Re: Libreoffice national domain name registrations

jonathon jonathon

On 10/02/2010 08:52 PM, Florian Effenberger wrote:

>> Is somebody keeping track of domain registrations:
> yep, I take care of it. ;)

Danken.

jonathon
--
No human will see non-list, non-bulk, non-junk email sent to this address
.

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay

Re: Libreoffice national domain name registrations

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 2:22 AM, Florian Effenberger
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> yep, I take care of it. ;)

Can I also request that some form of guidelines be in place over the
domain registrations ? Both in terms of checking whether the domains
are being registered and handled properly and, infrequent sanity
checks on the approved domains. For example, to begin with, would one
desire to maintain a list of the domains and the period before their
expiry so that renewal can happen without squatting ?

I assume (and hope) that at some point the Foundation would perhaps
want to take ownership in some form over the sub-domains and, ensuring
that brand positioning does not get impacted. Having multiple country
level domains pointing to the top level .org would require some bit of
delicate coordination.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog/>

Danishka Navin Danishka Navin

Re: Libreoffice national domain name registrations

AFAIK, most of domains registered just after TDF announcement (28th Sep) .

We can schedule a mail to all TDF and LibO local domains holders on
July or August of each year.

But this wont required once TDF get full control on all regional domains.

I don't think this will be a big issue.

--
Danishka Navin
http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: Libreoffice national domain name registrations

Hi,

Am 04.10.2010 um 15:05 schrieb Danishka Navin:

> AFAIK, most of domains registered just after TDF announcement (28th
Sep) .

> We can schedule a mail to all TDF and LibO local domains holders on
> July or August of each year.
>
> But this wont required once TDF get full control on all regional
domains.

> I don't think this will be a big issue.

then plan is actually to transfer the domain names to the foundation
when possible ;)

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880

Am 04.10.2010 um 14:52 schrieb Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay:

> Can I also request that some form of guidelines be in place over the
> domain registrations ? Both in terms of checking whether the domains
> are being registered and handled properly and, infrequent sanity
> checks on the approved domains. For example, to begin with, would one
> desire to maintain a list of the domains and the period before their
> expiry so that renewal can happen without squatting ?
>
> I assume (and hope) that at some point the Foundation would perhaps
> want to take ownership in some form over the sub-domains and, ensuring
> that brand positioning does not get impacted. Having multiple country
> level domains pointing to the top level .org would require some bit of
> delicate coordination.

I'm working on it and collect all information. The plan is indeed to
have the domain names registered to the foundation as soon as possible.

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880
Fax: +49 8341 99660889
Mobile: +49 151 14424108

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay

Re: Libreoffice national domain name registrations

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 11:07 PM, Florian Effenberger
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm working on it and collect all information. The plan is indeed to
> have the domain names registered to the foundation as soon as possible.

Thank you. I did not have the URL at hand when I composed the earlier
mail but I am looking forward to come guidelines similar to
<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Local_community_domains>

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog/>

Jide Ogunmekan Jide Ogunmekan

Re: Libreoffice national domain name registrations

Hi All

I'm from Nigeria, would a .ng domain be of any use?  Let me know.

Jide Ogunmekan

16, Oshin Street

Kongi, Bodija,

Ibadan, Oyo State

*[hidden email]*

☎: 08086132375 - 08023130954
My profiles: [image: Facebook] <omeks> [image: Twitter] <jideogunmekan>
Contact me: [image: Y! messenger/] omeks [image: Skype/] jide.ogunmekan
Signature powered by
<http://www.wisestamp.com/email-install?utm_source=extension&utm_medium
=email&utm_campaign=footer>
WiseStamp<http://www.wisestamp.com/email-install?utm_source=extension&utm