... Next time I will ensure we don't have
> this kind of problem.
It was indeed a bit of a disappointment, especially as I managed to call
in at the end of the conversation, but I did not have that many comments
on these last items on the agenda. I love the idea of sharing comments
with people from different places on the globe, living in totally
different time zones. But good to know, there will be next possibilities.
> [1]http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/ConfCalls/Brainstorming
>
> David Nelson

Best regards

--