Re: [Libreoffice] Proposal to join Apache OpenOffice

1 ... 4567 « Prev
Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: [Libreoffice] Proposal to join Apache OpenOffice

Hi,

Simon Phipps wrote on 2011-06-18 20.15:

> The project names "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their host, [http://www.frodev.org Freies Office Deutschland e.V.], a non-profit organisation registered in Germany. The respective logos and icons used by these projects are also subject to international copyright laws. Use of any of them is subject to the [http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TradeMark_Policy trademark policy].

I can't see where this should help much in understanding the legal
background (like we have posted it regularly to the blog). The trademark
holders are not necessarily backing the entity, cf. the Apache example,
where Apache is licensee of the trademark, but not (yet?) the trademark
holder. However, Oracle, being the trademark holder, is not responsible
for Apache's content.

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108

1 ... 4567 « Prev